What's new

Utah's Future Starting Point Guard...?

Jeffrey32

Brandon Jennings
https://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/176581531.html
Utah has surprisingly done a great job over the past couple seasons of rejuvenating players who have worn out their welcome from their previous teams (Josh Howard) or the league (Jamaal Tinsley). Depending on Mo Williams success in the role and the possibility of re-signing him as the starter or maybe a sixth man, Utah's biggest need is for a young PG of the future. Jennings can create and score and if he is healthy and can recreate his numbers (82 games, 15 points, 6 assists) from his rookie year, he would be a brilliant add.The Bucks are not a organization that is run well and are a bad example of a small market team as they are about cost-cutting and bad management decisions, so Utah could be the stable environment in which Jennings could thrive. If Ty Lawson signed for 4 years/$48m and Stephon Curry for 4 years/$44m, then I could see Jennings getting 4 years/ $38-42m and depending on his season, he could be worth that.

He's a possibility. But who knows where that will fall on Lindsey's priority list next year with contract extensions and the bevy of guys the Jazz have now that will be FA's.

I'd rather find a young pg, and make him earn his big contract. Jennings is a punk, and I don't think he'd be good in the locker room. I dont think he does anything to help the young 4 progress.

Yea, that's what we need, a starting point guard that shoots less than 40% from the field, less than 35% from 3, and dishes out 5.5 assists per 34 minutes.

I really think our "future" starting pg should add value to our team.

Jrue Holliday if he doesn't get extended. I would have thrown 48 million for four years at Lawson too but nobody had a chance damn it. Maybe Steph curry if he plays a whole season. Jeff Teague. There's a few free agents worth throwing some money at next year. Give cp3 the max. He won't come here but at least we could try to entice him to win a ship with d wills old team

Jennings is a big talent/upside, but the wrong guy to build team chemistry with our young core. imo

From what I've seen, BJ(lol...nice initials bro) reminds me of devin harris. He's quick, can score against bad teams, makes stupid mistake's, and is able to distribute the ball. I don't know what exactly he'll develop into to, but i just don't see him fitting into our offense. Who knows? He said he's been imitating Nash's moves, so he might get better... I'd rather just draft a PG, tbh.

Reactions: UB
Jrue Holliday if he doesn't get extended. I would have thrown 48 million for four years at Lawson too but nobody had a chance. Jeff Teague. There's a few free agents worth throwing some money at next year. Give cp3 the max. He won't come here but at least we could try to entice him to win a ship with d wills old team

Him and Hayward participated in a Call of Duty thing together over the summer. Clearly Hayward was recruiting.

From what I've seen, BJ(lol...nice initials bro) reminds me of devin harris. He's quick, can score against bad teams, makes stupid mistake's, and is able to distribute the ball. I don't know what exactly he'll develop into to, but i just don't see him fitting into our offense. Who knows? He said he's been imitating Nash's moves, so he might get better... I'd rather just draft a PG, tbh.

That's pretty much the comparison I was going to make. I've heard Bucks fan comment on how they play better as a team when Ridinour runs the point.

I think Jennings will always put up flashy numbers; but he'll never win a thing. Don't want him.

Dynamic young point guards are hard to find, unless you are Sacramento. I would take a shot at him, but would rather try to pry Bledsoe away from the Clippers if they re-sign Chris Paul.

That's pretty much the comparison I was going to make. I've heard Bucks fan comment on how they play better as a team when Ridinour runs the point.

I think Jennings will always put up flashy numbers; but he'll never win a thing. Don't want him.

Speaking of, Ridnour is the type of player the Jazz should target and will end up with anyway. A passed around point guard who will play for cheap. There is no solution at point guard outside the draft.

Mo Williams is the best option. Extend him for less money and grab a backup.

I'd rather find a young pg, and make him earn his big contract. Jennings is a punk, and I don't think he'd be good in the locker room. I dont think he does anything to help the young 4 progress.
Likely two 1st round picks. Jazz may combine them to move up, or go PG and Big (depending on what they decide or hear from the agents for Al and Paul).

Bucks fans are lost in the past. Ridnour hasn't played for the Bucks for the past 2 seasons.

Jennings isn't a winner a say no.