What's new

What about Greg Oden?

Mongoose

Def a min salary guy, fairly young and potential upside. Obviously it's a risk, but it could potentially be a big "F.U." to Portland, which I like.

I don't see him signing here when there is reported interest from the Heat and Spurs.

Is Gobert going overseas for a year? or is he staying on the roster?

If he's staying, pfffffffffffffff

If he's going.. throw the guy a bone.

Is Gobert going overseas for a year? or is he staying on the roster?

If he's staying, pfffffffffffffff

If he's going.. throw the guy a bone.
The plan is for Gobert to be in Utah this season. Lindsey said it was "open-ended" with Raul Lopez, I mean Neto. Gobert is extremely raw; he's the 4th big at this point. Jazz will still sign another big (please don't let it be Millsap!).

Either the Heat or Spurs would be great for him regarding a ring, but no one is better than the Suns at rejuvenating career. Most recently, Jermaine O'Neal.

The plan is for Gobert to be in Utah this season. Lindsey said it was "open-ended" with Raul Lopez, I mean Neto. Gobert is extremely raw; he's the 4th big at this point. Jazz will still sign another big (please don't let it be Millsap!).

4th big is optimistic. He going to struggle to rebound and score. Those things are fairly important.

4th big is optimistic. He going to struggle to rebound and score. Those things are fairly important.
Kanter struggled his 1st year. He played about 10 mins/per. I can see Gobert getting similar opportunities. The Jazz are going to be on the south end of several blowouts, especially on the road. There will be plenty of "garbage" time available.

So Evans and Gobert will be the frontcourt in garbage time this year. Defensively that could be very interesting.
I wonder which of the two has the higher jumping reach?

Pogo, no contest!

Last summer Evans hit 12'2.5" at P3.
All I can find on Gobert is a generic "He can touch 12 feet". Anyone see anything more specific than that anywhere?
I want to see Gobert replicate Evans block-dunk-block move from last year against the Clips.

Kanter struggled his 1st year. He played about 10 mins/per. I can see Gobert getting similar opportunities. The Jazz are going to be on the south end of several blowouts, especially on the road. There will be plenty of "garbage" time available.

Utah is going to be that bad in your eyes?

Utah is going to be that bad in your eyes?

30 wins or so. I think they'll be a decent home team (.500) but winning on the road is always hard for young teams. We haven't had an offense since Sloan left, other than pass it to Al. There will be games when Utah struggles to score 70 points. Just look at what Portland did with their ROY in Lillard and a supporting cast of Aldridge, Batum and Matthews: 33 wins. And when the best guys off the bench are Evans and Carroll, you know you have a very weak second unit.

If he gets his knees back he'll be competing with Burke for ROY.