What's new

What about trading for the 2nd Overall Pick?

Why would we not? Honestly, a trade has to be even both ways. You cant just trade garbage for a high draft pick. Hayward gives them an incentive for the trade. If you draft Brandon Knight and Derrick Williams. Then you have solid depth at the frontcourt because we retain Millsap and you have depth at small forward with CJ Miles. Plus Brandon Knight can play with Harris.

Worst thread in recent memory. Mods lock to salvage any pride the OP might have left.

No player in this draft is worth giving up Hayward. Seriously are you joking or crazy? The Jazz are going to get one player they want so how does moving up one spot really help them. One of them, Irving, Williams or Kanter, will be a Jazzman. There is no reason to give away Hayward.

No player in this draft is worth giving up Hayward. Seriously are you joking or crazy? The Jazz are going to get one player they want so how does moving up one spot really help them. One of them, Irving, Williams or Kanter, will be a Jazzman. There is no reason to give away Hayward.

Well in OPs defense, He is suggesting getting the 2nd pick and keeping the 3rd pick. That said, bad deal for us

Well in OPs defense, He is suggesting getting the 2nd pick and keeping the 3rd pick. That said, bad deal for us

I guess I just skimmed it, then.

It's not the worst thing I've ever read. "Holy ****" still applies, however.

tumblr_l95zexMVU51qzdf0go1_500.gif

And thats all I have to say about that...

Why the hell would we do that?

Can we lock this thread and ban this poster please?

so posters are only allowed on jazzfanz if they agree with you?

for what it's worth, minny would turn down that trade before the jazz would. look at the historical cost of moving up even a couple spots in the draft and you'll realize that the cost of moving up 10 spots if FAR higher than a hayward+memo combination. memo missed 69 games last year, played poorly in the other 13, and his career is going in one direction from here. hayward is a wildly unproven commodity who plays a position where minnesota has plenty of young talent. no way those two guys allow us to move from 12 to 2.

and that's without even taking into account that minny would also be giving us a backup PG that has had some success there.

My bad. I thought he wanted the Jazz to swap the third with the second. It is not that bad of an idea but I still want to keep Hayward. If I were going to make the deal I would definitely trade for Williams and Kanter instead of Knight. There is no reason to take Flynn if we are going to draft a PG. I would rather give them CJ (vet) Bell (vet), Memo (vet and expiring) and GS pick next year and the rights to Tomic. If I had to sweeten the pot I would consider giving them the 12th pick or Millsap too. Ok I am getting greedy but one can dream.

for what it's worth, minny would turn down that trade before the jazz would. look at the historical cost of moving up even a couple spots in the draft and you'll realize that the cost of moving up 10 spots if FAR higher than a hayward+memo combination. memo missed 69 games last year, played poorly in the other 13, and his career is going in one direction from here. hayward is a wildly unproven commodity who plays a position where minnesota has plenty of young talent. no way those two guys allow us to move from 12 to 2.

and that's without even taking into account that minny would also be giving us a backup PG that has had some success there.

We need less garbage on the internet as it is.

We don't need more of these stupid trade threads that make no sense.

It gets so tiring entering onto these boards watching stupid threads created (just for shock value) offering Lebron James for Ronnie Price. Crap like that. We just don't need that. For the sake of convenience, lets cut down on these worthless trade threads created to only be an annoyance.

he didn't propose price for lebron. and if you think the internet is full of trash, i invite you to turn off your computer and walk outside. this is a message board for hell's sake.

three first round picks? that means three new guaranteed salaries for unproven players. the team is already too young.

the last time the Jazz had three first rounders, KOC traded one of the picks (Podkolzin) for a future pick. if he is satisfied with whomever the Jazz pick at three (or wherever) this time, i wouldn't be surprised if he trades the 2nd pick for a first rounder next year.

Minnesota has been trying to dump Flynn. He may never be the player he was before he hurt his hip. I know if Memo was healthy then there would be a better chance of this happening. However both teams are taking a big chance on injured players. I haven't looked at the contracts but I believe Flynn has a few more years. A lineup of Rubio, Wesley Johnson, Beasley, Kevin Love and Darko isn't a bad lineup. The problem with the Wolves is they lack depth on the bench and a veterans presences they can lean on in close games. The Wolves lost a lot of games due to their inexperience and lack of depth. I agree the 12th pick isn't enough but Minnesota is not looking to add any more youth. I am sure that the T-Wolves can get a better offer but I am not willing to give up Hayward. I would be willing to gamble that the GS pick next year isn't going to be that great and I would throw it into the deal. I would even trade Millsap but I don't know where he fits on their team.

Millsap and the 12th for Minnesota's #2 & #20 would make more sense from the Jazz standpoint. Then selecting Williams and Knight and another bench player @20. I doubt Sap fits in Minnesota though.