What's new

Video Game Thread

Totally kidding. Good write up Avery even though my opinion is very different.

I just passed 100 hours and I'm still in my first playthrough and I'm still finding stuff to kill that blows my mind. Up until the very endgame I'm still discovering new weapons and with crazy arts and incantations that look amazing and can blow through a boss's HP meter. I don't think I've ever been more satisfied with a game. This is personal GOAT material. This is just my first go around and I still have about 7-10 big bosses to go from what I can tell.

I probably won't stop here either, I ran a Strength/Faith build and I can take this one to NG+ and also there are at least three other builds I want to try out (I mean I'm a grown man who doesn't have this kind of time but I can dream)

Anyways if you can catch on to the game play loop that a souls game offers I highly recommend it. I'd recommend giving it a try at least if you haven't tried one of them before.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Been a hot minute and I gave Elden Ring another playthrough the past four weeks in a quick 60 hours. This time, I went with a mage build instead of melee but honestly felt that I probably cheated myself a bit because I did less exploring (knew exactly what catacombs/caves/etc. to avoid as it didn't have good stuff). I also didn't suffer myself through places that are a total pain like anywhere where's there's snow on the ground and especially the Haligtree. I also just YOLO'd it through Crumbling this time instead of going room by room as it's just death mobs left and right.

I think on NG+, it should have randomized placement of some items a bit more to encourage exploration. Magic definitely gives a different playstyle that when done effectively almost felt like cheating. Stuff like Comet Azur is still overpowered and just melts stationary bosses.

Anyway, now I'm officially done with it. I think the game would have been better served ending at the Capitol as the endgame is still painfully unbalanced and a bit empty. IMO, this was a good experiment from the developer, but Dark Souls-like games should be a linear experience IMO as it just translates to a more refined gaming experience.

Since sony rolled out their new game service I've been trying out a lot of different games.Ghost of Tsushima is my new game of choice right now.

Since sony rolled out their new game service I've been trying out a lot of different games.Ghost of Tsushima is my new game of choice right now.

Good choice. Really good combat mechanics in a beautiful world. One of my favorite ending boss fights ever.

Me too.

Join the jazzfanz discord server if that's a thing you would ever do.

Otherwise, hit me up if you're into playing together. It's not a thing I do a lot (translate that into never) but I kind of want to play with people I know. I'm 100% voice chat optional.

Here's a link

I finally downloaded the discord app but it said the link expired or something. I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do.

I finally downloaded the discord app but it said the link expired or something. I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do.
TBH we haven't done a single thing with the discord channel.

But if you want to play some rocket league sometime hit me up. I haven't been playing it as much lately but I could easily get back into it.

TBH we haven't done a single thing with the discord channel.

But if you want to play some rocket league sometime hit me up. I haven't been playing it as much lately but I could easily get back into it.

Im getting on right mow for about an hour. (Just put the kiddo to bed).

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Not enough people have joined to really do anything. It's good to have in case something does arise where using a Discord would be useful.

Update: Beat Ghost of Tsushima. Loved it enough that I also beat all the side stories. It is very much a open world game where you beat something get a little bit upgrade points and move onto the next thing. But if your game looks this good and the combat is really fun I have incentive to do those things. I spent more time on it than any other game in recent memory but its worth it.

Update: Beat Ghost of Tsushima. Loved it enough that I also beat all the side stories. It is very much a open world game where you beat something get a little bit upgrade points and move onto the next thing. But if your game looks this good and the combat is really fun I have incentive to do those things. I spent more time on it than any other game in recent memory but its worth it.
There's a new game coming out, Where Winds Meet. It's actually from a Chinese studio. It looks kind of like Assassin's Creed, Wuxia Edition.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDDeQD35y8A&t=100s

I've been obsessively playing Weed Shop 3 for the last couple weeks.

I'm at a point where I'm not sure if there's a victory condition or if I'm just supposed to be happy that my weed operation is making a lot of money.

I've been obsessively playing Weed Shop 3 for the last couple weeks.

I'm at a point where I'm not sure if there's a victory condition or if I'm just supposed to be happy that my weed operation is making a lot of money.

I just want to mention that there are now officially licensed Kids in the Hall bongs.

I just got my Steam Deck. It's just about perfect for me so far, great to be able to play most of the games I have on Steam on it.

I just got my Steam Deck. It's just about perfect for me so far, great to be able to play most of the games I have on Steam on it.
I passed on my reservation about a month ago. I medium regret it, but it was intended more for my daughter anyway and she was kind of lukewarm about it.

I passed on my reservation about a month ago. I medium regret it, but it was intended more for my daughter anyway and she was kind of lukewarm about it.
I passed on mine back in June, I had a bit of financial crunch at the time. But I re-reserved.

I'm not much of a handheld guy, but the retro handheld market is pretty sweet! Recommend one made by Anbernic, they are top quality.

I enjoyed Weed Shop III quite a bit even though it was pretty grindy, it had a lot of surprising depth and complexity for a game about selling weed.

So I figured PC Building Simulator 2 would be fun too. I watched a few PC/tech youtubers videos about it and they had nothing but good things to say. Its okay, but I'm not enjoying it half as much. I'm at level 8 and I'm considering just giving up on it even though I don't have anything else I really want to play right now.