What's new

What’s with the hate for Donovan Mitchell?

Get help man. It is not all fans. It is not a majority. It is just a few online weirdos who obsess about Donovan. It does not represent the typical fan. This forum and Twitter is an echo chamber detached from reality which hyperventilates about the smallest dumbest imagined slight or issue.

So here are some other thoughts about why some, potentially, “hate” on Donovan. Again, I think this is a small subset of a subset of that feel this way. My guess is that most Jazz fans think Don is the coolest. But anywaysss…

(1) there was a honeymoon period where Don was all into Utah and all into being in Utah. Crashing BBQs, hitting up local college football games, opening a Stance store, etc. Like all honeymoon periods, it just kinda organically ended. When all of this stopped happening, it triggered that insecure, paranoid part of every Utah sports fan’s brain that’s conditioned to think “everyone hates Utah and no one wants to be here.” So rather than enjoy Donovan, a part of Utah collectively turned on Donovan to make him the villain to make it less painful if/when he left.
(2) the alternative and simplest explanation is that the on-court performance of the team has not lived up to expectations, which always leads to situations like this.

It’s probably some combination of these.
Or maybe it's just that he's a drama queen.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app