What's new

Wells Report concluded that the Patriots violated rules and Tom Brady was aware

You should check out the rate of fumbles NE had compared to other teams before and after they allowed teams to bring their footballs to away games. The chances of that happening and them not cheating is pretty damn low. They've cheated before, and they'll do it again. It's just what Belicheck does.

I think the NFL went a little light on Brady. But the punishment overall seems fair. While I feel the league went light on Brady they hammered the Patriots. 1M bucks and a 1st and 4th round draft pick is pretty steep. I thought Brady would get 6+ games and they would go lighter on the franchise.

It's the cheatriots what did you expect to be the outcome? That they were innocent? Fat chance of that being the case. The only reason the wells report did not name Belicheat as the mastermind behind it is that they had no evidence. But because their conclusions have little proof they will get off with no penalty. Why do you think they waited till after the draft to announce this? So that they did not take ridicule for not taking away draft picks from them.
I was wrong here. The NFL took this more serious than I thought. Though after I posted this and read more I began believing a punishment would be handed down.

No punishment will come close to satisfying a majority of NFL fans. My prediction? A fine and the loss of a couple of draft picks.
I think the punishment actually went a long way to satisfying most fans. Patriots fans will be pissed and division rivals of the Patriots will feel it's light. But overall I think most fans will be satisfied with this ruling.

image.jpg

The Patriots probably weren't cheating though guys. This probably had little to no effect guys.

I love Patriots fans.

Personally I love it. Suck it Pats and suck it Pats fans! Now brady and Belicheck will always have a * by their name as cheaters. hahaha

My quick and final take on this is this: the air in the balls, unless it's the balls the placekicker is using, have little it ANY advantage whether they are low or a tad bit high! I think the punishment far exceeded the infraction and was entirely excessive! The appeal will reduce the games lost by Brady to two if not more! And finally, this subject will be discussed on sports talk shows longer than the O.J. Simpson trail and verdict!

My quick and final take on this is this: the air in the balls, unless it's the balls the placekicker is using, have little it ANY advantage whether they are low or a tad bit high! I think the punishment far exceeded the infraction and was entirely excessive! The appeal will reduce the games lost by Brady to two if not more! And finally, this subject will be discussed on sports talk shows longer than the O.J. Simpson trail and verdict!

Absolutely incorrect. It makes a considerable difference in being able to catch the ball, as well as cutting down fumbles. If the ball is dry and the weather is warm, then it doesn't matter as much, but in cold weather and with a wet ball, it definitely makes a difference. People don't usually cheat for no reason.

If it made no difference then they are pretty stupid to get caught intentionally cheating for no advantage. The punishment did not come close to far exceeding the infraction when it has to do with the integrity of the game. IMO I think they went light on Brady. And the Pats actually make money not lose money with their fine. Only thing making this punishment acceptable is the loss of picks for 2 time proven cheaters.

Absolutely incorrect.

Absolutely disagree! The amount of air we are talking about is so minute that it's hardly discernible to the naked eye or the hand of flesh holding it! We are not talking about a "flat football" or a "rock hard" football where the difference is tangible. Aaron Rogers says he likes his footballs overinflated a tad bit. Some like them under-inflated a tad bit! Weather conditions aside, the difference is negligible! What the Wells report should have concluded and the punishment administered was: "The Seattle Sea Hawk coach is suspended for the first 4 games of the 2015-2016 season.....for handing the Patriots the Super Bowl on a silver platter because of his ludicrous play call at the end of the game for throwing the ball instead of running it!"

Absolutely disagree! The amount of air we are talking about is so minute that it's hardly discernible to the naked eye or the hand of flesh holding it! We are not talking about a "flat football" or a "rock hard" football where the difference is tangible. Aaron Rogers says he likes his footballs overinflated a tad bit. Some like them under-inflated a tad bit! Weather conditions aside, the difference is negligible! What the Wells report should have concluded and the punishment administered was: "The Seattle Sea Hawk coach is suspended for the first 4 games of the 2015-2016 season.....for handing the Patriots the Super Bowl on a silver platter because of his ludicrous play call at the end of the game for throwing the ball instead of running it!"

Nothing like embracing your wrongness. Way to own it.

Check out those graphs I posted if you think the balls made no difference.

...so your saying that the Patriots beating the Colts last year in the playoffs by 40 points...was due to the under inflated balls Brady used in the 1st half?

I think I get what you are saying. Brady and company are complete idiots for cheating in a way that doesn't make any difference. Maybe I was giving them too much credit.

...so your saying that the Patriots beating the Colts last year in the playoffs by 40 points...was due to the under inflated balls Brady used in the 1st half?

No, but perhaps them beating Baltimore was influenced by this specific cheating. Pats were down by 14 to the Ravens in that game, twice. So with out this cheating (this is where the integrity of the game comes in) it might very well have been Baltimore @ Indy with the SuperBowl on the line.

Also the out come of how many regular season games that affected seeding and home field advantage in the playoffs...

No, but perhaps them beating Baltimore was influenced by this specific cheating. Pats were down by 14 to the Ravens in that game, twice. So with out this cheating (this is where the integrity of the game comes in) it might very well have been Baltimore @ Indy with the SuperBowl on the line.

Also the out come of how many regular season games that affected seeding and home field advantage in the playoffs...
And this is why the penalty was not severe enough. The cheating combined with not cooperating added with attacking the investigator because of the finding's should have been more harshly punished.