What's new

We Shouldn't Trade Bojan

LoPo

I've been on the trade Bojan train for a while. After the Rudy trade, I think it's smarter to keep Bojan unless we get a fantastic return for him. My 5 reasons why:

#1 - We added perimeter defending in Beverley, Vanderbilt and Beasley. We don't have to trade Bojan to address perimeter defending anymore. Sure we could use more it, but..

#2 - Bojan is still a top notch shooter. He spreads the floor. Our best perimeter defender addition is Vanderbilt who is not a shooter. We need to counter poor shooters with sharp shooters.

#3 - Bojan is good for culture. He works hard. He's got a good attitude. He has his moments of good and bad defense, but he tries.

#4 - Bojan is a good player. We'll likely go into next season with one star caliber player and we need to surround that star with as many good players as possible.

#5 - Bojan is an expiring. If Don does get traded mid-season or even after next season, we can enter a rebuild much easier than if we had some bad contract in Bojan's place.

I think it would make more sense to trade Conley or Clarkson than it would be to trade Bojan.

Last edited:
It all depends on what we could get for him. If we can get an expiring contract and future 1st or a younger player with upside then we need to jump on a trade for him.

If we don’t do anything we are right in basketball purgatory where is the last place we want to be. Likely 8-12 draft pick range. If we want to get good players to compete Bojan is one of our most valuable trade assets player wise (may be the most valuable).

If we trade Donovan we should trade Bojan for picks too.

Depends on what we would get. Just keeping Donovan and letting Bogey's deal expire isn't ideal. If the plan is to keep him you try and get an extension. If you are keeping Don you also might trade him for someone with a longer deal that is younger (if possible its hard). I think you could get a first for him all day if you wanted.

I've been on the trade Bojan train for a while. After the Rudy trade, I think it's smarter to keep Bojan. My 5 reasons why:

#1 - We added perimeter defending in Beverley, Vanderbilt and Beasley. We don't have to trade Bojan to address perimeter defending anymore. Sure we could use more it, but..

#2 - Bojan is still a top notch shooter. He spreads the floor. Our best perimeter defender addition is Vanderbilt who is not a shooter. We need to counter poor shooters with sharp shooters.

#3 - Bojan is good for culture. He works hard. He's got a good attitude. He has his moments of good and bad defense, but he tries.

#4 - Bojan is a good player. We'll likely go into next season with one star caliber player and we need to surround that star with as many good players as possible.

#5 - Bojan is an expiring. If Don does get traded mid-season or even after next season, we can enter a rebuild much easier than if we had some bad contract in Bojan's place.

I think it would make more sense to trade Conley or Clarkson than it would be to trade Bojan.
anything that furthers the tank they should do. iow, if you can get a first for him, trade him and replace him with somebody really ******.

If we don’t do anything we are right in basketball purgatory where is the last place we want to be. Likely 8-12 draft pick range. If we want to get good players to compete Bojan is one of our most valuable trade assets player wise (may be the most valuable).

If we trade Don, yeah definitely trade Bojan.

Bojan likely isn't going to get us a draft pick and a young player. Maybe one or the other.

Bojan fits quite nicely next to Vanderbilt and Don in multiple roster scenarios.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

If we trade Donovan, we should trade Bojan, Clarkson, Conley, Beverley and Beasley. None of those guys are long-term pieces in a rebuild/retool - with or without Mitchell. Jazz should get value if there’s value to be gotten.

Depends on what we would get. Just keeping Donovan and letting Bogey's deal expire isn't ideal. If the plan is to keep him you try and get an extension. If you are keeping Don you also might trade him for someone with a longer deal that is younger (if possible its hard). I think you could get a first for him all day if you wanted.
If we get a fantastic offer, I for sure take it.

If we are doing well enough with him, then I could see an extension. He's got a certain set of skills....

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think a team to keep an eye on for Bojan are the Knicks if they really want to go for it this year. The Knicks gets the best player in the deal and clear caproom for next offseason. We take on an extra year of Fournier but to do that we get a cheap look at Reddish and I think that Dallas pick ends up in the 14 to 20 range.

Bojan
Gay

Fournier
Reddish
Dallas Future 1st

Bogey might have higher value at the deadline so if thats the argument, whatever.

To not trade him would be a stupid move beyond comprehension if you want to tank or build around Mitchell for the future.

Bogey is a god awful defender who is largely responsible (along with Mitchell) for most of the awful defensive rotations we see in the playoffs.

Bogey gives admirable defensive effort on his man, but the dude is as low IQ as it gets on D and at passing. Trade him to any playoff contender who is willing to give up a lot to protected 2024/5/6 pick

If somebody blows us away, definitely trade him.

If we are struggling at the deadline, definitely trade him.

I started the thread because there seemed to be a sentiment that we needed to trade Bojan. I don't think we need to trade him unless we meet one of the criteria above.

I think Bogey is someone we should trade 100% regardless of what we do with Don. If we don't, he's just gonna walk.

Wasn't there a post that said a Bojan trade was a done deal and just waiting to be announced

I really like Bogey and if we are trying to win then he is helpful.
We really shouldn’t be trying to win - even if the Jazz plan to retool around Mitchell instead of trading him, the focus should be getting the future foundational players onto the team - whatever it takes.

Bogey, Clarkson, Conley, Gay, Beverley and Beasley are all just passing through at this point. Better to move them for any quality assets that can get. Don’t sell low just to get rid of them, but actively try to get picks of players that have long-term value before they leave.