What's new

Welcome in the middle of rebuilding.

JC is really chill but I do wonder how he is going to take it when the kids Keyonte and Ochai are eventually named the starting backcourt. Keynote is 12 years younger than Clarkson so can't imagine that is going to sit well with him regardless of his chill nature.
JC will start. Hardy trying things in preseason. I think JC and Dunn/Ochai/THT if I had to guess today. End of year may be different.

Depending on trades and stuff I think JC moves to the bench next year.

JC will start. Hardy trying things in preseason. I think JC and Dunn/Ochai/THT if I had to guess today. End of year may be different.

Depending on trades and stuff I think JC moves to the bench next year.
I actually dont think he will start. That's my current hot take. I think if he was for sure starting, he would have been starting by now and we'd be trying different 2nd guards around him. I think both guard spots are legitimately up in the air currently.

I actually dont think he will start. That's my current hot take. I think if he was for sure starting, he would have been starting by now and we'd be trying different 2nd guards around him. I think both guard spots are legitimately up in the air currently.
JC is a chameleon… he will fit in the way he needs to. I honestly kind of wonder if Hardy played THT and Sexton with that frontcourt in order to satisfy both players. Can show them the tape of how not good it went and move to his preferred lineup. Not starting JC is kind of dumb… he’s the best guard of that group.

Hardy is trying to thread the needle a bit to keep guys happy. “Hey I gave you guys some run and a shot… it wasn’t great”. I just don’t feel like last nights lineup was a rational attempt to discover a starting lineup. 2 guards that want to drive and a front court with poor spacing. Nah that ain’t it.

We have a few preseason games if jc don’t start then I guess he won’t and hardy finally found his PG. he also said it will take 20 games to finalize the roster so this will take time.

Sexton missed almost all of the post trade DL games and thus didnt get to play as many minutes with THT or Dunn as JC did. JC and Sexton we have seen for over 600 minutes last season. JC and THT also shared the court for almost 400 minutes. Hardy is gonna start JC but he doesnt need to test drive him with anyone in particular, except maybe Keyonte if he imagines them pairing up.

Btw an interesting thing is that JC had positive BPM last season with almost everyone currently on the roster. Only exceptions are Ochai (-9 in 260 minutes) and Fontecchio (-65 in 75 minutes). His other negatives were Beasley, Vando, Dok, NAW, JTA and Damian Jones, who are all gone.

ANYTHING CHANGE IN YOUR OPINION??? mine is NOT.

so many teams are better than us at this point - ALTHOUGHT My prediction've changed we're not 24th We will be 26th - no PLAYOFFS this Year.
there are only three west teams in our range.

ATL - same as UT
BOS - much better than UT
BRK - better than UT
CHA - worse than UT
CHI - better than UT
CLV - much better
DAL - much better
DEN - much better
DET - same than UT
GS - much better
HOU - worse / same than UT
IND - better than UT
LAL - much better than UT
LAC - much better than UT
MEM - much better than UT
MIA - much better than UT
MIN - better than UT
MIL - much better than UT
NO - better than UT
NY - better than UT
ORL - same than UT
OKC - better than UT
PHI - much better than UT
PHX - much better than UT
POR - same as UT
SAC - better than UT
SA - same as UT
TOR - better than UT
WAS - worse than UT.

we are at the beginning of a rebuild not the middle. last year teams were throwing games and trying to lose. jazz looked far better than they really are. we are a bottom five team in the west. but we are fiesty bunch and our coach is really good.

so many teams are better than us at this point - ALTHOUGHT My prediction've changed we're not 24th We will be 26th - no PLAYOFFS this Year.

ATL - same as UT
BRK - better than UT
CHA - worse than UT
CHI - better than UT
CLV - much better
DAL - much better
DEN - much better
DET - same than UT
GS - much better
IND - better than UT
MIN - better than UT
NO - better than UT
NY - better than UT
ORL - same than UT
OKC - better than UT
POR - same as UT
SAC - better than UT
SA - same as UT
TOR - better than UT
WAS - worse than UT.
lol

ATL - same as UT
BRK - better than UT
CHA - worse than UT
CHI - better than UT
CLV - much better
DAL - much better
DEN - much better
DET - same than UT
GS - much better
IND - better than UT
MIN - better than UT
NO - better than UT
NY - better than UT
ORL - same than UT
OKC - better than UT
POR - same as UT
SAC - better than UT
SA - same as UT
TOR - better than UT
WAS - worse than UT.
1132 pegged our static market value. Why we even lacing em up? I vote we just suspend the whole ridiculous enterprise, have 1132 do the rest of the calculations and then make the award presentations.

Yay, we finally get some ping pong balls. :p

YOU guys disagree but make a prediction please - Where are we in your opinion? 2nd round - western conference finals? - the problem is Front Office put us in next several years of semi - look at Hendricks - he is G League PF now.
GO JAZZ

YOU guys disagree but make a prediction please - Where are we in your opinion? 2nd round - western conference finals? - the problem is Front Office put us in next several years of semi - look at Hendricks - he is G League PF now.
GO JAZZ
No one can know. All we can know is that we have a pretty young team with a **** ton of draft picks and a good salary situation currently. I dont expect the current team to be the same team for the next several years. I think Ainge has proven that he likes to make moves. He currently has the assets to make hella moves.

