What's new

Voter Suppression and Why The Republicans Love It So Much?

I was going to guess National City at first but it's a bit farther than 30min to Tijuana.

I lived in San Diego for 5 years from 2001 to 2006. My sister has lived there since '97. My wife's sister moved their in '95 but just moved back to Utah about 2 years ago. I lived just off Market St and 33rd St. on Mclarens Ln the first few years in San Diego, then I moved out to El Cajon and then Rancho San Diego. I worked at the Navy Base on 32nd St for about a year and then I worked on NAS North Island on Coronado for the last 4 years while I was stationed on the USS Nimitz (CVN 68).
A lot of people come through San Diego and San Diego is better for it. I know well all the places you've mentioned. Some can be on the rougher side but I hope those 5 years didn't treat you badly. As for me, I moved from Utah to San Diego for school (Go Aztecs!). I met a girl.

This uber nationalism disguised as “patriotism” is something I see every time I see that image, happened more than once at Trump appearances, in which he walks out on the stage and wraps himself in the flag, tightly hugging it, with the smile that he uses at that point to show how much he “loves” his nation. Don’t buy it. If he “loved” the United States, he would have made some effort to act as a president for all Americans. He never did, and the specie of “patriotism” he represents will always sicken me….JMPO, but I’ve seen how nationalism has been a principle cause of some of humanity’s most destructive wars.

“If the American empire ever falls – and it will – we can thank the patriots for the demise of democracy. Ultimately, these fanatical jingoists are the least patriotic people in America. They detest democracy and loathe any prospect of a more perfect union. They have pledged their allegiance to the flag, but not the republic for which it stands. Patriotism as performance is their only protection because a country that provides liberty and justice for all is too unbearable a thought.

They’d rather kill it first”.

Lol
One side actually wants a civil war. They literally want to murder and eradicate the other side. Now thats what I call animosity.

Btw there is no way to statically show the amount of animosity a faction of a party has for the other party so you are lying. Its simply your opinion that the left has more animosity for the right than vice versa. A stupid opinion but an opinion none the less.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I dunno, how can we be sure that they want a civil war? Oh wait…

F592397F-44D6-4377-AE63-BAFD705D4400.jpeg
And what’s a second amendment solution? Is that like when you get together on a negotiation and work out differences? So if I have a disagreement with my wife, is it cool if I use the second amendment solution to solve it?

Turning point is an organization for college republicans and they’re asking its leader when they can use guns

Don't you realisze that CRT is just a twist on Marxist tactics for creating leverage over a susceptible population.
I can't wait to hear about how a theory discussed primarily by minority professors can create any sort of overage over people like you.

Oh my god, she's in tears because someone pushed her.
Because she got maced. You really miss the obvious all over the place.

Wow she made it one foot inside, where other videos show police opening the doors for folks. They did not use mace on anyone.
Different people in different places got different treatment.

They did shoot one woman, who was unarmed.
A woman who was in the process of criminal trespass. You don't believe in self-defense?

Btw there is no way to statically show the amount of animosity a faction of a party has for the other party
Those social scientists who conducted the poll I linked earlier sure must feel silly now that you've said what they did is beyond human achievement. Here is the poll again that formed the statistical basis for the conclusions I said I had seen reported.

Those social scientists who conducted the poll I linked earlier sure must feel silly now that you've said what they did is beyond human achievement.
What they did is well within human achievement, it just didn't amount to statistically showing the amount of animosity a faction of a party has for the other party.

This article is free. This guy writes for the Claremont Institute, a major think tank for the right wing. If you don’t think the right desires a civil war, then please read this article.

Let’s be blunt. The United States has become two nations occupying the same country. When pressed, or in private, many would now agree. Fewer are willing to take the next step and accept that most people living in the United States today—certainly more than half—are not Americans in any meaningful sense of the term.

I don’t just mean the millions of illegal immigrants. Obviously, those foreigners who have bypassed the regular process for entering our country, and probably will never assimilate to our language and culture, are—politically as well as legally—aliens. I’m really referring to the many native-born people—some of whose families have been here since the Mayflower—who may technically be citizens of the United States but are no longer (if they ever were) Americans. They do not believe in, live by, or even like the principles, traditions, and ideals that until recently defined America as a nation and as a people. It is not obvious what we should call these citizen-aliens, these non-American Americans; but they are something else.

