What's new

Well, now that we know that we are going to be playing San Antonio...

Matthew Thomas Castleton

should we rest our starters in basically a meaningless game tomorrow against Portland? I say yes. There is no point in risking injury to any of our key players by playing them heavy minutes. I would probably allow the starting five to start the game, but I would only play them in the 1st and 3rd quarters and let the reserves play the 2nd and 4th quarters. We probably will still beat Portland even if we rest our starters.

Let the Blake Ahearn experiment begin.

If they're gonna play Howard, he has to show something tomorrow night. Josh Howard single-handedy sucked the air out of the entire team in the beginning of the 2nd quarter last night. And the last time he was in San Antonio he threw up 16 shots in 25 minutes.

But the fact is they need another body to throw at Manu Ginobli. If Howard can come in an be a veteran presence without throwing up brick after brick, then he may prove a valuable piece.

While I have expressed doubts about Howard and while I'm convinced he's just out there for himself, he does deserve credit for saying and doing all the right things off the court.

Bell on the other hand should stay home and wait to get traded.

Let them rest the entire game. Go over film....draw up plays.....concentrate, concentrate, concentrate.....and we will still only win 1 of 5 games.

Let them rest the entire game. Go over film....draw up plays.....concentrate, concentrate, concentrate.....and we will still only win 1 of 5 games.

No damnit. I am drunk on the kool aid. Utah is coming for you San Antonio...hide if you can.

Let the Blake Ahearn experiment begin.

If they're gonna play Howard, he has to show something tomorrow night. Josh Howard single-handedy sucked the air out of the entire team in the beginning of the 2nd quarter last night. And the last time he was in San Antonio he threw up 16 shots in 25 minutes.

But the fact is they need another body to throw at Manu Ginobli. If Howard can come in an be a veteran presence without throwing up brick after brick, then he may prove a valuable piece.

While I have expressed doubts about Howard and while I'm convinced he's just out there for himself, he does deserve credit for saying and doing all the right things off the court.

Bell on the other hand should stay home and wait to get traded.

As deserved as some of the anti-Howard sentiment has been, he has a greater chance of providing a winning contribution in the post season than our D league starter. He was pretty good before he went out. I would not be surprised at all to see Howard inserted to the starting lineup starting tomorrow.

That's ok by me. I wouldn't expect ANY #8 seed to win more than a game. I don't see Denver doing much against OKC, nor do I see any teams competing against Chicago or Miami in the 1st round. I just want to see the Favors, Jefferson, Millsap lineup play well since I think that's the trio that needs to start next season.

I would not be surprised at all to see Howard inserted to the starting lineup starting tomorrow.

If Howard does play in the playoffs he absolutely has to start. Whatever success he's had this year has come as a starter and he will play more under control with the first squad.

Corbin said in his practice interview today that the guys who have been getting a lot of min are going to play a lot less in the Portland game. So we well be seeing extended min for Bell, Howard, Ahearn. And hopefully Kanter

Corbin said in his practice interview today that the guys who have been getting a lot of min are going to play a lot less in the Portland game. So we well be seeing extended min for Bell, Howard, Ahearn. And hopefully Kanter
That's good. Go with the starters for just the 1st quarter so they don't get rusty. Then put them on the bench for the rest of the game.
Burks should get a lot of PT too.

It's Portland. We just beat 'em by 21 in their place, they're on a 6-game losing streak, have an even worse road record than us, have recently been robbed of any idea of playing spoiler due to us getting locked into 8th, can't move up or down in the lottery either way, and are almost certainly going to be out there experimenting with rookies looking forward to next season too.

I'd still be a bit disappointed if we don't sweep the season series with a win, but it's a meaningless exhibition game for both teams, not just us. Granted, we have a little more immediacy in last-second things we want to tune up because this is the last actual team we face before San Antonio, while Portland plays us and then waits half a year before playing another club. Just treat it as a practice warm-up and they'll be fine.

Last edited:
Remember watching fuzzy Tiago Splitter videos of him when he was younger and seeing him projected as the #1 pick for like what seems 10 years?

Good times.

Start Kanter and Burks and play them 36-40 minutes. The game is essentially worthless for all intents and purposes and it would be some nice minutes for the rookies and maybe Chucker Howard.

Start Kanter and Burks and play them 36-40 minutes. The game is essentially worthless for all intents and purposes and it would be some nice minutes for the rookies and maybe Chucker Howard.

Ah Hogscake, I was hoping to see Kanter and Burks so they could make me unrealistically optimistic but I just remembered that Howard is going to be getting 40 minutes tommorow which mean he'll go off for 50 points on 100 shots.

Howard last game made CJ look like a pass-first PG. What was he thinking? Some of those shots weren't even close.

Howard last game made CJ look like a pass-first PG. What was he thinking? Some of those shots weren't even close.

IMO he was attempting to shoot himself back into form. Also one of those bad shots looked to me like an attempt to draw a foul. FWIW.

Yeah, since when has CJ passed on the fast break? He usually goes for some impossible dunk and gets called on charging.

Yeah, since when has CJ passed on the fast break? He usually goes for some impossible dunk and gets called on charging.

He has had many a nice pass during his career, sometimes he doesn't pass.

You can physically see Howard stare down the person he should be passing to, then like freezes for a second thinking in his head "****, I should have passed that. Oh well I guess I have to shoot now".