Btw what I disagree with is your list. You have teams like orlando as being the same good as utah. GTFOH. Portland same as utah. Toronto better than utah. Indy better than utah. Houston on the same level as utah. I could go on and on. Your list was/is trash. That is straight hating on the jazz.

GO JAZZ
I'm going to have to decline your offer to play Jump to Conclusions

jump-to-conclusion-think-again.gif

It’s a downer to see how we cannot take advantage of Markkanen’s efficiency. We lose games because of it. Clarkson, THT, and Sexton all can move with the ball to the paint, but they can't kick it out (and even turn it over way too often). When they dribble to the paint, Lauri often moves to the 3-point line with his hands ready to catch a pass, but the pass never comes. 3>2. The best offensive teams in the NBA know this simple math. Boston’s entire offensive scheme is based on it. For this reason alone, no contender team in today’s NBA would give Clarkson, THT, or Sexton starter minutes.

It’s a downer to see how we cannot take advantage of Markkanen’s efficiency. We lose games because of it. Clarkson, THT, and Sexton all can move with the ball to the paint, but they can't kick it out (and even turn it over way too often). When they dribble to the paint, Lauri often moves to the 3-point line with his hands ready to catch a pass, but the pass never comes. 3>2. The best offensive teams in the NBA know this simple math. Boston’s entire offensive scheme is based on it. For this reason alone, no contender team in today’s NBA would give Clarkson, THT, or Sexton starter minutes.
THT is 10th in potential assist this year. He's not the issue. He is setting the table.

THT is 10th in potential assist this year. He's not the issue. He is setting the table.
He negates the good things he does with his horrific shooting percentages (and shot selection).

As someone else said, a THT with more of an understanding what his weaknesses are would be a much better player.

Have to be realistic, none of our players except Lauri are starters in a contender team. JC could be a perfect 6th men in one of them. We are clearly in the middle of rebuilding. How we handle this part is the main question? Using our asset to get one or 2 good players ( not easy to get considering our market). Tanking one year to get a top draft players ( someone like Sarr). DA make for me until now the easy part, dislocating a team who failed to win. The difficult part start now.

Well, THT has gotten better at passing, but he still has a long way to be a playmaker and a starter on a contender team. Playmaking is mostly about what goes on between the ears and less about a physical skill. When THT attacks the rim, kicking the ball out to an open 3-point shooter rarely enters his mind. Basketball is a game of probabilities, and considering THT’s poor shooting efficiency (one of the worst in the league at the rim), a pass to an open 3-point shooter, especially to Lauri who shoots over 40% from behind the 3-point line, would obviously be the right play for our team when it is available.

This is how a good playmaker does it:

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=438&GameID=0022300001&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=Smith 26' 3PT Jump Shot (9 PTS) (Haliburton 9 AST)

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=594&GameID=0022300001&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=Hield 26' 3PT Jump Shot (14 PTS) (Haliburton 13 AST)

And this is THT (when Lauri is open behind the 3-point line to receive a pass):

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=715&GameID=0022300130&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=MISS Horton-Tucker 2' Driving Reverse Layup

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=704&GameID=0022300130&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=Horton-Tucker Offensive Foul Turnover (P2.T18)

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=433&GameID=0022300130&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=MISS Horton-Tucker 8' Fadeaway Jumper

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=655&GameID=0022300130&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=MISS Horton-Tucker 3' Driving Layup

You can find better examples if you look other games. These are only from the most recent game for each.

Last edited:
Well, THT has gotten better at passing, but he still has a long way to be a playmaker and a starter on a contender team. Playmaking is mostly about what goes on between the ears and less about a physical skill. When THT attacks the rim, kicking the ball out to an open 3-point shooter rarely enters his mind. Basketball is a game of probabilities, and considering THT’s poor shooting efficiency (one of the worst in the league at the rim), a pass to an open 3-point shooter, especially to Lauri who shoots over 40% from behind the 3-point line, would obviously be the right play for our team when it is available.

This is how a good playmaker does it:

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=438&GameID=0022300001&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=Smith 26' 3PT Jump Shot (9 PTS) (Haliburton 9 AST)

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=594&GameID=0022300001&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=Hield 26' 3PT Jump Shot (14 PTS) (Haliburton 13 AST)

And this is THT (when Lauri is open behind the 3-point line to receive a pass):

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=715&GameID=0022300130&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=MISS Horton-Tucker 2' Driving Reverse Layup

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=704&GameID=0022300130&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=Horton-Tucker Offensive Foul Turnover (P2.T18)

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=433&GameID=0022300130&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=MISS Horton-Tucker 8' Fadeaway Jumper

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=655&GameID=0022300130&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=MISS Horton-Tucker 3' Driving Layup

You can find better examples if you look other games. These are only from the most recent game for each.
10th in potential assist, would be top 5 if he had more minutes. He's a playmaker. Stop hating.

And holy **** at some of those "examples".

Like the layup THT misses at the 5:15 mark in the 4th quarter.

Who the **** is he supposed to pass to? He missed a layup, it happens. It successfully resulted in an easy put back for John Collins because of the defensive attention he drew. That's playmaking in the 21st century. You have to be a scorer to be a playmaker.

It's ****ing crazy how some people expect perfection out of a 22 year old playing as a starting PG for the first time in his career. Yes, THT is not ****ing Tyrese ****ing Haliburton. Good god.