What's new

Welcome to the 2023 Jazzfanz annual vintage nba draft.

Just reading up on Bill Walton. He didn't lose a game between the middle of his Jr year in HS thru the middle of his Sr year in college, when UCLA lost by a single point in a game he played while wearing a back brace. Why was he wearing a back brace? BECAUSE HIS SPINE WAS BROKEN!

What an absolute badass.

Three teams still have not sent in their rotations matchups start Sunday night, if you have not sent in your rotation, I will be setting your rotation myself you’ve been warned

@Domino @gandalfe @sip @Hornacekamania @David Hume
Second round starts tonight. Team F vs. team C. Team B vs Team D. Send your rotations to me in pm matches should go out by 10pm mst

Team F
Bill Russell // Dikembe Mutumbo/Yao Ming
Dirk Nowitzki // Chris bosh
Vince Carter // Peja, Stojakavic
Michael Jordan // Allen Iverson
Oscar Robertson // Deron Williams

Vs.

Team C
Wilt Chamberlain // Bill Walton
Moses Malone //Elvin Hayes
Dr. J // George Gervin/ Carmelo Anthony
Ray Allen // Pistol Pete //Walt Frazier
John Stockton // Jason Kidd

Team B
Shaquille O’Neal // David Robinson
Tim Duncan // Glen Rice/Shawn Kemp
Scottie Pippen // Chris Mullin/
Clyde Drexler/Tracy McGrady/Mitch Richmond
Gary Payton// Mark Price

Vs.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Kevin Garnett // Pau Gasol//Andrei Kirilenko
Elgin Baylor // Alex English// Rick Barry
Jerry West // John Havlicek/Michael Cooper
Magic Johnson // Steve Nash

Here are the matchups. Send rotations how you want them in the matches.

Interesting how 2 of the matchups got screwed up, and both of them were mine. If I was slightly more paranoid...

Here's an idea for next year: A vintage or all-time draft, but we remove basically those who would go in the first round. So, if it's 16 teams, we remove the top 16 players (based maybe on basketballbraference or something). That prevents the way that MJ is ALWAYS in the finals. He's a cheat code in the thing.

Here's an idea for next year: A vintage or all-time draft, but we remove basically those who would go in the first round. So, if it's 16 teams, we remove the top 16 players (based maybe on basketballbraference or something). That prevents the way that MJ is ALWAYS in the finals. He's a cheat code in the thing.
Or just eliminate Jordan would be easier