Practically speaking, there is almost nothing left to conserve. What is actually required now is a recovery, or even a refounding, of America as it was long and originally understood but which now exists only in the hearts and minds of a minority of citizens.
If you are a zombie or a human rodent who wants a shadow-life of timid conformity, then put away this essay and go memorize the poetry of Amanda Gorman…. The U.S. Constitution no longer works

Finally:

In the meantime, give up on the idea that “conservatives” have anything useful to say. Accept the fact that what we need is a counter-revolution. Learn some useful skills, stay healthy, and get strong. (One of my favorite weightlifting coaches likes to say, “Strong people are harder to kill, and more useful generally.”)

Different people in different places got different treatment.

A woman who was in the process of criminal trespass. You don't believe in self-defense?
Ashli Babbit would most likely still be alive today if she hadn’t broken into the Capitol and threatened the lives of lawmakers by attempting to interfere with the certification of the election.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

It’s weird how the right is trying to make her a hero, their Horst Wessel. But such is the case when trying to start a civil war.

Those social scientists who conducted the poll I linked earlier sure must feel silly now that you've said what they did is beyond human achievement. Here is the poll again that formed the statistical basis for the conclusions I said I had seen reported.

So you think that:
A. 850 college students is a good sample size for however many people are in a political party? (Like 100 million or something like that). Pretty stupid.
B. You think that people cant lie when polled? Pretty stupid. Are they hooked up to lie detectors while being questioned.
C. You think that not wanting to date someone equals animosity. I dont want to/wouldnt date a smoker but that doesnt mean i have animosity towards smokers.
D. You think that polls are never bias.
E. You think that polls are always accurate and therefore Hillary clinton was the president from 2016 to 2020.

She said....... OK, she had a reddened face. But being "pushed out" from one foot inside sounds like she was easily handled. Maybe she got some mace when it was used on someone else near her. She's a pushover. I don't believe her at all. The microphone and picture context betray the fact that she was not "real" as one of the protestors. It was a set-up interview. Anyone with an axe to grind can do that kind of fake media. Like I said, she doesn't present the right set of ideas or issues, and uses language, and mannerisms unlike the sort of people who would go to a Trump rally. Where is the MAGA hat, where is the light jacket or sweater? Really, is this January in DC? Not falling like a dupe for a scam is not "Missing the obvious all over the place".

They opened the doors to let her in from the side of the building, I believe. She was unarmed, had nothing in her hands. There was a door in the hall that was being held shut by officers, with a broken window on the side, as I recall from the video footage. There was a policeman behind her, and one in front. I think she was nuts being there, or thinking there was something for her to do there. She could have been maced or tased, or the officers could simply have seized her and put handcuffs on her, This was not a jusrtifiable shooting. The officers involved should be arrested and charged like other police who do unjustified shootings.

Her mental illness and inability to pose significant danger to others is compelling reason to use restraint.

She said....... OK, she had a reddened face. Different people in different places got different treatment. But being "pushed out" from one foot inside sounds like she was easily handled. Maybe she got some mace when it was used on someone else near her. She's a pushover. I don't believe her at all. The microphone and picture context betray the fact that she was not "real" as one of the protestors. It was a set-up interview. Anyone with an axe to grind can do that kind of fake media. Like I said, she doesn't present the right set of ideas or issues, and uses language, and mannerisms unlike the sort of people who would go to a Trump rally. Where is the MAGA hat, where is the light jacket or sweater? Really, is this January in DC? Not falling like a dupe for a scam is not "Missing the obvious all over the place".

They opened the doors to let her in from the side of the building, I believe. She was unarmed, had nothing in her hands. There was a door in the hall that was being held shut by officers, with a broken window on the side, as I recall from the video footage. There was a policeman behind her, and one in front. I think she was nuts being there, or thinking there was something for her to do there. She could have been maced or tased, or the officers could simply have seized her and put handcuffs on her, This was not a jusrtifiable shooting. The officers involved should be arrested and charged like other police who do unjustified shootings.

Her mental illness and inability to pose significant danger to others is compelling reason to use restraint.
You're just making things up to suit your preferred narrative. Very convenient to live in a fantasy world of your own making.

