What's new

We must not listen big mike

We wouldn’t like what is going back to Boston or coming back to Utah? Think if it is something going to Boston we wouldn’t like Lauri or #9 going out.

All those years DA tried to trade Smart for a first rounder, you think he’s going to trade #9 for him? It’s the kind of move you make when you’re knocking on the door, not the move you make when you’ve missed the playoffs.

There are winds but they are butt winds coming from yo ***.

Boston my guess is #9 for Smart.

Atlanta John Collins something.

NO hmmmm 16/28 for 14 and a future second.

If the Jazz traded up from #16 to #14, then it would be extremely likely that two out of Cason Wallace, Keyonte George, Kobe Bufkin and Jalen Hood-Schifino would be available. Possibly three would be available.

The closest comp in the draft to Marcus Smart is Cason Wallace. Defensive 1st point from Kentucky. High level competitors.

Why trade for the vet when you can draft the rookie who is more on our timeline? That's not the deal Big Mike would be referring to. My guess is Payton Pritchard is a player that Ainge covets and we have to give up the 28th pick to get him. I wouldn't do that trade when late 1sts are fetching starting caliber players.

Would yall do a Lauri for Jaylen swap? Fresh blood for the Celtics on a more manageable contract for 2 years giving them multiple years to add more talent to surround Tatum and Maarkanaan. Jazz get Pritchard and Jaylen on a sign and trade.

I am sure that there are alternative universes where something like that may make sense for both teams. Not sure why we would do it unless we were in love in Jaylen.

There are winds but they are butt winds coming from yo ***.

Boston my guess is #9 for Smart.

Atlanta John Collins something.

NO hmmmm 16/28 for 14 and a future second.
I'm thinking Murray. But I don't have sources, just read between the lines. Collins doesn't exactly fit with LM does he? Could be wrong.

All those years DA tried to trade Smart for a first rounder, you think he’s going to trade #9 for him? It’s the kind of move you make when you’re knocking on the door, not the move you make when you’ve missed the playoffs.
Smart is one of my favorite players in the NBA, so I would love getting him, but completely agree. It would be a nonsensical move at this point.

I bet you loved the Jazz picking Exum over Smart in the 2014 draft.

That was awful. I hated Exum going in to the draft, and wanted anybody but him. I actually had Smart ahead of Wiggins because I loved the way he played and remember getting some flack for that.

I'm such a Jazz homer though that I eventually turned in to an Exum apologist. It was clear he wasn't going to be anything special, but I eventually thought he had a chance to be a decent role player. He was/is a good kid and so I continue to hope good things for him. I'm glad he's having some success in Europe.