What's new

What are Republicans doing to Unify the country?

The tiki-torch Anti-Semitic slimeballs are your peeps, not Trump's.
As I see it, one presidential candidate, and the 45th president, gave permission for Americans to hate “the other”. It was Trump, not Biden who, in his rhetoric, in his behavior at his rallies, encouraged “hatred of the other”. Did not even have to be anti-Semitic himself. He was the candidate where anger at the status quo resided. Both in 2016 and 2020. Bigots of all stripes will be, and were, supportive of the candidate who encouraged anger at the system, anger at the status quo, and like many effective demagogues, acted the part himself. For this reason, I find it not at all believable to think the Charlottesville Tiki Torch brigade would vote for Biden.
Okay, so you found someone on the internet who was willing to flat out lie to tell you what you wanted to hear

Well, so did you. We all do, myself included. Look for confirmation of our positions, that is. Knowing this, or believing this, is one reason I have felt understanding any possible “nature” differences between liberals and conservatives, in the “nature vs.nurture” debate might help all of us understand, that if some of our differences are conditioned by differences in our brains, that would actually help us be kinder in our dialog, which let’s face it, is poisonous in tone, both on social media, and within the culture wars. To the point where each side sees the other as an existential threat.

We all respond to what we want to hear. I believe the Tiki guys were hearing that “hatred of the other” was fine and dandy in the America Donald Trump was promoting. Making it very hard for me to believe they gravitated naturally to Biden, rather than it’s only natural for them to vote Trump.

I believe the Tiki guys were hearing that “hatred of the other” was fine and dandy in the America Donald Trump was promoting. Making it very hard for me to believe they gravitated naturally to Biden, rather than it’s only natural for them to vote Trump.
Then you, my friend, have blinders on. The news is full of stories right now about lefties on college campuses rhetorically, and occasionally physically, attacking Jews. It wasn’t the American political right pushing to withhold weapons shipments to Israel. That was Biden. There are currently two members of Congress who have been censured for their Antisemitism, both are democrats.

Trump has vowed to “immediately deport” any international students participating in the aforementioned anti-Israel protests on college campuses. Trump has been saying Israel has a job to do and they need to do it. Trump’s favorite daughter is proudly married into a Jewish family and Trump has been the most pro-Israel President in our nation’s history.

Without question, the center of Anti-Semitic Zeitgeist in 2024 America is firmly left of center. Most of it is even to the left of Biden. They are more likely to want to see Trump put up against a wall and shot than to see him elected to a second term.

That would be the side of Richard Spencer, endorser of Biden. The entire Charlottesville rally where that chant happened was organized by the same group who organized Occupy Wall Street. The sentiment carries through to today where the most Anti-Semitic students and environments are in the left-most college campuses. Illhan Omar has been censured for her Anti-Semitism.

It is hilarious see you try to use the brush against Trump whose daughter is married into a Jewish family.

The tiki-torch Anti-Semitic slimeballs are your peeps, not Trump's.

You mean the daughter who wants nothing to do with him?

The news is full of stories right now about lefties on college campuses rhetorically, and occasionally physically, attacking Jews.
I’m also running into stories of quite a few college teachers being terminated over pro Palestinian remarks in class…usually those without tenure..

Last edited:
“Whenever my wife feels insulted by neighbors, the natural response isn’t to kick that neighbor’s ***. It’s to turn our flag upside down. Oh and at our other house, fly the flag that’s been used for years by Christian nationalists. Oh and skip out on Biden’s inauguration….

Please believe me that I like totally wasn’t pro Trump.”

I’m also running into stories of quite a few college teachers being terminated over pro Palestinian remarks in class…usually those without tenure..
Yes they are, and that is good to see. I guarantee you that none of those professors being terminated for their support of those killing Jews are Trump supporters. All of them, every single one, is a lefty.

None of these lefty pro-Palestinian professors were getting released before Republican Elise Stefanik embarrassed the Presidents of Harvard, MIT, and UPenn, with two of the three losing their jobs over it. Now some sanity has been restored. It is heartening to see the core of the political left hasn't lost their minds, and are willing to enforce a line on lefty behavior that is beyond what is acceptable.

