What's new

We don't have to chose

Otis Day

Who knew.....

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011...70565.html#s286541&title=Cleveland_Cavaliers_

Utah Jazz -- Enes Kanter, Kentucky 3 of 31

Teams are growing increasingly fond of Kanter, and his diverse skill-set. Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson are very good players, but Kanter has the potential to be better than both of them. With his size and willingness to bang, the Jazz will be hard-pressed not to take the Turkish 19-year-old.

Utah Jazz -- Brandon Knight, Kentucky 12 of 31 First Slide Previous Slide

GM Kevin O'Connor is praying Knight falls into his lap at 12 here, and I think he just may. Even with Jerry Sloan now gone, the Jazz are still keen on drafting high character guys with as little baggage as possible. (We all remember the Kirk Synder debacle). I'm not as high on Knight as my piers, but his shooting ability and plus size at the point position fill two gaping holes. It's because of these two factors that Knight would allow coach Tyrone Corbin to play the two together, with both on and off the ball at the same time.

Who knew.....

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011...70565.html#s286541&title=Cleveland_Cavaliers_

Teams are growing increasingly fond of Kanter, and his diverse skill-set. Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson are very good players, but Kanter has the potential to be better than both of them. With his size and willingness to bang, the Jazz will be hard-pressed not to take the Turkish 19-year-old.

GM Kevin O'Connor is praying Knight falls into his lap at 12 here, and I think he just may. Even with Jerry Sloan now gone, the Jazz are still keen on drafting high character guys with as little baggage as possible. (We all remember the Kirk Synder debacle). I'm not as high on Knight as my piers, but his shooting ability and plus size at the point position fill two gaping holes. It's because of these two factors that Knight would allow coach Tyrone Corbin to play the two together, with both on and off the ball at the same time.

Book it.

There is no way Knight drops past Charlotte at 9, and I don't see him getting past Toronto. Utah might be able to work out a swap with Toronto. Kanter @ #3 for Knight @ #5.

Amazing how wildly different some of these mock drafts are in their evaluations.

Yes, and the day after the draft they delete their mocks and start handing out draft grades to the teams before the new guys even play a game.

I think I will do a post draft Mock draft grade for 5 or 6 of the mocks this year.

Who knew.....

I never knew the Huffington Post was updated to include any sports, let alone draft speculation. That site is known more for politics and business stories, so I don't think I'd take that as the best source for draft news. Interesting, but HIGHLY unlikely

Huffington should stick to things they know, like, um...criticizing Republicans. And jetting around in private planes and SUV's while talking about reducing global warming.

There is no way Knight drops past Charlotte at 9, and I don't see him getting past Toronto. Utah might be able to work out a swap with Toronto. Kanter @ #3 for Knight @ #5.

Sacramento would absolutely draft him if available as well.

Huffington should stick to things they know, like, um...criticizing Republicans. And jetting around in private planes and SUV's while talking about reducing global warming.

Out of curiosity, is it your position that people who find the evidence on global warming compelling are thereby morally obligated to walk or ride their bike everywhere, or perhaps travel by horse and buggy? (No, I don't want to debate global warming, I'm just curious about the basis for your statement.)

Can you verify what cars contributors to the HuffPost drive and how they travel from place to place?

Or are you just spouting knee-jerk, simple minded, conservative talking points?

p.s. If you read the HuffPost carefully, you'd know that it indeed has, and has long had, a sports 'section.'

Out of curiosity, is it your position that people who find the evidence on global warming compelling are thereby morally obligated to walk or ride their bike everywhere, or perhaps travel by horse and buggy? (No, I don't want to debate global warming, I'm just curious about the basis for your statement.)

Can you verify what cars contributors to the HuffPost drive and how they travel from place to place?

p.s. If you read the HuffPost carefully, you'd know that it indeed has, and has long had, a sports 'section.'

Wow, you took YB's post waaaay too seriously.

I'll just let Arianna Huffington answer your questions:

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2008/04/26/huffington-concedes-her-lifestyle-contradiction-global-warming-agenda

And no, I don't want to get into a debate about it either. I just feel that celebs and activists should practice what they preach. If Ed Begley, Jr. wants to talk about reducing a carbon footprint, because of his actions I'll give him a lot more leeway than when Leo Dicaprio spouts off while chartering private planes and helicopters or when Al Gore lives in his mansion that burns more energy than some small town. Or should I ignore that inconvenient truth? But go ahead and feel that I am just spouting knee-jerk, simple minded, conservative talking points.