What's new

Wade Baldwin

RandyForRubio

It appears as if 'the next George Hill' is about to get waived.

Should we get in on this? Would be a better 2-way contract than Wolters. He's definitely struggled more than I expected, but he is the type of player that Snyder and DL seem to like.

And yes Cy, I was wrong about Baldwin.

He wasn't "the next George Hill". He was Wade "the floor is George Hill" Baldwin. His lack of wiggle and any sort of creation always put me off and I wasn't high on him, but damn... This is bad. I wonder what happened to his shooting and defense. He should at the very least have been an OK 3 and D combo.

He wasn't "the next George Hill". He was Wade "tne floor is George Hill" Baldwin. His lack of wiggle and any sort of creation always put me off and I wasn't high on him, but damn... This is bad. I wonder what happened to his shooting and defense. He should at the very least have been an OK 3 and D combo.

Memphis kinda sucks at player development.

I really wish we had an open roster spot. He's been bad but it's pretty early to give up on him:

I would have thought they could have traded him. Maybe someone picks him up and carries his salary for them but no one wanted this guy... looking at the bulls and pacers... no one?

It appears as if 'the next George Hill' is about to get waived.

Should we get in on this? Would be a better 2-way contract than Wolters. He's definitely struggled more than I expected, but he is the type of player that Snyder and DL seem to like.

And yes Cy, I was wrong about Baldwin.

I was also wrong. But someone else should give this dude a shot.

They kept Harrison over him... what the eff... all these short term moves going to kill these guys.

Or Baldwin just blows. It's not like any Memphis pick has left Memphis and become a good player. They might just be terrible at drafting.

sure... I was speaking more to the short term moves like trading draft picks for cap relief and then signing Chandler Parsons.

They are in salary cap hell and the cupboards are bare. I keep Baldwin and release Harrison... maybe a team takes a flier or Baldwin like they did with Cam Payne (who also sucks) and they can get value. Now they have announced, or it was leaked, that he is gone... they'd be lucky to get a second rounder.

I've always liked Baldwin and I still think he can be at least a good back-up. It's amazing that Memphis is giving up on a first rounder just one year and 400 minutes played into his career.