What's new

Utes and Kentucky bb lines today

Yep. BOISE is legit.

And Utes have plenty of opportunity to make the dance. Just finish well in a BCS conference (top 4) and you should make it. OOC schedule really only comes into play with true bubble teams and mid-majors. Beat AZ and/or UCLA and you have a quality win.

Was implying that I think if Utah made it it would be as a bubble team who's resume would need to be scrutinized.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

Was implying that I think if Utah made it it would be as a bubble team who's resume would need to be scrutinized.

Oh... misread it. I thought you were saying you played no one at all to get a quality win. Mubad.

Yep Utes won by 19, it's been awhile so I gotta take the little things while the gettin' is good.

Delon Wright (55) looked like he really belonged out there and it just feels nice as U fan to watch an actual cohesive team that has something resembling to college talent and trending in the right direction. Not saying anything towards how good they are but just relatively speaking compared to the last few years this team from what I've seen is a breathe of fresh air.
Loved him in that game looked like a true point forward out there
*** y'all, I'll say it, Utes are legit.

I agree. Don't think they will win the P12 or anything, but they won't be pushovers.

Didn't realize Taylor was that good a shooter.

Will somebody explain the recruiting thing to me?
I was looking at the 2014 recruits and I noticed that the Utes haven't made an offer to a 5star recruit. Why?
Arizona by comparison has made offers to six of them.

Utes
https://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/254/class/2014/page/offers
Wildcats
https://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/12/class/2014/page/offers

realists.

srsly, though, if you don't think you can get a 5star (there are only 25 each year) then you don't offer but instead tell a guy that is ranked, say, in the 50's that he's YOUR guy and sell him on being the go-to if he comes to Utah and you slowly build on success. Sean Miller (AZ) is a top 5 recruiter in the nation and AZ has far more bb support and tradition than the Utes.. he can lure kids.

also, 5 star guys tend to wait until the end to choose a school... if the Utes wait on them and strike out, all the average guys are already signed elsewhere and you're stuck pillaging the hockey team to fill your roster.

also, 5 star guys tend to wait until the end to choose a school... if the Utes wait on them and strike out, all the average guys are already signed elsewhere and you're stuck pillaging the hockey team to fill your roster.

Ok I see that, and I wasn't trying to compare the programs.

But why not go after say just 5 star point guards. Will a mid 50's pf really be threatened by a star pg. Seems like it would be a positive for them. I'm not saying that they would get them but they definitely won't if they don't offer.

Ok I see that, and I wasn't trying to compare the programs.

But why not go after say just 5 star point guards. Will a mid 50's pf really be threatened by a star pg. Seems like it would be a positive for them. I'm not saying that they would get them but they definitely won't if they don't offer.

they need all positions... and it's VERY unlikely that a non-tourney team can sign a 5star. I'm not hating or trolling here.

they need all positions... and it's VERY unlikely that a non-tourney team can sign a 5star. I'm not hating or trolling here.

I know.

Neither am I. I am really just trying to learn a bit here.

At what point can they try? or is it never gunna happen?

I know.

Neither am I. I am really just trying to learn a bit here.

At what point can they try? or is it never gunna happen?

Need a little splash.. a story. If the Utes upset a couple teams, make a little run.. it starts. It also requires a dynamic coach that can SELL the program to the kids and the parents AGAINST other programs (it's a brutal game).

Yes, it can be done... get the right charismatic coach and make a run and the landscape changes. Problem is everyone wants to do that.

Watch how the Clones be closing in on dat 5 star Rashad Vaughn. They'll show how it's done

btw Kentucky a 50 point favorite over Auburn this year. Can't believe the Clones drew Auburn in that bogus challenge with sec. They are butt awful