What's new

Weaver cut from the team

I would never expect Weaver to be a regular starter in the NBA, but I did think he was already better than Ronnie Price even though he was new to the plays and the system.

I don't think anyone will decline coming to Utah because of how the Jazz treated Weaver. He was a D-league call up on a 10-day contract, and he played 10 days. Unlike many D-league call-ups, he played in all 5 games while with the Jazz (71 minutes). He's probably grateful for the opportunity to remind the NBA what he can do.

When the Jazz picked him up, they were missing Harris, Price, Bell and AK. The PG and SG spots were very thin. With Harris back (and who knows what Price/Bell's status is), they just don't need him for two meaningless games. They picked him up in an emergency situation, and now the emergency is over.

Let us be honest. The Kings game was an aberration anyway. They really did not even guard him at all. Pretty sporadic and erratic in the other games, but i can still see him being a 12th,13th guy on a roster. We probably did not want to spend any extra money in two meaningless games. Let Hayward play 40+ and see if CJ can give some effort and earn a pickup on his contract.

"It just didn't work out," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said.

Seems like an odd comment, if they are thinking of inviting him to training camp. You would think that they would have been more complimentary.

Seems like an odd comment, if they are thinking of inviting him to training camp. You would think that they would have been more complimentary.

That was actually Ty answering a question about him taking over for the rest of the season. : )

He means the situation with there being 2 games and enough bodies. He goes on to praise Weaver.

Whether he gets an invite back remains to be seen. But one "advantage" the Jazz will have going into next year is every agent of an undrafted wing or D-League all star will have the Jazz on their short list. KOC's phone should be ringing off the hook for 2's and 3's because there is real opportunity to stick in Utah in addition to the Matthews story. And without the same salary issues we had this year, they're more likely to carry an extra wing.

I watched a DLeague game on Versus Friday night where Jon Scheyer had 20 points 5 boards and 6 assists and it might mean our buddy Ryan Thompson might still be viewed as a prospect instead of a suspect.

Jacque Vaughn was a brick-layer and their 2nd string PG for half a decade. You're ridiculous.

The dude shot at least 40% in the two seasons he played significant minutes with them.

Price can't even touch that. Neither will Weaver with a flat shot like his.