What's new

Wall Street Journal - any delivery subscribers?

leftyjace

So when I was in Grad school (EMBA program at the U), I had a subscription to the WSJ included with my program enrollment. I got both the paper and digital versions of the WSJ.

So on December 20th I decided to give myself a subscription to the WSJ again for a Christmas present. I subscribed to both the digital and paper versions, as my mom, son, and girlfriend all are interested in reading it as well and the paper version can be disseminated amongst them where appropriate.

Here it is, January 4th, and.... I still have not received a paper copy. I've complained incessantly, and have multiple people at the WSJ and their local delivery company here in the Salt Lake area involved, but for some strange reason, the paper copy simply does not make it to my house.

Is anyone else subscribing to the WSJ and getting a paper copy?
Have you had delivery issues?
Was it like this when you first started getting delivery?

I realize the responses to this may be minimal, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

My minimal response is that I hope you get it resolved quickly. :cool:

So when I was in Grad school (EMBA program at the U), I had a subscription to the WSJ included with my program enrollment. I got both the paper and digital versions of the WSJ.

So on December 20th I decided to give myself a subscription to the WSJ again for a Christmas present. I subscribed to both the digital and paper versions, as my mom, son, and girlfriend all are interested in reading it as well and the paper version can be disseminated amongst them where appropriate.

Here it is, January 4th, and.... I still have not received a paper copy. I've complained incessantly, and have multiple people at the WSJ and their local delivery company here in the Salt Lake area involved, but for some strange reason, the paper copy simply does not make it to my house.

Is anyone else subscribing to the WSJ and getting a paper copy?
Have you had delivery issues?
Was it like this when you first started getting delivery?

I realize the responses to this may be minimal, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Same issue. Had some Delta Skymiles to spend and decided to use them on WSJ about a month or so ago. I haven't but I should call them and get it sorted out. So annoying.

They totally suck.

Been escalated 2-3 times.

Still no paper.

Aggravating.

You'd think the WSJ would be MORE concerned with delivery than DNews or Trib.

Been getting it delivered to my front door for years. No problems. My delivery guy (I think this is my 3rd in 15 years) is great. Maybe you need to move to Chicago!

Still. No. Paper.

I wonder if anyone has ever reported the WSJ to the Better Business Bureau? I'm thinking about it.

Still. No. Paper.

I wonder if anyone has ever reported the WSJ to the Better Business Bureau? I'm thinking about it.

1) Have you paid anything yet?
2) Have you considered that a neighbor could be stealing it?

Still. No. Paper.

Do you get any other paper delivered regularly? And not that a neighbor might be stealing yours, but have you checked with any neighbors about their own newspaper deliveries?

I get the Chicago Tribune delivered 4 days a week - it's the same delivery person for both papers. I'm wondering if that would some similar to what happens in your area?

Yep, paid. Have access to digital version of WSJ already.

No other papers.

No neighbors stealing. It's confirmed, the guy hasn't been delivering it. Apparently they've had major problems with this distributor, and they "relieved him " today. They're giving the route to a more experienced distributor and they anticipate the issue will be resolved shortly.

Wow. Days of our WSJ.

Well, for those that care, I got my first copy of the WSJ delivered yesterday.
Apparently the SL Trib is the distributor for it.
After I threatened to go to the BBB, they finally called me and discovered that it wasn't a "late delivery" issue like the local distributor was telling them it was, but rather it was a "no delivery" issue.
No wonder people don't subscribe to actual paper delivery anymore.

in our community, there's pretty much one delivery service for most of the daily papers (primarily the Chicago Tribune, the Wall Street Journal and the NY Times) - and it amazes me how the delivery person is able to keep straight who gets which papers on what days, but my own experience has been that they do a very good job.

Anyhow, I'm glad you finally got your WSJ, hopefully there won't be any more problems with your daily delivery