What's new

We should not have traded NAW

Welcome to Jazzfanz where we cry over what could have been. I wanted to keep NAW but he is gone live with it. Move on and look forward to the future. Trust me I have spent a lot of my life living in the what could have been and it is not a fun place to be.

Welcome to Jazzfanz where we cry over what could have been. I wanted to keep NAW but he is gone live with it. Move on and look forward to the future. Trust me I have spent a lot of my life living in the what could have been and it is not a fun place to be.
If we really want him back we can absolutely go get him in FA.

NAW is like Vando. A classic tweener who can "thrive" as a 5th option when he's surrounded by a ton of offense and doesn't have to do much of anything.

The second you put him in control, he falls apart.

It’s not NAW but rather Vando that I miss the most. Dunn is easily better than NAW, and THT and why we keep messing around with ten day contracts is beyond me. But It’s going to be very difficult to replace a guy like Vando who the whole league is talking about for his hustle plays. Still, I’m happy for both guys hopefully both finally finding a home where they are appreciated. Now if I could just get past the Sellers remorse that cleared our tank path but made Minnesota a contender in the process. Definitely not D.A.’s finest moment.

It’s not NAW but rather Vando that I miss the most. Dunn is easily better than NAW, and THT and why we keep messing around with ten day contracts is beyond me. But It’s going to be very difficult to replace a guy like Vando who the whole league is talking about for his hustle plays. Still, I’m happy for both guys hopefully both finally finding a home where they are appreciated. Now if I could just get past the Sellers remorse that cleared our tank path but made Minnesota a contender in the process. Definitely not D.A.’s finest moment.
The 10 day contract stuff is about luxury tax I would imagine... we are just 1.2M under the threshold

There is nothing more annoying than listening to people hype up Vanderbilt as some great defender

Welcome to every sports fan-board everywhere ever, where we cry over what could have been. I wanted to keep NAW but he is gone live with it. Move on and look forward to the future. Trust me I have spent a lot of my life living in the what could have been and it is not a fun place to be.
FTFY

So I understand that this is probably more about what the Timberwolves received than what the Jazz lost, but it is worth noting that Kris Dunn in a similar sample size has been waaaaaaay better than NAW.

Granted, the Timberwolves have a lot of head room for a guy that is positive, energetic, and a professional, but it sounds like that is most of what he's bringing. They "fleeced" us for a guy totally 'balling out' with a 14.2 PER, 7.7 points per game, 1.7 assists per game, and 0.4 steals per game.

What I'm getting at is this: the Timberwolves are desperate for anything good and he's playing the best he ever has which is technically on the lower-end of mediocre (a 15 PER is calculated by the average level of production by that metric for an NBA player). So, sure, would've been nice to keep him (away from them), but he wasn't an important part of the franchise's long-term plan and he's likely going to come back to earth since it is A SEVEN GAME SAMPLE SIZE. In return, the Jazz look like they'll improve their own pick this year (A LOT?) and they got a pick that on even-odds has an 87% chance of conveying as a 1st and a ~11% chance of conveying as a high-end 2nd in case the Lakers are just abysmal and lucky.

Did I mention Dunn has a 21.2 PER and a box +/- that is FIVE TIMES HIGHER? Small sample sizes for lottery talent playing for their lives can produce wild results.

Last edited:
Nah numb. They fleeced us for NAW, conley, and a draft pick while giving us literally nothing.