What's new

Utah vs. #15 Pitt

Beantown

utah-utes1.png

VS.

PittPanthers_1_.jpg

We are less than a week away! So how do you guys see this game playing out? Here are the things I will be watching:

Pitts running game-will it be as good with there new offensive line?

Utah's defense-we know the line is good, but how will the linebackers and corners perform?

Jordan Wynn-how much has he grown from last season?

I believe the offense on both sides will be rusty since its the first game. The defense will dominate on both sides and it will be low scoring. Im guessing a 17-10 Utah win.

I'm rooting for the Utes. What's depressing is that next year (or the year after) they are supposed to be our rivals, but I just can't bring myself to root against them. I've always liked the school. Maybe that will change when I see the Buffs play them every year and see them whip them (until Hawkins is canned and a decent coach rebuilds the program).

I'm just happy football season is finally here. First games always worry me, but not this one. From everything I hear coming out of camp I'm pretty confident that we'll play well and get the W. Everyone talks about Pitt's running attack...well, ours is just as good and we have an experienced offensive line. The offense will be fun to watch this year.

Pitt 17
Utah 31

I know this is laughable, but many Utah players are saying this is the most offensively gifted team the Utes have ever had. I hope they smoke Pitt mafia style and Tommy Gun the **** out of Pitt.

Last edited:
I don't know what to expect, all I know about Pitt is they have a beast of a RB. We still don't know how good Wynn is(Cain outplayed him at times during camp) and who will he throw to besides brooks, but at least we know we have two dependable RB's and I think our defense will still be pretty good.

Beep, this game happens to be on the day I have eye surgery. I hope I can watch it, if not, I guess I could listen to Bill.

So, just out of morbid interest, what will be Utah's excuse when they lose to Pitt? Will it be because Pitt is the better team? Because of the officials? Or because Utah just isn't very good?

I'm betting number 2.

GO PITT!

I'm excited about this game.

I think the Utes have a great shot at beating Pitt. Utah's defensive line is going to dominate as will their running backs (before Asiata goes on his annual broken knee or leg or something. I give him maybe 2.5 quarters before he injures himself and is granted a 15th year of college eligibility).

I think the Utes concerns over their left tackle and young QB are overblown, as I don't think they'll rely too much on their passing game.

Utes win a tough game, 24-14

Any team with Dave Wannstedt as the head coach is overrated.

Like Clutch, I'm also a Dolphin fan and I also approve this message.

After years of watching Wannstedt, it's simply a known fact that he goes into EVERY single football game with the same gameplan: try to run the ball, play solid defense with almost no blitzing and play not to make mistakes on either side of the ball. As a result, his teams tend to play tight knowing that there's not much room for error. Mistakes are a part of football, and when Wannstedt's teams make mistakes it basically unravels them very quickly because they are programed not to make any. Sure, his strong run game and vanilla defense will keep Pitt in most every game they play, and they will also use that philosiphy to crush their inferior opponents.

The problem with that for Pitt is that Utah is not an inferior opponent, and Utah is playing at home, and Utah didn't travel accross the country to play this game, and Utah isn't afraid to pin their ears back and play the game without being afraid of making a mistake. Oh yeah, and Utah just happens to have a couple of nice RB's and offensive line that can grind it out with the best of them. I think Pitt is a great team. They'll keep it close for 3 quarters and if Utah isn't mentally sharp, they'll be in trouble. However, I think Utah will be mentally sharp and Wannstedt will be, well, he'll be Wannstedt.

My prediction:

Utah-30
Pitt-17

Bonus Prediction:

Trout is in here immediately after the game dismissing Pitt as "overrated" and proclaiming that Utah is not nearly as good as they looked.