What's new

Utes favored by 30.5 over CSU

Utes -30.5

• Utes cover

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Colorado St cover

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Unfortunately for you Ute fans, this will go along way to help improve their Strength of Schedule.

Ya your right it kinda does suck when expectations are +30 pts for a conference game. Next year will be much tougher conference games so definitely will have to adjust to that.

I actually voted for the Rams to cover. They're coming along overall and their run game is getting really good. Plus, law of averages states that Utah isn't going to cover sooner or later. Right?

Utah wins in much of the same manner they won up in Wyoming. My biggest hope is that Wynn dials back on the INTS. I'm starting to get a little nervous about Wynn and his turnovers.

Utah is the only team currently undefeated ATS in college football.

My guess is that Utah wins big. I base this off several reasons...

1. They're back home. This is the first home game in three weeks when you account for the bye week. Just playing in front of the crowd will get 'em going .

2. The team is rightfully pissed over their performance last Saturday. You know you're good when a 30-6 blasting of Wyoming doesn't satisfy you. This was a game that should've been at least a 44-0 win. Wynn has said he won't throw three picks again. I believe him. I expect him to tear it up.

3. CSU is 0-3 on the road and has lost those games by a combined score of 131-43.

4. Last time the Rams tripped to Salt Lake City, the Utes had their best game of the season - winning 49-16 in 2008. I expect a similar score, which would mean they barely covered the spread.

5. Steve Fairchild ain't no Dave Christensen. There is no real history between Whitt and Fairchild. I don't think there is any animosity between the two coaches, but I doubt they're buddies. Christensen and Whitt actually go back quite a bit and that probably played a role in Utah's game approach (they ran, ran, ran).

Of course, with a 30.5 spread, anything can happen. That's an awful lot of points. As I mentioned, Utah beat the Rams 49-16 back in '08 and that would barely cover this spread.

But since Utah beat Wyoming 30-6 and very well should have won that by more and the fact the Cowboys are better, I like their odds.

I'll say final score: 56-10. A margin of 46.

No way Utah covers that one. CSU >>>>> BYU as far as the way they handled their young QB. He'll probably throw for around 300 against you guys.

No way Utah covers that one. CSU >>>>> BYU as far as the way they handled their young QB. He'll probably throw for around 300 against you guys.

While I think it will be tough for Utah to cover the spread, if he does throw for 300 yards it will be because his team is down 21-0 after the 1st qtr and CSU is forced to abandon the run game and throw every down.

Utah's Secondary is the truth!

Let's put it this way....the cumulative passing ranking of the 6 teams you have played thus far is 92nd. 92nd. I don't whether your secondary is any good or not, but surely they haven't been tested.

I agree that Utah probably won't cover. No way CSU goes for 300 in the air, tho. I would be shocked if they get 300 total.

Iowa State is about to beat #19 Texas. Great for the Utes, especially considering Utah blew them out of the water.

Michigan State is struggling against Northwestern, and NW is marching down the field as I type.

This could be an outstanding week for Utah in terms of poll positioning.

You guys should stop with all that scoring and try for some style points. Robert Anae recommends the 360 handoff.