Then you, my friend, have blinders on. The news is full of stories right now about lefties on college campuses rhetorically, and occasionally physically, attacking Jews. It wasn’t the American political right pushing to withhold weapons shipments to Israel. That was Biden. There are currently two members of Congress who have been censured for their Antisemitism, both are democrats.
This is true. I believe it’s largely due to present circumstances in Gaza, broadcast everywhere. I think its wrong that American Jews are being attacked over the Israeli governments response in Gaza to the 10/7 attack by Hamas. There will never be an excuse for it in my world. I don’t know how much is a function of college youth not even knowing what the Holocaust was, but there is no excuse good enough. Ever.

But, I certainly understand why Israeli’s response, at this distance from 10/7, and any sympathetic response from much of the world to 10/7, would recede and what has dominated the news since, thousands of innocent Palestinian civilians killed, would ascend in importance, and would certainly, and understandably, generate left leaning protest against Israel’s war on Gaza. It’s just not difficult to understand such a response.

Historically, American Jews have been at the forefront of left leaning protest movements in the United States. And, also historically, it is the right, and bigots like Henry Ford, hardly a leftist, who have led anti-Semitic sentiment in the United States.

So, where I must differ with your linkage of leftist and anti-Semitism is that college campuses, historically, have not been the epicenter of anti-Semitism in the United States. I agree with those criticizing the Israeli government, and I’m not in the least surprised that the Left would lead such protest. Or that it would include Jewish students protesting Netanyahu as well as non Jews. It’s an expected stance from the Left, and I do support those protests.

Attacks on American Jews is as wrong as it gets. But the protests themselves are understandable, to some of us anyway. Historically, though, anti-Semitism in the United States has not been the calling card of Leftists or liberals. And I do not believe the guys chanting “Jews will not replace us” were youthful college liberals. And I do believe it was Trump who granted approval of hate groups on the Right. Blessed them, so to speak. He was, and remains, the candidate encouraging bigotry, toward certain “others”, including fellow Americans by the sounds of his speeches at recent rallies.

This is true. I believe it’s largely due to present circumstances in Gaza, broadcast everywhere. I think its wrong that American Jews are being attacked over the Israeli governments response in Gaza to the 10/7 attack by Hamas. There will never be an excuse for it in my world. I don’t know how much is a function of college youth not even knowing what the Holocaust was, but there is no excuse good enough. Ever.

But, I certainly understand why Israeli’s response, at this distance from 10/7, and any sympathetic response from much of the world to 10/7, would recede and what has dominated the news since, thousands of innocent Palestinian civilians killed, would ascend in importance, and would certainly, and understandably, generate left leaning protest against Israel’s war on Gaza. It’s just not difficult to understand such a response.

Historically, American Jews have been at the forefront of left leaning protest movements in the United States. And, also historically, it is the right, and bigots like Henry Ford, hardly a leftist, who have led anti-Semitic sentiment in the United States.

So, where I must differ with your linkage of leftist and anti-Semitism is that college campuses, historically, have not been the epicenter of anti-Semitism in the United States. I agree with those criticizing the Israeli government, and I’m not in the least surprised that the Left would lead such protest. Or that it would include Jewish students protesting Netanyahu as well as non Jews. It’s an expected stance from the Left, and I do support those protests.

Attacks on American Jews is as wrong as it gets. But the protests themselves are understandable, to some of us anyway. Historically, though, anti-Semitism in the United States has not been the calling card of Leftists or liberals. And I do not believe the guys chanting “Jews will not replace us” were youthful college liberals. And I do believe it was Trump who granted approval of hate groups on the Right. Blessed them, so to speak. He was, and remains, the candidate encouraging bigotry, toward certain “others”, including fellow Americans by the sounds of his speeches at recent rallies.
Those who claim Israel/Palestinian issue to be the issue swerving towards Trump, the “unite the reich” candidate who recently dined with Nazi Nick Fuentes and Kanye West, were going to do so anyway. If it weren’t Gaza, it would’ve been something else. They were just looking for an excuse. In my experience, tax cuts and conservative judges to win culture wars against women and minorities. It’s what makes authoritarianism so potent. You can always find an out group, whether they be Jews, Muslims, Catholics, Mormons, blacks, LGBTs, etc for the rubes to bash and you can always bribe rich people with tax cuts and deregulation.

