What's new

What are Republicans doing to Unify the country?

If he beat out Trump for the 2024 nomination, I admit I would have to see that as a positive.
Not me. Trump sucks and most of america knows it at this point. There is no way he would win another presidential election. Pretty sure the vast majority of our population doesn't want to go through that again.
If trump wins the republican nomination then I guess I'm gonna have to vote again even though I prefer not to.

Also, odds are he will be dead before 2024. He is already past the average life expectancy, has a horrible diet, doesn't exercise at all (he literally believes that exercise is bad for you lol), doesn't sleep nearly enough, and is a very stressed out and angry individual.

Not me. Trump sucks and most of america knows it at this point. There is no way he would win another presidential election. Pretty sure the vast majority of our population doesn't want to go through that again.
If trump wins the republican nomination then I guess I'm gonna have to vote again even though I prefer not to.

Also, odds are he will be dead before 2024. He is already past the average life expectancy, has a horrible diet, doesn't exercise at all (he literally believes that exercise is bad for you lol), doesn't sleep nearly enough, and is a very stressed out and angry individual.
Will I get banned again if I say I'm rooting for that?

Just say you are rooting for father time. That seems ok

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
sA4Q08q.jpg

We’re now 2 years past Jan 6, Trump is the GOP frontrunner for 2024, and we’re headed towards a debt default, my question still stands.

What have republicans done to heal the divisions of our country? Cox what are they doing to unite the country? Are they putting good legislation forward? Finding solutions to problems? Or just serving hateful red meat, spreading insane conspiracies, and performing for Fox News, country be damned?

Last edited:
We’re now 2 years past Jan 6 and we’re headed towards a debt default, my question still stands.

What have republicans done to heal the divisions of our country? Cox what are they doing to unite the country? Are they putting good legislation forward? Finding solutions to problems? Or just serving hateful red meat like calling for “eradicating” people and performing for Fox News, country be damned?
I heard on ksl radio on my drive home Kevin Mcarthy literally say "we will not work with president biden or the democrats"
Doesn't matter if the democrats or biden have a good idea. Doesn't matter if the republicans even agree with and want the same thing. Cant work with the democrats or biden is the main thing for them it would appear.

I heard on ksl radio on my drive home Kevin Mcarthy literally say "we will not work with president biden or the democrats"
Doesn't matter if the democrats or biden have a good idea. Doesn't matter if the republicans even agree with and want the same thing. Cant work with the democrats or biden is the main thing for them it would appear.
Another symptom of how far we have fallen as a republic. The politicians no longer work for the people. Not that it was ever that strong in terms of representation, but it was a damn sight stronger than right now. I wonder what the first shreds of the republic will be we fully lose? It seems the SC set up is primed for allowing the governmental structure to be torn apart right now. The dissidents are all aligned in all branches of government except the executive right now. This is where the genius of the format established by the founding fathers comes into its own, as at least one branch is there to reign in the others. Now, if we lose this whole thing to the republicans there is not a lot to stop them from starting to tear down the fabric of our republic bit by bit. The really ****ing crazy thing is this is not that far-fetched. If you told me 10 years ago that we would be facing a very real possibility of this kind of thing, I would have laughed. No one is laughing now.

I understand he offered a weak apology. Haven’t seen it. Literally dehumanizing people.

View: https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1645534892409884681

So many of these "proud Christian conservatives" are making arguments that when carried to their ultimate conclusion means that the LGBTQ should be exterminated and/or relegated to less than 2nd class citizen status. Made to know that their existence is not just unwanted, but an invasion of evil into our otherwise righteous and holy society.

WWII wasn't even that ****ing long ago. There was such an emphasis on learning the lesson of authoritarianism and bigotry in the wake of that war yet less than 100 years later humanity is ready to give it another go.

Trans people are not a threat to you. How can they be?

Gay marriage did not destroy traditional marriage. It wasn't necessary to deny equal rights and the recognition of another person's humanity to protect ourselves. It wasn't then and it isn't now.

Sorry this ****ing septuagenarian (I'm guessing at his age) is made uncomfortable by the younger generation expressing their sexuality and gender identity in a way that he finds hard to understand and that causes him to feel insecure and he transforms that into condemnation and anger, but he has no right to harm people based on his inflexibility and unwillingness to comprehend.

I guess DeSantis’s idea of “freedom” is to simply exercise total control over every human being in Florida. This has as much chance of being embraced by the general electorate in the 2024 election, should he be the GOP nominee, and imposing the Florida model on America be his platform, as the proverbial snowball in Hades does surviving.

DeSantis has apparently declared total war on modernity. How remarkably stupid. Freedom through control of how people think and behave. Prison State USA.

Last edited:
I guess DeSantis’s idea of “freedom” is to simply exercise total control over every human being in Florida. This has as much chance of being embraced by the general electorate in the 2024 election, should he be the GOP nominee, and imposing the Florida model on America be his platform, as the proverbial snowball in Hades does surviving.

DeSantis has apparently declared total war on modernity. How remarkably stupid. Freedom through control of how people think and behave. Prison State USA.

It is a forray into fascism in America. The interesting, and potentially frightening aspect, will be to see how far it goes, how much it is supported, and if it emboldens other hyper-conservative leaders in other states to follow suit. I certainly hope the people will be able to see it for what it is and vote against it in the next cycle, but so far it doesn't look like it will be disrupted any time soon.