What's new

Was playing Olynyk and Kessler together down the stretch a sneaky-tank move?

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
Anyone else noticed this with like 3-4 minutes left in the 4th quarter against the Heat?

I mean you’d normally go small down the stretch right?

I think FO is getting a clear picture how to move forward, who they want to keep/sell. Sneaky tank move sounds about right

I think people are reading way too much into what the front office is or isn't trying to do. I don't think this was a 'tank' move as you put it; more a head scratching move by a head coach who looks brilliant one game to what the hell is going on, the next game. We have the talent imo to sneak into the playoffs but if it doesn't happen, quite sure in the offseason we will keep on building pieces and give it a better shot next season.

Also, and apologize if I missed an introduction thread, but this is my first post here and just wanted to say: Born and raised in North Carolina and have been a Jazz fan since 1998. Became a fan due to kind of an odd reason haha: I was about to begin middle school and realized I had literally no shorts for gym so my mom took me to a local thrift store. Began to look for some and lo and behold someone had donated two pairs of Jazz shorts(How they got to a store in NC is anyone's guess). Not really a NBA fan too much at that point tbh, just thought they looked cool so had her buy them for me. Fast forward a couple weeks later when me and my dad were going through the channels and stopped on a Jazz game(We were playing the Sonics) and I said hey there's my shorts lol. Really got into the game and the players(Loved Stockton and Malone of course but favorite was Ostertag for awhile after that) and have been watching ever since.

Sorry for the long post haha, glad to be here and hopefully someone get's my avatar/username and what its from!

I think people are reading way too much into what the front office is or isn't trying to do. I don't think this was a 'tank' move as you put it; more a head scratching move by a head coach who looks brilliant one game to what the hell is going on, the next game. We have the talent imo to sneak into the playoffs but if it doesn't happen, quite sure in the offseason we will keep on building pieces and give it a better shot next season.

Also, and apologize if I missed an introduction thread, but this is my first post here and just wanted to say: Born and raised in North Carolina and have been a Jazz fan since 1998. Became a fan due to kind of an odd reason haha: I was about to begin middle school and realized I had literally no shorts for gym so my mom took me to a local thrift store. Began to look for some and lo and behold someone had donated two pairs of Jazz shorts(How they got to a store in NC is anyone's guess). Not really a NBA fan too much at that point tbh, just thought they looked cool so had her buy them for me. Fast forward a couple weeks later when me and my dad were going through the channels and stopped on a Jazz game(We were playing the Sonics) and I said hey there's my shorts lol. Really got into the game and the players(Loved Stockton and Malone of course but favorite was Ostertag for awhile after that) and have been watching ever since.

Sorry for the long post haha, glad to be here and hopefully someone get's my avatar/username and what its from!
Spaceballs on the avatar, or course. Everyone should see that movie.

The shorts probably came from CarolinaJazz. Tried to tag him but his name didn’t come up. I’d also assume people probably wouldn’t want him summoned, anyway.

- the foul call that benched Conley after he gave us the lead and hardy refused to challenge it.
- not playing NAW when we badly needed his defense
-not resting Conley on a b2b
Yeah where was NAW? Wasn't he playing a lot be That Herro shot at the end that sealed their victory, NAW would have been the perfect defender.