So, where I must differ with your linkage of leftist and anti-Semitism is that college campuses, historically, have not been the epicenter of anti-Semitism in the United States.
Maybe not in your day, but college campuses over the past decade have been hotbeds for anti-Semitism. Here is an article from about 10 years ago from UC Davis describing the treatment of Jewish students by other UC Davis students in the meeting where the UC Davis student government passed an anti-Israel divestment resolution, and subsequently the Jewish frat was spray-painted with swastikas.

At UC Berkeley, probably one of the leftmost college campuses in the country, they had effectively created Jew-free zones. One night a year ago, some students dumped shellfish on a Jewish fraternity on the evening before Shabbat, a Jewish holiday. This was *BEFORE* the October 7 attack and subsequent events. Your claims that this has been motivated by Israel's response is balderdash. The Anti-Semites were already there on the campuses. The claims of genocide in Gaza is just the new thing they're saying.

I can see how intense the desire you have to lump these awful people in with Trump supporters, but the reality is that the center of Anti-Semitic Zeitgeist in 2024 America is firmly left of center. Whatever things may or may not have been historically, the stance of things of here, now, today aren't debatable. They are Biden voters. Douglas Murry nailed it on Bill Maher's show a couple weeks ago when he said Biden with regards to Israel was motivated by seeking a two state solution, with those two states being Minnesota and Wisconsin which he needs to win to hold on to power.

Last edited:
Maybe not in your day, but college campuses over the past decade have been hotbeds for anti-Semitism. Here is an article from about 10 years ago from UC Davis describing the treatment of Jewish students by other UC Davis students in the meeting where the UC Davis student government passed an anti-Israel divestment resolution, and subsequently the Jewish frat was spray-painted with swastikas.

At UC Berkeley, probably one of the leftmost college campuses in the country, they had effectively created Jew-free zones. One night a year ago, some students dumped shellfish on a Jewish fraternity on the evening before Shabbat, a Jewish holiday. This was *BEFORE* the October 7 attack and subsequent events. Your claims that this has been motivated by Israel's response is balderdash. The Anti-Semites were already there on the campuses. The claims of genocide in Gaza is just the new thing they're saying.

I can see how intense the desire you have to lump these awful people in with Trump supporters, but the reality is that the center of Anti-Semitic Zeitgeist in 2024 America is firmly left of center. Whatever things may or may not have been historically, the stance of things of here, now, today aren't debatable. They are Biden voters. Douglas Murry nailed it on Bill Maher's show a couple weeks ago when he said Biden with regards to Israel was motivated by seeking a two state solution, with those two states being Minnesota and Wisconsin which he needs to win to hold on to power.
What motivates "leftists" to be antisemitic?

Nothing other than maybe proximity to other Anti-Semites. I think you have the causation backwards. The question is 'what causes Anti-Semites to be leftists?'

I suspect the answer in 2024 is that leftists have a greater affinity for collectivism than does the political right. Racism is a bigotry against a racial collective and fits more easily with those who see the world in collective terms, hence the Anti-Semites of today gravitate leftwards.

Those on the left tend to be more concerned with the two state solution and are fueled primarily through concerns/hatred of Zionism. The left’s anti-semitism is on the fringe. It isn’t mainstream.

Meanwhile, the right’s anti-semitism is mainstream. It has taken over the gop. In fact, other than tax cuts for the rich, what else better describes what the GOP is for these days other than xenophobia? The right consumes anti-Semitic slurs on the regular from Tucker, Fox News, infowars, and Donald Trump. Insert the name “Rothschilds” for “Soros” and it’s literally the same conspiracies as 100 years ago. The right’s anti-semitism Is fueled by good old fashioned racism. Like this:
(Ppppsss, telling Jewish people that they like money and like being puppet masters is like the anti-semitism 101)

View: https://youtu.be/s4_Y3YIN43c?feature=shared

Reactions: Red
Maybe not in your day
For sure.
I can see how intense the desire you have to lump these awful people in with Trump supporters, but the reality is that the center of Anti-Semitic Zeitgeist in 2024 America is firmly left of center
Yes, I may be looking for confirmation bias. Best I can do is provide food for thought. I do agree antisemitism is found from one end of the political spectrum to the other.

