What's new

Venezuela

Really? I didn’t read it as he was referring to developed societies ‘ needs as empty and needless. I just thougt he was pointing out what causes different levels of motivations and needs. But I agree that this difference doesn’t make an American citizen’s LGBT related rights issues pointless. Humans always tend to seek for more complex needs as they fulfil lower levels of the pyramid of needs. Venezuela staying without electricity or African kids dying of hunger does not make these issues needless to fight for.

Maybe I misread it. I’m open to that. But when he put in quotations “problems” it seemed to diminish these problems as being something cooked up in people’s heads because of our wealth and security instead of scrounging around for food, like Venezuelans currently are.

Most of what people call "problems" in a society like America's right now are "caused" by rampant prosperity.

Maybe I misread it. I’m open to that. But when he put in quotations “problems” it seemed to diminish these problems as being something cooked up in people’s heads because of our wealth and security instead of scrounging around for food, like Venezuelans currently are.
I see where you’re coming from. You have a point but Log would have to clarify what he meant. On the other hand, if we had to measure these problems in the same scale regardless of which societal cosmos they are in, like a humanitarian perspective that needs to prioratize the issues of the people of the world, of course they would come later than survival problems. Since they don’t interact directly these societies have their own perception of what problem is.

A panel of "experts" tell is what the PERCEPTION of corruption is in every country.

Im not sure how this tells us anything we can reliably depend on.

Corruption by its very nature is secretive. Im not sure how you accurately quantify that.

Probably a left leaning site tbh.
Well I don't know how you would authoritatively measure corruption in the 180 or so countries included in the list. So it is not definitive, but I would not discount it completely.

I stand by the assessment that the countries at the top of the list as having relatively low corruption. They are all relatively well run governments and content societies. Singapore is notably right of center and it is at the top of the list, so I don't think a left, or liberal, bias makes sense. What they all have in common is emphasis on the rule of law.

What does it say about your biases that you automatically discount it as left leaning?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app