What's new

Warriors and Jazz Mega Trade

I don't know if it was pointed out before that this trade couldn't have taken place if GS Wurrios had not bought into the 26th pick then traded it a few times to end up with the 30th pick in teh first round. It didn't matter that it wasn't theirs, they got a pick in the first round which made it possible for them to trade next years 1st round pick. Remember the NBA rules won't allow a team to go two consecutive years without a pick, and if you didn't pick last year, a team can't trade its pick for the coming year.

On another note, if the Jazz had bought out Rodger Baal then the amount of money they used to buy him out could not have been used by the Jazz to buy into the draft to get Gobert. I had never heard of this NBA rule until this week, and I'm still looking for more details. But the basic thought is the NBA rules only allow a team to spend a limited amount each season on buying out contracts or buying assets (ie draft picks) or for 'cash considerations' in trades. I don't know how much the limit is, but GS may have used up all their allowed buying last season buying into the first round. But they can send cash back to the Jazz once the new fiscal season starts on July 10 and that is when the trade will be official.

Awkward for Kevin Murphy, waiting in Orlando for 5 days wondering what his future holds.
Serendipity. Didn't know that about buyouts. I guess that's why they pay Lindsey and KOC the big bucks and not me!

enes-kanter-posing.jpg

So the competition with Biedrins and Enes won't just be about playing time.

This picture (especially the glasses and boas) brings this song to my memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umAurdHLNzU

I think this trade just got so much better for the Jazz.

Carl Landry just left the wurrios and is signing with the Sac. Kings.

Jarrett Jack is leaving to sign with the Calves.

Then there is this....

Mike Prada @MikePradaSBN Really curious what Devin Harris gets in this market, by the way. I'd rather have him than Jack.

Adding Devin Harris would be perfect to go with Curry's ankles, Lee's hip, Igudola's knee & achilies, and Bogut's just about everything. With a little bit of luck, and some Karma the GS unprotected pick could be worth as much as the Jazz's own pick.

I'm excited !!!

harris would be a good add

i actually think he helped us a lot more than mo did

i think us losing harris and adding mo is what made us miss playoffs

We would also have another 8 million in cap space this year if we would have kept Harris.

Indeed - could have fetched us another pick. Although had we not had Marvin last year and Hayward played as much as Paul George instead of giving starting spot and minutes to useless scrub Marvin, we could have made play-offs and lose a shot at Burke. So, all in all, I must say with the recent deals Lindsey made we recovered nicely from this KOC blunder, especially considering Williams is injured and will not take any more time away from more talented and capable youngsters.

Losing Landry and Jack hurts GSW a lot. More is going to be depending on Curry (who admittedly only misses a few games per year) and Iggy. This is going to be fun to watch. I don't wish any injuries on anybody (goes against my creed), but Golden State needs to be be mindful of their players' conditions.

That 2014 just got a lot more valuable with both Landry AND Jack gone. No way they're as good as last year, no way.

Just browsed the Warriors board and they feel confident that Iggy can handle the point should anything happen with Curry. Just WOW! You try that and let us know how that turns out for you. We better grab Tinsley just to keep him from Golden State.

I like that the Jazz got 2014 and 2017 1st's for two main reasons:
1) As has been mentioned by people who know much, much more about upcoming players than I do, these are potentially the two best upcoming drafts. We get the picks no matter what GST's record is those years.
2) I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but because of the rule that prevents trading away consecutive 1st round picks, GST can't trade another 1st this year unless it is a 2019 or 2020 1st (provided they don't acquire someone else's). This can limit GST's options when doing trades. This is pretty subtle, I think and I give more props to Lindsey for doing the trade that way.

went threw the posts and cant find my answer can some body tell me how many second round picks the jazz got in this deal? I hear several. thanks have a nice day.

It's been reported to be two future 2nd round picks, but the years that they get them haven't been announced (that I've seen at least.)

It's been reported to be two future 2nd round picks, but the years that they get them haven't been announced (that I've seen at least.)

That is correct. I've heard the 2nd rounders are '14 and '17, as well... but not confirmed.

Anyone find a good B. Rush highlight reel? Also any reports on where he is in his recovery or if he will ever be the same as he was before?