What's new

VIDEO: Gobert is developing a smooth jumper

"smooth" might be a reletive term but I like the work.

I wish we could get one of those tennis ball machines that just launches basketballs at Rudy for him to catch.

Leave him in the gym with one of those for 4 months, he'll average 18ppg

It's slow as ****.

It's a lot quicker release than we have seen from him in games and if he can shoot it like this in the games, it will be quick enough because they aren't guarding him out there. If they come out, he just needs to pump fake and go in for a slam dunk.

Idk, I'm having trouble thinking of any respectable big with a jumper who has a low release point, I'm sure some exist though.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Why not get excited? Who cares if it is slow release or no leap? The important thing is "is he working on it? Does he focus on getting it done? Will he opt to shoot whenever he has space within 15 feet which he will have a lot?"

Why can't any of these big men learn the Jabbar skyhook
The greatest unstoppable shot of all time.
It does not look that hard but maybe it is
Gobert is freakish long. How could anyone block that.

Love that he is working on it. Now can we get him to work on catching the ball in traffic? Guy has bricks for hands.

Why not get excited? Who cares if it is slow release or no leap? The important thing is "is he working on it? Does he focus on getting it done? Will he opt to shoot whenever he has space within 15 feet which he will have a lot?"
I'm excited. I just hope France let's him use it, I'm sure they won't tho.

I'm excited. I just hope France let's him use it, I'm sure they won't tho.

That's smth I am concerned with too. We have seen them misuse him a lot and yet worn him off so much to affect his regular season fatigue.

I think the main thing I like about it is this makes it clear he's putting work into this.

Right now the release is a little slow, but is it crazy to expect that to speed up as he gets comfortable shooting and hitting outside jumpers?

I would think as he gets more comfortable shooting them, he will be able to catch and shoot faster. I do understand the lower release point, but that isn't as worrisome, because Gobert is a great passer and if they close out on him, he will be able to find someone open somewhere if he can't get a shot off.

How anyone Jazz fan could watch that video and complain about it is beyond my comprehension.
Well because its overall subpar form. I really hate how he doesn't extend his elbow through his shot, he does that on his FTS too.

Well because its overall subpar form. I really hate how he doesn't extend his elbow through his shot, he does that on his FTS too.

If this video had existed on draft night he wouldn't have been available in the 20's, guaranteed.

I always wonder why they get them to shoot multiple shots from the same spot. Why not make them move to a new spot every shot? Make them adjust every time.