ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
Serious question.

Are we trying to make the playoffs?

Or another ‘soft tank’ year?

What?

I mean if we’re:

- persisting with fringe NBA guards like THT, Sexton, Dunn, ..

- None of whose can actually play the point effectively.. turnovers galore…

- and ended up fielding a 4 guard line up who can’t get rebound to save their lives…

I feel like we’re wasting away Lauri’s best years.

We don't have our draft pick. We're not tanking. We're seeing what we have and waiting for a superstar to become available that's worth going all-in on.

We don't have our draft pick. We're not tanking. We're seeing what we have and waiting for a superstar to become available that's worth going all-in on.
Ouch. I forgot about the no draft pick thing.

Makes it worse thinking we’re playing to win this year with this roster.

Bummer.

Ainge looks to be in asset accumulation mode which is fine for a team that just traded their two stars last summer. I really like the potential of some of the young kids especially Kessler and Keyonte.

With that said they have Lauri entering the prime of his career and don't currently appear to be anywhere close to being a top 6-8 team in the WC.

They keep their pick if they finish in the bottom 10 of the league.

It's looking like a good bet they will again be very active as we get near the trade deadline.

Beyond all that I really have no idea what's the point except a new season just started and as a member in good standing of the NBA they are technically required to run out a team.

This season should still be focused on rebuilding and getting all of our young guys consistent minutes. Hopefully this season gets out of control real quick so that we move Clarkson and Olynyk to clear out consistent minutes for more guys.

Ainge looks to be in asset accumulation mode which is fine for a team that just traded their two stars last summer. I really like the potential of some of the young kids especially Kessler and Keyonte.

With that said they have Lauri entering the prime of his career and don't currently appear to be anywhere close to being a top 6-8 team in the WC.

They keep their pick if they finish in the bottom 10 of the league.

It's looking like a good bet they will again be very active as we get near the trade deadline.

Beyond all that I really have no idea what's the point except a new season just started and as a member in good standing of the NBA they are technically required to run out a team.
I’m sitting here watching the Spurs already looking good to go with Wemby and I’m wondering if weren’t going to be good for 2-3 years, why didn’t we tank properly last year for a chance at Wemby?

We’re we too scared to upset Adam Silver?

It’s top ten protected. If tonight’s any indication we will for sure have that pick.
I think they're pretty set on having it convey this year. '24 is supposed to be weak, '25 is supposed to be deep. Of course, you have Ainge saying, "I like the '24 draft even more than '23," but given that everyone else is saying the '24 draft is weak it's hard to not take that as a smokescreen.

Simply put, Olynyk/THT/JC/Sexton are reminiscent of the Big AL/Millsap/Richard Jefferson/Devin Harris/Marvin Williams from Corbin era.

Don't make that same mistake again

I think they're pretty set on having it convey this year. '24 is supposed to be weak, '25 is supposed to be deep. Of course, you have Ainge saying, "I like the '24 draft even more than '23," but given that everyone else is saying the '24 draft is weak it's hard to not take that as a smokescreen.
You need to stop listening to these idiots saying the 24 draft is weak. There are a bunch of really good prospects projected in the top 10. We may be looking at a top 5 pick though which would be sweet.

OTOH Jazz have zero picks in '24 and will have 3 FRPs in '25.

If Alex Sarr is as good a prospect as Embiid then I can potentially see why they would want a chance to draft him next June.

There was no pressure on the FO to do anything because they exceeded expectations the year before. It was all hunky dory, "I love this team!" type of stuff last year. This league is all about results vs expectations. The last years of Mitchell/Gobert had it's own flavor of misery. It wasn't because it was a bad team but high expectations. People enjoyed last season with no expectations, but that can only last so long. I've always thought that bulk of hardcore fans are happier when the team is tanking because they will follow the team no matter what and you either win or you win. But this is not a tanking team, so there is an expectation to actually win something. Even if the Jazz are able to make the playoffs, are people happy getting wrecked in the playoffs? Probably not. I feel like the Jazz would have a season similar to the Kings last year to feel satisfying. Good regular season + feisty playoff series.....but how realistic is that?

As much as it sucks, this season's disappointment will force the FO into making moves forward. I feel like we will look back at this season as an idle year, but luckily have some ammo to make things happen.