I can't wait to hear about how a theory discussed primarily by minority professors can create any sort of overage over people like you.
If you believe this is a "minority" professorial theory, why is it being taught in colleges that train teachers, and why is the material being worked into school curricula.

You have been pushing associated ideas in here yourself. Don't pretend you don't think it's the next step in political strategy.

I might not be a typical susceptible dupe for such crap, but most people are. Authority is something you just don't bother to argue with. If a teacher says it, you pretend to listen. If you speak, you take the context of that teaching as the foundation of your remark. That's how civil society works. Crap rises. Anything that requires actually "critical" thinking just sinks. No one but the nerds will swim in it if it takes much effort.

I'm lazy. I hate having to shovel the crap.

You're just making things up to suit your preferred narrative. Very convenient to live in a fantasy world of your own making.

IN this case I think you're right. I'm making **** up just like you guys generally do.

No, seriously, I went back and looked at the clip again. She is wearing a coat, whiich I mistook for a light designer dress. People in the background are wearing jackets. It does look like the Capitol scene on Jan 6.

So "Elizabeth from Knoxville TN" could still be a fake news clip. What do we know about the source of this clip? When was it put out? What do we know about her now? Was she arrensted like others. Here is someone on video stating her purpose to overthrow the government. Is she in jail now?

I think she is at least an ignoramus, a moron, and clueless about Trump or the ideas generally in fashion in Trump supporters. Seriously.

Still could be a fake news bit. Still could be a mental case.

Does not represent very many conservative wannabees.

Not proof of your general thesis.

So you think that:
A. 850 college students is a good sample size for however many people are in a political party? (Like 100 million or something like that). Pretty stupid.
B. You think that people cant lie when polled? Pretty stupid. Are they hooked up to lie detectors while being questioned.
C. You think that not wanting to date someone equals animosity. I dont want to/wouldnt date a smoker but that doesnt mean i have animosity towards smokers.
D. You think that polls are never bias.
E. You think that polls are always accurate and therefore Hillary clinton was the president from 2016 to 2020.

This is pretty desperate denialism. Nobody believes polls can't be biased or that sample size/method can't give way off results. The questions asked, the tone..... all deflectr peoples responses in some manner.

The poll was offered for what it is, for whatever it's worth.

Practice being reasonable. Say something like..... "Interesting. But I'm still not convinced." And say whatever else you want, but you're not a good informed person on statistics, polling methodology. If I were doing your bit here to disbelieve a poll that said Biden is immensely popular, effective, magnanimous and a real uniter of the American public and that he will be re-elected in a landslide, I'm pretty sure I'd get a lot of likes from the crew, but you could argue the same issues about the poll if you wanted, and throw in the bit about me being no expert.

It’s pretty obvious that most of the hate AOC gets from the right is exactly because of this. Many are just angry that she’s hot as hell and they have no shot at her.

It’s interesting to consider that a great deal of anger from the right is caused by sexual frustration. I read a book not too long ago that tied a great deal of right wing authoritarianism in europe to sexual frustrations of young men. When you look at the demographics of those at Jan 6, you can definitely see a pattern. Rural, conservative, and evangelical communities have yet to figure out how to deal with sex and sex education in a healthy manner.

It’s pretty obvious that most of the hate AOC gets from the right is exactly because of this. Many are just angry that she’s hot as hell and they have no shot at her.

It’s interesting to consider that a great deal of anger from the right is caused by sexual frustration. I read a book not too long ago that tied a great deal of right wing authoritarianism in europe to sexual frustrations of young men. When you look at the demographics of those at Jan 6, you can definitely see a pattern. Rural, conservative, and evangelical communities have yet to figure out how to deal with sex and sex education in a healthy manner.

While I personally hate sandals and find them gross and unattractive, I realize that's my issue. People wear sandals.

If you believe this is a "minority" professorial theory, why is it being taught in colleges that train teachers, and why is the material being worked into school curricula.
CRT is not being taught to undergraduate teachers, nor is it being worked in any curricula below the post-graduate level.

You have been pushing associated ideas in here yourself.
Which ideas have I pushed that are specifically central to CRT, as opposed to other social theories about race and oppression? When you find it impossible to name any, will you acknowledge as much?