What's new

Utah-v-BYU

I disagree.
Utah has an amazing defense. Byu offense is much better than they looked against Utah.

As far as showed no fight against Utah, I disagree. They were going toe to toe against Utah in the first half. The score was 9-6 at halftime (6 of Utah's points coming from a pick 6) and byu was playing quite will offensively despite only having 6 points. A couple penalties and bad snaps in the red zone forced byu to settle for field goals instead of touchdowns.
Despite utah leading at the half byu was leading in nearly every statistical category with more yards, 3rd down conversions, chunk plays etc. They were on pace to put up 400 yards of offense vs the Utah defense which many believe to be one of the best defenses in the country. The byu offensive line gave Wilson time to throw even though they were going against a defense line that Phil Steele says is the best in the nation. Utah had 1 sack on the night. Byu's main running back averaged 6.4 yards per carry. Didn't get enough carries though.

Utah had 2 pick 6's (you will rarely ever ever see that happen in a single game) and 2 very short fields due to a fumbled handoff and a 4th down conversation not converted. That game wasn't about lack of fight. Utah scored 14 points in pick 6's and another 10 points on very short fields. 24 points right there. Those things didn't happen due to lack of fight. That's the story of the Utah game.

Hell, byu had a number of personal fouls in that game. Maybe they should have had less fight.

Wilson is a stud, so is Tyson Williams. The offensive line is great. The tight ends are fantastic. (They should have MLP back today).
Utah is a very good (14th ranked iirc) senior laden team (they started 15 seniors against byu out of their 22 starters) who had NFL players decide to forgo their NFL careers to come back to Utah and they own byu. Don't read too much into that one game sample size.
Oh and byu plays better on the road than they do at home under Sitake

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

When I say BYU has no fight/heart I mean that when they get punched in the mouth they stay down and roll over. You're right that they played a good first half. They were right in it and were in many ways playing the better game. Then Utah punched them in the mouth with a pick 6 and it was over. BYU just accepted defeat at that point and Utah rolled them.

Seeing Utah get pick 6's against BYU is not rare lol. It's almost a yearly tradition.

Utah definitely didn't play their best and still kicked byu ***. So that's discouraging. Utah could have scored on their last drive probably and missed on special teams a bit and had a few bad dropped passes. But they also had no turnovers and played smarter and more disciplined (like usual)

And like I said, I'm worried about the byu defense.

I'm not worried about the offense though. I would be worried about the offense if they were punting a lot and having lots of 3 and outs.

They played one of the best defenses in the country and only punted 3 times for the game. They were 6-12 on 3rd downs (the Utes were 3-12) and only gave up one sack to an incredible d line and averaged decent yards per carry (about 5 yards per carry if you don't count when the backup QB came in to run the wildcat and fumbled the snap and lost yards. Dumb play call there anyway)

BYU only punted the ball 3 times because they also turned it over 3 times lol.

BYU only punted the ball 3 times because they also turned it over 3 times lol.
Actually it was more due to the defense not being able to get off the field. The offense didn't have very many possessions in the second half. Regardless of how they ended those possessions.
Oh and Utah is like really good and stuff
I would be more discouraged by lots of 3 and outs like I said.

Last edited:
Utah ran it on byu. Now Tennessee is has 247 rushing yards.

Tennessee scores a TD off a tipped pass.
The out of bounds catch for Tennessee gets reviewed and overturned while the announcers are saying that there is no way it will be overturned.
Facemask call when the facemask wasn't even touched.

Typical

Where has Bushman been.

First 0-2 start since 1995.

I wish they would have won the coin toss

This is 4 down territory for Tennessee