What's new

Watching The Jazz Is Scarier Than Watching Halloween

sojodave

Watching the Jazz with a lead scares me more than watching a Halloween movie. I am just certain that the other team will get on a run, and slaughter the Jazz like Michael Myers slaughters teenage girls in Haddenfield.

Maybe because I have "post traumatic syndrome" from watching Dirk Nowinski go on an unbelievable run last year against Memo, and Sloan doesn't call time out, doesn't switch defenses, and doesn't even change who is guarding him.

Any time a team start making a run on the Jazz, I get SCARRED. I was literally yelling at my TV yesterday during the forth quarter. TAKE GORDON HAYWARD OUT OF THE GAME!!! SLOAN, CALL TIME OUT!!!

I thought we did great last night at protecting our lead. We hit big shots when they made their runs. OKC is a good team, I knew they had a couple of runs in them. The important thing is to hit those big shots and keep our composure when the going gets tough. We showed a lot of maturity last night imo.

Any time a team start making a run on the Jazz, I get SCARRED. I was literally yelling at my TV yesterday during the forth quarter. TAKE GORDON HAYWARD OUT OF THE GAME!!! SLOAN, CALL TIME OUT!!!

Dude, are you crazy? Did you watch the game? Hayward could actually advance the ball with the half court press, unlike players like Watson, Bell, CJ (other than the play from one end of the court to the other with the finish). Hayward's box score wasn't great, but dude kept his composer, and he can dribble. He didn't turn it over (at least from what I remember) dribbling it past the press, even while being hacked most of the times. I wasn't a fan of drafting Hayward, but I am now. Dude is versatile.

Dude, are you crazy? Did you watch the game? Hayward could actually advance the ball with the half court press, unlike players like Watson, Bell, CJ (other than the play from one end of the court to the other with the finish). Hayward's box score wasn't great, but dude kept his composer, and he can dribble. He didn't turn it over (at least from what I remember) dribbling it past the press, even while being hacked most of the times. I wasn't a fan of drafting Hayward, but I am now. Dude is versatile.
His TO was from a fast break after getting a pass and the defender rotated to him instead of passing it back or to the other wing he forced it and got a charge called on him but yes he did seem to remain calm for the most part during the full court press which was impressive since he's a rookie.

I agree the Jazz did great, but Hayward couldn't hit a layup and he made me nervous dribbling the ball.

Hayward's dribbling is making people nervous? He's got some of the best handles on the team. When it comes to bringing the ball up after some full court pressure I'd want Hayward bringing it up more than anyone on the team except Deron.

His TO was from a fast break after getting a pass and the defender rotated to him instead of passing it back or to the other wing he forced it and got a charge called on him but yes he did seem to remain calm for the most part during the full court press which was impressive since he's a rookie.

Yeah, he did get a charge call, but at least he attacked the rim. On the other hand, Bell, AK, and Miles kept getting their pockets picked. Hayward has very impressive handles and court vision. I felt like the defense saw him with the ball and thought cause he was tall and a rookie, he couldn't dribble, so they attacked him pretty hard with double teams in the back court, and he flew by them, even while getting bumped multiple times. Hayward played fine.

Hayward's dribbling is making people nervous? He's got some of the best handles on the team. When it comes to bringing the ball up after some full court pressure I'd want Hayward bringing it up more than anyone on the team except Deron.

+3.

Ya, OKC got within 4-5 possessions at one point in that forth quarter... If I was Sloan I would have just walked out of the stadium, took my team with me, and forfeited.

He is showing off his old PG skills. The kid can handle the ball that's for sure.

I agree with most of the posters here. Hayward has very strong ball handling ability and I trust him just fine. I just wish he were a little more explosive so he could take it to the rim and finish there consistently. Obviously, it's very early in his career and he's young so he could improve, perhaps even drastically, in that regard. But dammit, I just wish he had a little more hops. On the bright side, he has good body control, so I think he'll learn to finish much better and/or draw contact in due time.

I agree with most of the posters here. Hayward has very strong ball handling ability and I trust him just fine. I just wish he were a little more explosive so he could take it to the rim and finish there consistently.

Hayward did have a pretty explosive layup in the game where he took it to like 3 defenders who tried to swat him. I was impressed.

I prefer Chopin.

I agree with most of the posters here. Hayward has very strong ball handling ability and I trust him just fine. I just wish he were a little more explosive so he could take it to the rim and finish there consistently. Obviously, it's very early in his career and he's young so he could improve, perhaps even drastically, in that regard. But dammit, I just wish he had a little more hops. On the bright side, he has good body control, so I think he'll learn to finish much better and/or draw contact in due time.

Yeah not sure if I agree. He seems prety explosive to me. He goes hard andnthat blown layup was really not a good pass from Deron. Dwill should have went up with it and instead he kicked it back to GH who was in an awkward position to score.

Yeah, Hayward's miss layup was on DWill. DWill knows you should never pass it to someone on a fast break when they are already under the hoop. DWill should have taken that shot.