What's new

Walker Kessler Thoughts?

I hate these types of stats…

He had a great debut doe!
It's a stat that holds credibility. Double double, no missed shots. It's rather impressive, especially being he's the first player EVER to debut with a double double on perfect FG %.

It's not like one of those random "he's the first player ever to shoot over 60% from the floor with 10 rebounds and 2 assists."

Last edited:
Could Kessler get ROY? I think he will be in the conversation. Anyway, when we play teams with a good defense (active, athletic, long) we will get crushed. Minnesota will humble Kessler and the team this Friday.

It's a stat that holds credibility. Double double, no missed shots. It's rather impressive, especially being he's the first player EVER to debut with a double double on perfect FG %.

It's not like one of those random "he's the first player ever to shoot over 60% from the floor with 10 rebounds and 2 assists."
Nah... its absolutely a baseball bull **** stat. When you cut the sample down to rookie debuts and then add guys that scored double figures on 100% shooting then it narrows the sample size. I'm fine with them saying it or whatever but when you make it out to be a "historic" performance... you lose me.

Its our weird fascination with round numbers. He had a great game... but is it any better/worse if he had 14 pts and went 6/7 from the field while getting a paltry 9 rebounds.

I think he is awesome but its stuff like these weird qualifiers leads people to think Donovan is the same in the post season as Michael ****ing Jordan.

Kessler has really impressed me with a few things:
- He looks like a damned vet out there. He just knows where to be and how to play. He is also so effing calm.
- His hands are awesome. He is catching things cleanly and in traffic.
- He moves well for his size. He isn't gonna be some athletic dynamo but he moves really well. Not a stiff at all.
- He plays really hard.
- His finishing around the basket is smooth and mature.

Anyway... he starts by end of season if healthy. He's just good at basketball.

Could Kessler get ROY? I think he will be in the conversation. Anyway, when we play teams with a good defense (active, athletic, long) we will get crushed. Minnesota will humble Kessler and the team this Friday.
He can make an all rookie team. No shot at ROY... none. Paolo took the early lead last night. Mathurin/Ivey both with strong debuts as well.

Basically it is Banchero's to lose. If he gets hurt and Ivey and Mathurin suck... there is still Keegan Murray... its a strong rookie class. 1st team all rookie is possible and would be the ****.

Anyone notice that whenever we draft a center they are garbage, but when the center is drafted by another team it’s gold!!
Look... Connely traded us the Rudy and Donovan picks in Denver... then he went to Minny and we got 4 firsts and Walker Kessler (as kind of a throw in I'd guess). Basically we have a dynasty coming.