What's new

We have no respect

Utesnjazz

So Overall I think Quinn has done a great job, but I can't stand how we keep getting edited on calls and he never yells at the refs. It is completely obvious that refs have no respect for the Jazz. It matters big time. How many times has one of our players been hacked hard on one end (without a call) and then it leads to easy buckets on the other end? David Locke keeps spouting on tip off that getting techs is not the way to fix it. Well edited that! Quinn wake the edited up your strategy isn't working! The Nba may have changed a lot but one thing he needs to learn from Sloan is how to demand respect. We have zero respect and getting kicked out of a game here or there will gain some respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see him get a tech. Hell, someone in this team get a damn tech for yelling at the refs.

I would like to see him get a tech. Hell, someone in this team get a damn tech for yelling at the refs.

Zero techs this year... the best coaches in the league generally get quite a few techs... stevens is kind of the exception.

Against Portland Stotts lost his **** over two calls that were correct and fairly obvious... next play Favs gets a horrible off ball touch foul. Refs are human.

I coach a flag football league and the ref called a pretty BS call at a crucial part of the game. The other coaches were major dicks and super loud. When I politely asked for an explanation the ref told me what do you want me to do they were screaming in my ear.

I know these refs are pros, but they feel it too trust me. CP3 bitches and moans as much as anyone and he is basically allowed to assault the opposing pg all game long.

Phil Jackson used to take fines for making public comments about officials. I think someone needs to do this for us... Millers should pay the fine for them!

When being the nice respectful person doesn't work sometimes you become an ******* to get the job done.

You guys need to understand something. Quin Snyder is not a weak character man who can't stand up like Tyrone Corbin. He is a passive anger guy who has the tendency to become a serial killer and murder the entire ref community after the season is over. He has got our back. Trust Snyder.

You guys need to understand something. Quin Snyder is not a weak character man who can't stand up like Tyrone Corbin. He is a passive anger guy who has the tendency to become a serial killer and murder the entire ref community after the season is over. He has got our back. Trust Snyder.

Kaiser Soze AF

So Overall I think Quinn has done a great job, but I can't stand how we keep getting edited on calls and he never yells at the refs. It is completely obvious that refs have no respect for the Jazz. It matters big time. How many times has one of our players been hacked hard on one end (without a call) and then it leads to easy buckets on the other end? David Locke keeps spouting on tip off that getting techs is not the way to fix it. Well edited that! Quinn wake the edited your strategy isn't working! The Nba may have changed a lot but one thing he needs to learn from Sloan is how to demand respect. We have zero respect and getting kicked out of a game here or there will gain some respect.

You forget that a big part of the reason The Jazz got respect under Sloan was because the team had two all-stars (three if you count Hornacek) who were masters at working the refs. Why do you think Houston got all the calls down the stretch the other night - because the refs are terrified of J.B. Bickerstaff?

Hayward is learning a little bit - I often see him communicating with the refs in between plays. Most of the other players just pout.

Sucks but that's the way it is in this league.

Last edited by a moderator:
b32d115d49053d21b7739020d6da67f4.jpg

You forget that a big part of the reason The Jazz got respect under Sloan was because the team had two all-stars (three if you count Hornacek) who were masters at working the refs. Why do you think Houston got all the calls down the stretch the other night - because the refs are terrified of J.B. Bickerstaff?

Hayward is learning a little bit - I often see him communicating with the refs in between plays. Most of the other players just pout.

Sucks but that's the way it is in this league.

This is true but old Jerr also worked the refs in his own way.

In an ideal world we would go about our business exactly how we have been, but it's clear the NBA and refs don't give a ****.... Like at all. It's time to start getting squeaky and I'd rather not have the players do it... Rather it come from the coach.

In the last two games the refs have missed two open court fouls where the opposing team is clearly trying to take a foul. It's just gotten so ridiculous. Keep doing the same thing and taking on the chin has just not worked.

I believe this can be affected by the franchise's main men's influence over the association and the ref club. There are not so many things you can do to change the way things are right now as a player or a coach. But if the officials are shivering from getting on your bad side as the owners or GM, then you can make a difference.

Well now we know why they hate us. Thanks a lot Eenie.

I only did this recently, so far as the Jazz are concerned, so it would have had no impact on what has been happening all season.

In the past, I emailed and talked on the phone with Mike about officiating in general, and he is very open to talking about officiating and he is sincerely interested in getting the calls to be accurate and right.

I only did this recently, so far as the Jazz are concerned, so it would have had no impact on what has been happening all season.

In the past, I emailed and talked on the phone with Mike about officiating in general, and he is very open to talking about officiating and he is sincerely interested in getting the calls to be accurate and right.
You say it couldn't have been because of you because you only emailed recently and then you said you have called him in the past. Lol. No matter how much you believe this guy enjoys hearing your opinion, I guarantee he does not. Let the Jazz handle this situation and quit bothering the guy.

You say it couldn't have been because of you because you only emailed recently and then you said you have called him in the past. Lol. No matter how much you believe this guy enjoys hearing your opinion, I guarantee he does not. Let the Jazz handle this situation and quit bothering the guy.

I talked on the phone with him for about 30 minutes, once last year, and we discussed a lot of issues about refereeing and nothing was related to the Jazz, though I told him I was a Jazz fan. It must've been a day when he wasn't busy, I suspect, or I'm sure he wouldn't spend that much time talking to a fan.

And then right after he hung up he instructed the officials to never give the Jazz a good call again. Way to go.