What's new

Walker Kessler Hype & Appreciation Thread

My man. We're literally playing 4 on 5 when he's on the floor. The fact that he sometimes scores on open dunks doesn't change that.

You're exaggerating. He has nice put backs, and he's been going up stronger and getting to the line more lately. Also, even if he's a liability offensively, which I don't think he is, it doesn't make him one dimensional. Defense is half of the game. You can say he's a role player. And every team needs role players in major roles.

I want an ANGRY Kessler playing. I want him playing with more power on offense and less finesse. AND he HAS to focus on his FTs. I can't imagine he isn't shooting at least a 100 FTs/day during the season to improve. He has good form. I just don't understand how he can miss 50%.

I want an ANGRY Kessler playing. I want him playing with more power on offense and less finesse. AND he HAS to focus on his FTs. I can't imagine he isn't shooting at least a 100 FTs/day during the season to improve. He has good form. I just don't understand how he can miss 50%.
We need to put him in reverse anger management and make him get some tats. He needs some edge.

Not only is Kessler an amazing rim protector, but the team struggles rebounding when Collins is playing small ball center. It's usually hard to watch unless he's hot.

I dont know if this was mentioned somewhere earlier... but Kessler is in the initial 41 player pool list for the 2024 Olympic Team. Noticeable snubs include Draymond, Grant, Lavine and Middleton who were all part of the 2021 team that won gold in Tokyo.

His form is just ok, but confidence is a big part of shooting. He needs to work with Horny. Or maybe try granny. I think that would be awesome. As a coach, I'd pull any player shooting 3s that can't hit FTs. I'm guessing he put work on that a bit in the summer outside of usa ball, when he should have been working on fts and paint moves. He clearly has decent hands and some finesse. No reason he can't develop a decent post game.

His form is just ok, but confidence is a big part of shooting. He needs to work with Horny. Or maybe try granny. I think that would be awesome. As a coach, I'd pull any player shooting 3s that can't hit FTs. I'm guessing he put work on that a bit in the summer outside of usa ball, when he should have been working on fts and paint moves. He clearly has decent hands and some finesse. No reason he can't develop a decent post game.
On the contrary, IMO his technique is the biggest problem (although we all know he does have confidence issues). For one thing, his release point is absurdly high. He doesn't get any rhythm into his FT's.

His shots look like they're always lined up pretty well, but he's either leaving them way short or trying to dent the back iron. It's almost like he's quessing. Essentially, Walker shoots free throws like a guy who's never taken a jump shot in his life.

On the contrary, IMO his technique is the biggest problem (although we all know he does have confidence issues). For one thing, his release point is absurdly high. He doesn't get any rhythm into his FT's.

His shots look like they're always lined up pretty well, but he's either leaving them way short or trying to dent the back iron. It's almost like he's quessing. Essentially, Walker shoots free throws like a guy who's never taken a jump shot in his life.
His arc changes a lot shot to shot.

Walter is down this year. All date are worst then first year except block. He is a great defender but need to regain confidence in shooting. He is young, second year is always tough so i'm confident he can do it. But on my opinion he will always remain a lower version of Rudy. Not because he is less talented because he is much more but because of amount or work he put in.
He is too soft where Rudy work like hell to become what he is because he perfectly know he got less talent than many others. Time will tell.

Walter is down this year. All date are worst then first year except block. He is a great defender but need to regain confidence in shooting.
He got his open dunks handed to him on a silver platter last season because defenses didn't give a crap about him. Walker has never been able to score against any type of physical defense. From the stripe he was just as bad last year.

He got his open dunks handed to him on a silver platter last season because defenses didn't give a crap about him. Walker has never been able to score against any type of physical defense. From the stripe he was just as bad last year.
Yes i agree. Thats what i say second year is always more difficult because opponent know your game and adjust. I just think oveall Walter miss the fighting spirit Rudy have.

Yep, last season defenses didn't give a crap about him. This year the defenses realized how great he is offensively and are now gameplannning to stop kessler from having those huge scoring outbursts he was having last season.

Yep, last season defenses didn't give a crap about him. This year the defenses realized how great he is offensively and are now gameplannning to stop kessler from having those huge scoring outbursts he was having last season.
That's not it

He just doesn't have an elite PNR PG anymore. That's what he has to have to be useful on offense.