What's new

Watches are a stupid fashion accessory

Why do where one when your phone already serves the purpose. Other than looking fashionable or rich, why?
I only wear a watch when I'm fishing

Why do where one when your phone already serves the purpose. Other than looking fashionable or rich, why?
More accessible than a phone much of the time. Don't have to actively hold it in your hand so you can do other things.

I think watches are cool but yes, they can get ridiculously expensive. You can wear a fashionable watch without trying to come off as extremely wealthy.

It's become one of those hobbies for rich people who have no interesting hobbies to flex on each other though, so that part of it is very annoying.

I like the idea of wearing a watch it speaks to an older sensibility, my dad always wore a watch, so did my grandfather, actually i might start wearing my dads. Also there are times when yeah it is more practical than your phone, your hands for example may be dirty and something is time sensitive.

There are a handful of times each week where I would prefer to look at a watch vs my phone to see the time. Not enough for me to actually want to go and buy a watch, but enough times that I understand why someone would want one.

I have been massaging wrists with watch tan lines only to find a complete lack of muscle density where the finger extender muscles should be.

This is the real reason I won’t wear a watch anymore.

I want an automatic watch, but I’m picky. It has to be just right for me. Just one to wear forever so I don’t have to change batteries. Something that can take bumping into things and resist the dings and scratches but still look good.

The new Iwatch has come a long way but I still like the idea of something automatic.

Wearing a watch consistently or tightly restricted the growth/action of the muscles that perform the act of extending one’s fingers from a closed hand position.

Compare one wrist to the other and you’ll find that there is significantly more muscle in the wrist without any watch/restraints

Wearing a watch consistently or tightly restricted the growth/action of the muscles that perform the act of extending one’s fingers from a closed hand position.

Compare one wrist to the other and you’ll find that there is significantly more muscle in the wrist without any watch/restraints
Idk mine seems about the same.

1695091941784.png

I wear a watch for a couple of reasons. I’ve found over time that if I pull out my phone to check the time or look at the calendar or respond to a text or whatever, I end up staying on my phone waaay too long. I can do those things on my watch and not get lost on my phone.