What's new

Vegas Raiders?

Cappy_Smurf

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-matter/ar-BByUn8u?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Las_Vegas_Raiders.jpg

Got their team back after losing them to LA for 13 years, and now they are losing them again.

Makes me glad to be a Jazz fan with ownership that cares more about keeping the team in Utah than making as much money as possible.

I don't recall who said it but, current or former player, but he thinks it will be difficult for younger players to focus on football in Las Vegas. I don't disagree. Depending on the type of players currently on the team and players drafted it could be a disaster from a PR standpoint.

My sister lives in Vegas (well Henderson but same thing) so I'm happy about this. I will probably go to a game each year.

Sure, it's "Sin" City, but the fact of the matter is that all these young millionaires in the NFL can afford to get in trouble in any city they live in. Honestly, I really don't see Vegas having much more distractions than cities like New York, LA, South Beach, etc. I'd be more concerned about the transient fan base. While I'm sure Raider Nation will show up in good numbers each Sunday, Vegas is gonna need a large number of tourists each week to fill up the rest of the stadium. At first I'm sure the novelty of it will carry them for a while. What happens 5 to 10 years later when it's no longer a novelty? What happens when the Raiders have a few losing seasons?

Sure, it's "Sin" City, but the fact of the matter is that all these young millionaires in the NFL can afford to get in trouble in any city they live in. Honestly, I really don't see Vegas having much more distractions than cities like New York, LA, South Beach, etc. I'd be more concerned about the transient fan base. While I'm sure Raider Nation will show up in good numbers each Sunday, Vegas is gonna need a large number of tourists each week to fill up the rest of the stadium. At first I'm sure the novelty of it will carry them for a while. What happens 5 to 10 years later when it's no longer a novelty? What happens when the Raiders have a few losing seasons?

They will move again i guess lol NFL team owners are so greedy.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I look forward to flooding that stadium with orange and blue once a season. Tons of Broncos fans in NE Nevada and SW Utah. Way easier for them to get to Vegas than Denver. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Denver fans in my city charter a bus every year.

They should rename them the Las Vegas Bookies