What's new

Vernon Carey Jr Waived

Read from Ken Clayton (if not mistaken) that Carey might possible be re-signed if he clears waivers, probably under one of the exceptions(?). Not sure on the legality of this, but I guess it would be an interesting move.
It’s fine. Jazz signed him last year, but it’s not guaranteed. Cutting him now opens up just a slightly bit more cap space to use on Clarkson’s renegotiate and extend contract, while taking the number all the way up to the cap. After that, they can still use part or all of their room exception to fill the last one or two spots while going over the cap. Hopefully, if they do resign him it’s on an exhibit 10 contract.

Think he’d be great on the Stars, and I wouldn’t hate him on a 2-way. Just don’t think he’s good enough to fill out the 3rd center spot on this team right now.

Last edited:
‘Waived’ always seems such an unnecessarily harsh term to me. I just picture a dismissive hand gesture followed by the words ‘p*ss off’.

The most awkward conversation, killing someone’s dream , hey dude , you got a minute.

Or just do the Homer Simpson , you’re cut , you’re cut , Shushy you’re cut too .