What's new

Wade “seriously concerned” about Mitchell’s desire to be in Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the story is probably conjecture at best and BS at worst, this is part of the new reality - a max/franchise player can hold a small market team hostage whenever they want. Regardless of the size and length of his contract.

Do I think Donovan goes full out AD in NOP? Probably not.

Is it possible? Definitely.

And as long as it's possible stories like this will pop-up here and there - sucks but it's the way it is now.

Give me Luka for DM, at least I get some defense and not political grandstanding.

Seriously, I bet he even had the nerve to vote for a VP whos grandparents were slave traders in Jamaica. I'm white, I have frustrations too, I just don't blame everyone else for my problems.
View attachment 10873

What? Harris's grandparents were slave traders? What are you smoking? Is that what Trump said? Of course, he's a total idiot, apparently like yourself. The British Empire outlawed the slave trade in 1807. Sometimes I think white supremacists are subhuman.

What? Harris's grandparents were slave traders? What are you smoking? Is that what Trump said? Of course, he's a total idiot, apparently like yourself. The British Empire outlawed the slave trade in 1807. Sometimes I think white supremacists are subhuman.
My bad, her great grandma was a plantation owner who founded Browns Town, Jamaica.

Any race supremacist is sub human, not just white...What is it with you people?

Give me Luka for DM, at least I get some defense and not political grandstanding.

Seriously, I bet he even had the nerve to vote for a VP whos grandparents were slave traders in Jamaica. I'm white, I have frustrations too, I just don't blame everyone else for my problems.
View attachment 10873

lol at you thinking the Mavs would trade him.

Please show me where Mitchell blames everyone else for his problems.

I feel like I’m somewhere In the middle on Mitchell. It does seem like he is setting up a narrative and he acts pretty disgusted with Utah a bit too much.
I don’t understand how a kid who’s dad worked for the Mets, attended a private high school that probably costs $50k a year in tuition, and got a free college tuition is gonna lecture the rest of the world about privilege?
It’s just what the sports world has become I guess… a disgusting display of hypocrisy originated by LeBron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone give me some actual concrete examples of Mitchell trying to “create a narrative?” Or even expressing dissatisfaction with Utah or the Jazz?

Is it just cause he stopped crashing pool parties since COVID?

Sort of feels like people on JazzFanz are just making assumptions to fit a narrative.

That said, it would not surprise me at all to hear that the dumb MAGA idiots reacting poorly to his advocacy soured him on Utah. I wouldn’t want to play for a fan base filled with racist MAGA idiots either, FWIW.

Don't we have 2 threads on this stupid topic now? Can we just kill this one?

Can someone give me some actual concrete examples of Mitchell trying to “create a narrative?” Or even expressing dissatisfaction with Utah or the Jazz?

Is it just cause he stopped crashing pool parties since COVID?
In the past year what have you heard him say positive about Utah, the fanbase, or the organization? Do tell. He likes negative things about the state, never positive. Every reaction over the past year he has on Twitter is something negative and furthering the “it’s really racist here” spotlight. So most everything? Show me what he’s done to put water on the reported dissatisfaction.

lol at you thinking the Mavs would trade him.
For DM and some filler, i'm sure there's a shot. Might as well strike while the irons hot, dont pull a DL and set the franchise back another 10 years by not getting any value.
Please show me where Mitchell blames everyone else for his problems.
You're the one who said "If I was a black man who's endured these frustrations"

What frustrations?

That said, it would not surprise me at all to hear that the dumb MAGA idiots reacting poorly to his advocacy soured him on Utah. I wouldn’t want to play for a fan base filled with racist MAGA idiots either, FWIW.
We wouldn't want to upset the board Marxists now would we. Welcome to America, where my first amendment right, isn't infringed by your thought process.

Yes because we all know that Utah was the birth place of racism in America. Part of the stigma has more to do with the major religion in the state and their past racist doctrine. Racism is everywhere not just Utah but the media makes it sound like it is. The other issue for black athletes is there is little to none black community in Utah. It is about 94 percent white. I think that has a lot to do with it too. Lastly, SLC has gotten better but in the past it wasn't know as a night club type town so that also adds to the reason why black athletes don't have Utah as a travel destination.
As you can guess from my screen name, I've worked on political campaigns for years. I've campaigned in literally half of the counties in Utah, knocking on thousands of doors, having thousands more conversations with random folks when you include events and phone calls. There's a racist stigma because a hell of a lot of Utahns *are actually racist.* (Regardless of political party, btw.) I've heard some truly offensive stuff all over this **** hole of a state. I've heard even worse things second hand from the BIPOC and LGBTQ+ folks I've campaigned with. I'm a blue eyed blonde haired white guy, and I think the rest of the state thinks I'm a safe person to say that trash to since I look the way I do.

