What's new

Weapon of Choice?

TheDude

So with the debate raging about how to best protect your family from an intruder, it got me curious about what kind of home defense some of you do have.

For me, I have an assortment of hunting rifles, and a few handguns. I think given the option though, I would go with one of my 12 gauge shotty's.

Any other preferences?

The best home defense weapon is a 12 gauge shotgun, obviously a semi-auto. Handguns are great weapons but generally have a heavy kick and obviously you only get one bullet per shot whereas with a shotgun you get a ton of pellets that spread with one shot.

When responding to the zombie polar bear apolcalypse and TEOTWAWKI I prefer alternating 12 guage slugs and 00 buckshot in my tactical Mossberg 500A.

On the serious note a pump shotgun is probably the best choice. It is the simplest to use. It will put any perp down. The pump part makes it very unlikely to jam even if left loaded for a very long time.

After that a revolver is a good choice. But the best weapon is to educate and train yourself. The gun is just a tool. Everything is up to you.

heart.jpg

An AK-47 assault rifle, the preferred weapon of our enemy. It makes a distinct sound when fired.

So with the debate raging about how to best protect your family from an intruder, it got me curious about what kind of home defense some of you do have.

For me, I have an assortment of hunting rifles, and a few handguns. I think given the option though, I would go with one of my 12 gauge shotty's.

Any other preferences?

you should not only have weapons. you should also let your wife know how to handle those weapons and have learn some basic martial arts move.

just syaing it shouldnt be a choice. it should just be everything at ur disposal. when it comes to protecting your family/the survival of you family. biting/nail files, PITBULLS, guns, knifes, machetes just anything that can help you

But the best weapon is to educate and train yourself. The gun is just a tool. Everything is up to you.

exactly thats what i mean. how often have i heard home invasions gone wrong, when the perp used/disarmed the victims and use their own hardware against them