What's new

Utarr El Hazz vs Mexico City La Magicas 4PM Mexico City time

Joe Ingles has an on/off differential of something like 16 points. He's been the single most valuable Jazz player when you look at lineup data.

The schedule will start to help the Jazz. There is no denying that.

But at the same time losses like this are not good enough. This was a pathetic showing.

Not gonna read the previous pages. Is someone criticizing Ingles or suggesting he is not starter material? That's plain dumb. Tonight he just got bad luck and missed some gimmies he usually makes. Other than that, he was great. He did a pretty good job of running the offense and involving Favors.

inexcusable loss and embarassing to only score 89 points and give up 41 in the 4th.
Lindsey needs to make a MAJOR trade. The defense ain't defending and the offense ain't scoring consistently.
IMO, Mitchell is the only untouchable. Everyone else should be available for the right price. But, of course, there would never be a fair price offered for Gobert, so that means he stays. But even rumors might be enough to light a fire. This team just seems complacent. There's no sense of urgency. I don't think anyone improved significantly over the summer. Guaranteed roster spots and big contracts have created an AK-like attitude.

He was at 44% from 3 in a jazz uni before tonight
That was before tonight.... Now he's at 38%.

I just think he doesn't have consistency with his shot anymore.

I'd rather have him shooting 3/7 or 4/9 from the field consistently rather then being 1/7 or 2/9 most of the time and the odd game with 4/5 or 5/7 stats.

Not gonna read the previous pages. Is someone criticizing Ingles or suggesting he is not starter material? That's plain dumb. Tonight he just got bad luck and missed some gimmies he usually makes. Other than that, he was great. He did a pretty good job of running the offense and involving Favors.
How did you know that someone was criticizing Ingles if you didnt read the previous pages?

Well, on the bright side our front-court showed up and as a team we took care of the ball and made free-throws. Aside from that... dumpster fire.

inexcusable loss and embarassing to only score 89 points and give up 41 in the 4th.
Lindsey needs to make a MAJOR trade. The defense ain't defending and the offense ain't scoring consistently.
IMO, Mitchell is the only untouchable. Everyone else should be available for the right price. But, of course, there would never be a fair price offered for Gobert, so that means he stays. But even rumors might be enough to light a fire. This team just seems complacent. There's no sense of urgency. I don't think anyone improved significantly over the summer. Guaranteed roster spots and big contracts have created an AK-like attitude.

You are overreacting a bit. Agree something must be done but DM, Ingles and Gobert should remain untouchable.

Quin's coaching has been weird at times I must say, particularly with rotations. Favors, our best player tonight probably by a significant margin gets only 24 minutes. Crowder was -17 in 25 minutes. Must stop being somewhat rigid with rotations and start coaching on feel of each game. I don't think that there is much excuse for not playing Derrick more minutes in this game.

Quin's coaching has been weird at times I must say, particularly with rotations. Favors, our best player tonight probably by a significant margin gets only 24 minutes. Crowder was -17 in 25 minutes. Must stop being somewhat rigid with rotations and start coaching on feel of each game. I don't think that there is much excuse for not playing Derrick more minutes in this game.
Only an opinion, but I think because he's so meticulous in his pre game preparation he is actually pretty bad at having to make in game adjustments on the fly.