Prior to 10/7:
https://forward.com/fast-forward/549006/jews-far-left-far-right-antisemitic-study/

“Your claims that this has been motivated by Israel's response is balderdash”.

I can’t agree with this. It had everything to do with what happened on college campuses.

People respond to ongoing outrages. When Hamas attacked on 10/7, people responded with shock, alarm, sympathy. This was followed soon after by months of tv images of Gaza, which will galvanize many in the world against such a disproportionate response. The ongoing response now is not the actions of 10/7. The ongoing now is killing innocent people in Gaza. And many responded. Among faculty and students on college campuses. And among the international community. People are responding to a rain of death from the air that just won’t stop. With Hamas reappearing in northern Gaza again.

I recall you once posted that the people of Gaza support Hamas, despite the bombs, so we need not put “Israel must stop killing the innocents” as a reason for Israeli to stop. I would say, one, I am not surprised if Gaza Palestinians still support Israel, Hamas are the ones attacking their oppressors. More importantly, just because Gaza Palestinians still support Hamas is no reason for Netanyahu to “oblige” and kill civilians that are in the way. Palestinian citizens not denouncing Hamas is not actually a good enough reason, there is no good enough reason, for Netanyahu to kill innocent people by the tens of thousands.

People around the world objecting to indiscriminate killing isn’t strange.

If one is arguing that people are appalled at what Israel is doing in Gaza because they are anti-Semitic, I do not believe antisemitism is a requirement to be appalled at carnage, and I feel your statement ignores an obvious reality.

Last edited:
can anyone find a single reference to the Palestinian authority or other leading body of the Palestinians unequivocally stating they want a two state setup or any time in history that Palestinian leadership have accepted a proposed two state peace proposal ?? Genuine question, i don't know

Yes, I may be looking for confirmation bias. Best I can do is provide food for thought. I do agree antisemitism is found from one end of the political spectrum to the other.
It may be found from one end of the political spectrum to the other, but right now, today, in 2024, the prevalence of Anti-Semitic acts committed by those on the political right and left is far from equal. Per the article you posted from TheConversation: "In the U.S., our data shows that 95% of antisemitic incidents motivated by Israel’s policies were perpetrated by far-left or unidentified activists. Just 5% were perpetrated by known far-right activists."

Trump is the most pro-Israel President in our nation's history. The Anti-Semites of 2024 are more likely to want to see Trump put against a wall and shot than to win a second term in office. The tiki torch morons of 2017 are campaigning for Biden in 2024. The question you have to ask yourself is if you want to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them if you knew their support was the only way to keep Trump out of office? How much are your morals worth?

It may be found from one end of the political spectrum to the other, but right now, today, in 2024, the prevalence of Anti-Semitic acts committed by those on the political right and left is far from equal. Per the article you posted from TheConversation: "In the U.S., our data shows that 95% of antisemitic incidents motivated by Israel’s policies were perpetrated by far-left or unidentified activists. Just 5% were perpetrated by known far-right activists."

Trump is the most pro-Israel President in our nation's history. The Anti-Semites of 2024 are more likely to want to see Trump put against a wall and shot than to win a second term in office. The tiki torch morons of 2017 are campaigning for Biden in 2024. The question you have to ask yourself is if you want to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them if you knew their support was the only way to keep Trump out of office? How much are your morals worth?
I get a kick out of thinking how clever you must have been feeling when you wrote that post.

It’s important to remember these things in Memorial Day.

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, near Paris, in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.
When McCain died, in August 2018, Trump told his senior staff, according to three sources with direct knowledge of this event, “We’re not going to support that loser’s funeral,” and he became furious, according to witnesses, when he saw flags lowered to half-staff. “What the **** are we doing that for? Guy was a ****ing loser,”

Is this who you want to be in the White House again this coming fall? Please remember what he’s said about those who have died for this country and vote accordingly this November.