What's new

Warriors and Jazz Mega Trade

Better to save that 24mil for the FA class of 2014 which includes a lot of studs than pissing it away this season on vets that will only take up minutes from our youth development. We also will be able to make a move @ the trade deadline as well

^^^This!

Ty Corbin comes from the Sloane school of thought... These new "veterans" will start a good portion of the season. Remember Keith McLeod started over D Will the first season.... Deron never forgot that.

difference though is that in the past we actually wanted the vets we brought in

no one wants biedrins/jefferson

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 1m
Another shoe drops: Utah will indeed have to renounce its rights to Paul Millsap to make deal with Golden State, per source.

2 down (Al and Sap), one to go (Ty, but that will take years).

I like the fact that none of these guys are likely to take much PT from the youngsters. And we needed some extra bodies, right?

You can buy late picks for a lot less than $24 million. Outside of getting a young player out of this deal, I think the Jazz could have done better if they waited it out. Let Iggy shop around and wait for them to get desperate enough to deal Barnes instead of one of the picks. Buy a late pick if you really want it. I know the 2014 draft is stacked at the top, but I don't think that the trade today helps the Jazz get up into the top 5. I'd have rather had Barnes than Rush and the two picks. But that's me.

Anyone feel like compiling a list of the biggest expiring contracts this year?

Will rep.

#dat52doe

goes something like this

kobe 30m
carmelo 22m
dirk 22m
amar'e 21m
gasol 20m
lbj 20m
bosh 19m
wade 19m
zbo 17m
rudy 17m
pierce 16m
okafor 15m
bogut 14m
granger 14m
ben gordon 13m
tony parker 12m

Also this:

Adrian Wojnarowski: Beyond the two first-rounders to the Jazz, Golden State has included future second-round picks in deal too, sources tell Y! Sports

Lindsey for FO of the year. Man is a genius.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 1m
Another shoe drops: Utah will indeed have to renounce its rights to Paul Millsap to make deal with Golden State, per source.

This is why you should like this deal. We don't re-sign Paul, as much as I like him, ----> youth movement, period.

The more I look at this deal the more I like it. All 3 salaries come off the books at the end of this year, 2 first round picks (2014 and 2017) and it makes us worse and thereby increases our own draft pick in 2014. 2014 is a loaded draft. It guarantees no new bigs and we didn't send McNeal and create a PG opening. The youth have the team now.

All this for a guy that we didn't want anyways. I think Lindsey hit another homer.

And we just made GSW elite for the next 4 years.

Worst trade since magic johnson. People its not what the jazz gave up, its the lost opportunities. Mark my words there will be teams at the traDe deadline so desperate to get under the cap they will be throwing away good players and picks. Jazz made a panic move.