What's new

Watching Jazz Games Locally Without Cable

Tom Pitt

Let me begin by saying that @ATTSportsNetRM sucks and it's so stupid that the Jazz are literally like the last team in the league that doesn't have a local streaming option because these douche bag clowns who have the Jazz tv rights suck at their jobs.

With that said, I can't afford cable. But I really want to watch Jazz games. If I had cable I would use it just to watch Jazz games. that's it. $120 bucks a month Just to watch my favorite team play sports. It just seems ridiculous. $1,440 a year. 14,400 over 10 years. I could help pay for my kid's college education with all of that. Thanks a lot @ATTSportsNetRM, you trash whores. Thanks for having a monopoly on sucking and bad ideas.

Anyway, On a more positive note, I'm considering the changing my IP Address to watch the games on league pass. I do this through a website that charges a subscription fee? Is there one someone would recommend? Any risk involved?

Any other better options anyone can offer me?

I believe AT&T owns 3 or 4 regional sports networks, and they are the only ones with no streaming options for their NBA teams (this includes AT&T Sportsnet Rock Mountain which has a contract with the Jazz until 2021 I think). For whatever reason, AT&T has not made those networks available for streaming -- including on Directv Now which AT&T owns.
Fortunately, there have been articles in recent weeks indicating that AT&T is attempting to sell its regional sports networks in an effort to reduce debt. Interested buyers are rumored to include Sinclair and Comcast.
If a sale does occur then I think we'll see Jazz games show up on streaming services. And, in any case, I think that once the contract runs out in 2021 the Jazz will be free to join the modern world.
Personally, I'd like to see the NBA sell streaming access to individual games for a dollar.

FWIW found this on reddit

"NBA League Pass is the only “legal” way to watch the Jazz streams that I know of. You can do $120 for one team as an annual fee or $17.99 a month. If you are having issues because of local blackouts then you could get a good VPN to make you appear elsewhere in the country. I saw something recently about an international NBA league pass code for $20 and then you use a VPN, but that’s up to you if you want to do this."

There have been two or three threads on this subject in the past month. Most of your questions are addressed in them. Apparently people get international VPNs and purchase it from India.

Don't most markets offer it on local channels? Why can't the Jazz go back to KJZZ? Let's tweet at Gail Miller and tell her how much it is costing Utah families. Maybe she'll have a soft spot. It is supposed to be Larry's gift to the state of Utah, but families can't afford cable anymore and tickets aren't affordable for anymore either...

P.S. I cancelled Dish last month, I was only paying $60 a month, but I didn't have ESPN. If I would have threatened to cancel during the season I probably could have gotten it for $40. My plan of action is: 1. Pray whoever guys AT&T Sports offers a better streaming option 2. Checkout hehestream and league pass from India.

Get League Pass and a subscription to a good VPN. VPNs only cost around $10-12 month. That'll allow you to watch Jazz games from home in Utah. You don't need a VPN from India, just get VPN Express, or something like that. Some streaming services detect VPNs and don't let you stream (e.g., Nexflix and Hulu) even if connected to a US IP through the VPN, but I don't believe that's the case with League Pass.

Try living in Boise and streaming the games. Such a pain since Boise is still considered local. I have to watch Root Sports for the Jazz games. At the end of the season, a lot of times they show baseball games instead of Jazz games, which is just infuriating.