What's new

Utes favored by 30.5 over CSU

Utes -30.5

• Utes cover

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Colorado St cover

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Colorado St. showed me enough speed and a good enough passing attack to fully expect a W against BYU next week.

Can the rest of Utah's schedule just quit until TCU? That's basically the only game that matters anyway. Both TCU and Utah should be given a free pass. Let the crappy teams keep playing each other. Maybe eventually they'll throw a touchdown pass or something. No need to waste time watching TCU and Utah hammer the jokes of this conference who couldn't beat half of the HS Football schools in Utah by 60 points.

I agree that Utah probably won't cover.

I feel so unfaithful.

I actually left the game early. I got tired of sitting in the wet and cold watching CSU watch Utah. I want Air Force to put up a fight. I still feel like I don't exactly where the Utes stand. Are they as good as they look, or are they just getting the worst teams' worst games? They are definitely top 25, IMO, but it's hard to get a read when nobody tests them.

I feel so unfaithful.

I actually left the game early. I got tired of sitting in the wet and cold watching CSU watch Utah. I want Air Force to put up a fight. I still feel like I don't exactly where the Utes stand. Are they as good as they look, or are they just getting the worst teams' worst games? They are definitely top 25, IMO, but it's hard to get a read when nobody tests them.

I really think that Utah is a top team. Top 5? Maybe. Top 10? Definitely. This year's team is better than 2008. They're deeper at every spot and they don't take games off. The Pitt game was close, but it was Utah shooting themselves in the foot that made it close. Since then, they've done everything they can do. Sure, the competition was weak, but they went to Iowa State and demolished them. Iowa State went to (admittedly down) Texas and won. The only team that I think would handle the Utes is Oregon. I really think Oregon is the best team in the nation, hands down, but anyone else, the Utes could play with. I expect them to go into Colorado Springs, take care of business and leave with a 20+ point win. If all goes well, the 6th of November could see two top five teams squaring off in Rice Eccles.

I'm pretty much on board with what YB is saying, somethings that scare me/I have questions on his turnovers overall on the season the D hadn't been forcing many but they hopefully started righting that ship against CSU but still the offense and special teams have too many. Also again against CSU it looked better but the RB's are solid but hadn't been able to break for big plays and again hopefully after CSU it is starting to trend upwards.
Defense the only thing that concerns me is the LB's now they've been good all season but I still worry about them against the better teams.

The good thing about the Utes, and where they greatly differ from BYU, is that when they play the tomato cans they put their foot on the gas pedal and never let up. I haven't seen the U play down to competition in a LONG time now.

This team is for sure good, but I won't start getting my hopes up until that TCU game. TCU is for real. Crazy that the MWC could and should have two teams in the top 5 right now, and another team from the WAC making the top 5 a majority of schools from non-BCS conferences.

Meanwhile, the Big Least and ACC both suck juevos.

Meanwhile, the Big Least and ACC both suck juevos.

A couple of weeks ago on ESPN's BCS Countdown, Craig James was asked which conference was better, the MWC or the ACC. He quickly answered "ACC", and his tone was incredulous, as thought he was stunned that anyone could even conceive of such a ridiculous question.

As an SMU guy, one would think he'd be more empathetic to the non-AQ schools. Apparently not.

I really dislike that guy.

A couple of weeks ago on ESPN's BCS Countdown, Craig James was asked which conference was better, the MWC or the ACC. He quickly answered "ACC", and his tone was incredulous, as thought he was stunned that anyone could even conceive of such a ridiculous question.

As an SMU guy, one would think he'd be more etic to the non-AQ schools. Apparently not.

I really dislike that guy.

The top of the MWC is better than the ACC, but the conference on the whole might not be as good; however, the MWC > Big East.