Now I know you're going to go "well not all Utahns" and "and Utah isn't the only racist state" and yeah, obviously. I wouldn't even say the majority of Utahns are racist. But there's enough to be a problem. Thinking otherwise is just denial or ignorance.

Last edited:
We wouldn't want to upset the board Marxists now would we. Welcome to America, where my first amendment right, isn't infringed by your thought process.
You realize the first amendment doesn't shield you from criticism, right? You can say whatever you want, but people can say whatever they want back. I feel like the "but muh freeze peach" people always forget that part.

Absolutely. Welcome to America, where Marxism will NEVER take hold.
Yeah, because there aren't many Marxists. Even the Marxists know that. I mean unless you think Joe Biden is a communist, which apparently some do now. That's the american public school system for ya.

And I'm sure you're going to say "the Democrats are full of Marxists"-trust me, the Marxists I know hate liberals and Democrats waaaaaaaaay more than conservatives do.

Also, heck of a strawman there, chief.

I feel like I’m somewhere In the middle on Mitchell. It does seem like he is setting up a narrative and he acts pretty disgusted with Utah a bit too much.
I don’t understand how a kid who’s dad worked for the Mets, attended a private high school that probably costs $50k a year in tuition, and got a free college tuition is gonna lecture the rest of the world about privilege?
It’s just what the sports world has become I guess… a disgusting display of hypocrisy originated by LeBron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind at all if successful black athletes want to speak out on social issues. Players have every right to express themselves. However, these issues are more complex than a superficial "We hate whiteness" narrative addresses. If venting frustration and anger in the streets is part of the process, I can understand this at some level, but a social movement needs to have a more clear goal and direction than this. Meanwhile, defunding police and increasing urban crime is taking an even greater toll on black communities.

I agree on Hughes. I'm honestly not sure Brantley is an NBA player.

I don't mind at all if successful black athletes want to speak out on social issues. Players have every right to express themselves. However, these issues are more complex than a superficial "We hate whiteness" narrative addresses. If venting frustration and anger in the streets is part of the process, I can understand this at some level, but a social movement needs to have a more clear goal and direction than this. Meanwhile, defunding police and increasing urban crime is taking an even greater toll on black communities.
…there are clear policy goals. Lots of them. They’re not hard to find. You can find them with like ten minutes of googling. 8 Can’t Wait is a quick bullet list of really basic ones. I could list a dozen policy goals without trying, and would, but this thread is already veering way too far away from Jazz related.

As you can guess from my screen name, I've worked on political campaigns for years. I've campaigned in literally half of the counties in Utah, knocking on thousands of doors, having thousands more conversations with random folks when you include events and phone calls. There's a racist stigma because a hell of a lot of Utahns *are actually racist.* (Regardless of political party, btw.) I've heard some truly offensive stuff all over this **** hole of a state. I've heard even worse things second hand from the BIPOC and LGBTQ+ folks I've campaigned with. I'm a blue eyed blonde haired white guy, and I think the rest of the state thinks I'm a safe person to say that trash to since I look the way I do.

Now I know you're going to go "well not all Utahns" and "and Utah isn't the only racist state" and yeah, obviously. I wouldn't even say the majority of Utahns are racist. But there's enough to be a problem. Thinking otherwise is just denial or ignorance.
I'm pretty sure the bylaws here are that you are not allowed to call anyone racist if you don't also clearly identify them as a republican or conservative. TYVFM

I'm pretty sure the bylaws here are that you are not allowed to call anyone racist if you don't also clearly identify them as a republican or conservative. TYVFM
Trumpists really. Donald Trump completely co-opted the Republican party and its platform. The platform is now Donald Trump worship and whining about everything. That’s it.

I am a center-leftist, and people who still identify as Republican after the last four years deserve every ounce of **** they get.

…there are clear policy goals. Lots of them. They’re not hard to find. You can find them with like ten minutes of googling. 8 Can’t Wait is a quick bullet list of really basic ones. I could list a dozen policy goals without trying, and would, but this thread is already veering way too far away from Jazz related.

I can generally agree with these (https://8cantwait.org/), though I haven't seen them in depth. It's frustrating to watch police pull their sidearm as a first response. Not only that, they normally fire at the suspect without giving a warning shot, and some just reflexively blast away until they've emptied their clip. They're obviously shooting to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.