What's new

We need another wing. Who? How do we acquire him?

Jazz are in a position to rock this offseason, hard.

Traded the 12th pick for Hill
Sign Dudley and move Ingles to 3rd SF
Trade up into late first rounder and nab another Hood/Gobert level steal. (we have some players and tons of picks to do so, Thon Maker anyone?

Gobert/Maker/Pleiss
Favors/Lyles
Hayward/Dudley/Ingles
Hood/Burks/Johnson
Exum/Hill/(Mack/Neto)

So if something similar to this happened how would those wanting DL to make moves and push this team feel? [MENTION=249]NAOS[/MENTION]

It's looking like Charlotte will give up 22 for whoever takes on Hawes or Lamb.

Jazz are in a position to rock this offseason, hard.

Traded the 12th pick for Hill
Sign Dudley and move Ingles to 3rd SF
Trade up into late first rounder and nab another Hood/Gobert level steal. (we have some players and tons of picks to do so, Thon Maker anyone?

Gobert/Maker/Pleiss
Favors/Lyles
Hayward/Dudley/Ingles
Hood/Burks/Johnson
Exum/Hill/(Mack/Neto)

So if something similar to this happened how would those wanting DL to make moves and push this team feel? [MENTION=249]NAOS[/MENTION]

pretty good. With Hill, I think we have the team to put together a juicy pitch to DeRozan. That'd make me the happiest. We'd have to move pieces in a year or two, but that's a good problem to have if the performance is there.

I can't believe you mention KFC wings. Shame on you. Idiot. Buffalo Wild Wings is so much better. And I would rather have our grocery store wings over paying too much for KFC wings.

Sorry, that's my best "attacking forum douche" impersonation mimicking some of those lurking around here....

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app
Will try as soon as I get there ;)

David Locke on the radio accidentally said that the Jazz signed Solomon Hill instead of George Hill one time at the end of the segment. Then he jokingly tweeted about Utah signing Jordan or Solomon Hill to make his announcing job harder. Tin foil hat time: Solomon Hill will be on the Jazz.

We have hood, burks, hayward, exum, hill and ingles to play the wing.

Who should we get as a 6th wing? Im going to say no one.

[MENTION=1988]Stoked[/MENTION], I'd also be pretty happy if we traded back into the first to get someone like Beasley, Luwawu, or Bembry to fill out this wing slot..... since I don't expect DeRozan to sign here. At all.

pretty good. With Hill, I think we have the team to put together a juicy pitch to DeRozan. That'd make me the happiest. We'd have to move pieces in a year or two, but that's a good problem to have if the performance is there.

This is my thought process as well. Go get DeRozan. That team (if healthy) is top 4, maybe top 3, in the West (which is probably top 5/6 in the whole league.)

Gobert, Favors, Hayward, DeRozan and Hill in the starting lineup with Lyles, Hood, Burks and Exum off the bench. Add a backup small forward (Bembry/Luwawu/Prince) and a backup C/PF (Maker/Zizic/Qi/Stone) in the draft for development. Everybody else are glue/emergency bench guys. Could see Trevor Booker back at a bargain, even though Lyles will start getting his minutes.

[MENTION=1988]Stoked[/MENTION], I'd also be pretty happy if we traded back into the first to get someone like Beasley, Luwawu, or Bembry to fill out this wing slot..... since I don't expect DeRozan to sign here. At all.

I'm a greedy SOB, I guess. I want both. Trade up for a wing and a big in the late 1st/early 2nd round range of this draft. . . then go get DeMar DeRozan. Be agressive in opening the window for the Jazz to compete with this young core.

It's looking like Charlotte will give up 22 for whoever takes on Hawes or Lamb.

Is that legit? I wanted Hawes last year and would take him even without the pick. Just add a Dudley and we've addressed our perimeter shooting.

[MENTION=249]NAOS[/MENTION] I hope that we do unless it costs us a heavy rotation guy. Use some combo of picks, cash, Burke, Neto, Mack, Withey, Johnson, Ingles or Pleiss.

Getting Hill, trading back into the late 1st (especially if it only costs an excess PG and a 2nd rounder or 2) to grab the FOs player of choice and landing a good wing would be a homerun offseason for the Jazz IMO.

I'm a greedy SOB, I guess. I want both. Trade up for a wing and a big in the late 1st/early 2nd round range of this draft. . . then go get DeMar DeRozan. Be agressive in opening the window for the Jazz to compete with this young core.

I'm on board with that. But I think we'd need to be confident we could play some small-ball lineups with Hayward at PF (and maybe Lyles at C) for the minutes to work.

[MENTION=249]NAOS[/MENTION] I hope that we do unless it costs us a heavy rotation guy. Use some combo of picks, cash, Burke, Neto, Mack, Withey, Johnson, Ingles or Pleiss.

Getting Hill, trading back into the late 1st (especially if it only costs an excess PG and a 2nd rounder or 2) to grab the FOs player of choice and landing a good wing would be a homerun offseason for the Jazz IMO.

This.

Also, I think taking a guy like Brogdon in the 2nd might just be good enough. Plays defense and can shoot... would be cheap and is older so more likely to contribute now.

I'm on board with that. But I think we'd need to be confident we could play some small-ball lineups with Hayward at PF (and maybe Lyles at C) for the minutes to work.
IMO, it's not really about size - it's about spacing.

I think that the Jazz can definitely get away with a lineup of. . .

Favors/Gobert, Hayward/Lyles, Hood, DeRozan/Burks and Exum/Hill. Don't ever want Lyles at center. Favors can do that job in small lineups just fine. Defend to the edge AND bully people inside with shooters outside giving him space.

This.

Also, I think taking a guy like Brogdon in the 2nd might just be good enough. Plays defense and can shoot... would be cheap and is older so more likely to contribute now.

Package an expiring contract (Mack/Withey/Johnson) and 2 of our 3 second rounders to Charlotte for the 22nd pick. Grab an FO player of choice and still have a 2nd rounder to grab someone.

Jazz have the assets to make something happen. I think it isn't over.

Favors/Gobert, Hayward/Lyles, Hood, DeRozan/Burks and Exum/Hill. Don't ever want Lyles at center. Favors can do that job in small lineups just fine. Defend to the edge AND bully people inside with shooters outside giving him space.

DeRozan and spacing don't belong in the same nation let alone on the same team. With Hill, Hayward and Hood we have several good outside shooters. Hopefully Burks and Exum are adequate. So why screw that up with DeRozan. Let some else over pay for him.

Buddy Hield at #3 tonight. We trade Hayward, and avoid killing our rebuild by paying him a max contract.

I just snooped around on the internet RE: DeRozan's free agency. It sounds a ****load like he's staying put.

I just snooped around on the internet RE: DeRozan's free agency. It sounds a ****load like he's staying put.

Most likely scenario, but there's been some question as to if Toronto would offer him the full max, and if not. . . it opens the door a crack. Durant would obviously be the #1 target. . . but I doubt he even meets with the Jazz. I'm expecting that Free Agency will be very similar to how it went down 2 years ago. Everybody holds their breath waiting for KD to make a decision and then the dominoes start falling soon after. I think the Jazz should target DeRozan hard from the outset so that they're at the top of his list if Toronto balks at the contract.