What's new

Welcome Utah Jazz.....to the next 10 years of mediocrity!

oyster

This is going to be awesome....Some years they may make the playoffs (8th seed and loose in 4) or just barely miss the playoffs and get the 14th pick. Its going to be a fun ride. Now I know what a Buck fan feels like!

What do you mean "now" you know what it feels like to be a Bucks fan? Jazz have been mediocre almost every single year.

Its only now are they trying to do something about it.

In the past decade, I've only felt that we had a shot to compete for a championship in 06-07the and 07-08. Other than that, the Jazz have been that 10-8 seed quality. Here's to the tank!

In the past decade, I've only felt that we had a shot to compete for a championship in 06-07the and 07-08. Other than that, the Jazz have been that 10-8 seed quality. Here's to the tank!
The Jazz won 101 games and a playoff round over the 08/09 and 09/10 seasons in a tough Western Conference. That's 10-8 seed quality?

Oh my god people are so over dramatic. We won a game= A decade of mediocrity! I was listening to Zach Lowe on the BS report a few weeks ago, and he was saying basically, if a young team that intended to tank starts playing well, what can you do? It just means you've got good young players. He's kind of got a point, right? Trey Burke seems to be an actual NBA point guard. Gordon Hayward is a legit second option (and a great third option). Derrick Favors seems like he could be worth every penny of the contract. Alec Burks is an NBA player.

Oh my gosh we have good young talent. This sucks!

(and we're still going to get a high pick. All it takes is one injury--and there will be injuries. for this team to play well it depends on six, maybe seven certain players being healthy. If we don't have one of our core guys, we're sunk.)

Basically, let's just relax. Root for our guys to play well, win, and also be content when they don't. If we start playing too well that probably means we can move one of our veterans/have the Jazz Bear "accidentally" run over Burke's foot during a stunt.

Oh my god people are so over dramatic. We won a game= A decade of mediocrity! I was listening to Zach Lowe on the BS report a few weeks ago, and he was saying basically, if a young team that intended to tank starts playing well, what can you do? It just means you've got good young players. He's kind of got a point, right? Trey Burke seems to be an actual NBA point guard. Gordon Hayward is a legit second option (and a great third option). Derrick Favors seems like he could be worth every penny of the contract. Alec Burks is an NBA player.

Oh my gosh we have good young talent. This sucks!

(and we're still going to get a high pick. All it takes is one injury--and there will be injuries. for this team to play well it depends on six, maybe seven certain players being healthy. If we don't have one of our core guys, we're sunk.)

Basically, let's just relax. Root for our guys to play well, win, and also be content when they don't. If we start playing too well that probably means we can move one of our veterans/have the Jazz Bear "accidentally" run over Burke's foot during a stunt.

Exactly. I can't really be mad if they win. Will it be a missed opportunity if we miss out on these elite talents? Sure. That's just how life goes though.

We win, the sky is falling, the tank is over, welcome mediocrity. We lose, the sky is falling, we suck, fire Corbin, trade everyone...thats JazzFanz for you nowdays.

This is going to be awesome....Some years they may make the playoffs (8th seed and loose in 4) or just barely miss the playoffs and get the 14th pick. Its going to be a fun ride. Now I know what a Buck fan feels like!

Bucks fans are different because they have seen this crap now for long enough and they are rooting for the tank. Our fans are lost; stuck in the years of Stockton and Malone that they won't allow the franchise to rebuild vs. reshuffle on the fly. Don't get me wrong I like our young guys a lot. But, while we are in this position we might as well commit to the tank for one year to solidify our young rotation.

Last edited:
Bucks fans are different because they have seen this crap now for long enough and they are rooting for the tank. Our fans are lost stuck in the years of Stockton and Malone that they won't allow the franchise to rebuild vs. reshuffle on the fly. Don't get me wrong I like our young guys a lot. But, while we are in this position we might as well commit to the tank for one year to solidify our young rotation.

Many are also stuck in the Deron/Boozer era.

The Jazz won 101 games and a playoff round over the 08/09 and 09/10 seasons in a tough Western Conference. That's 10-8 seed quality?

08-09 season we were #8 seed and got steamrolled against the Lakers and 09/10 5th seed and swept against the Lakers. As I said... I'd say that outside of a few seasons over the past decade, we've been mediocre for the most part. No one though we had a chance to contend those years.