What's new

What Are You Praying For?

JazzGal

Contributor
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner

"While appeals to the divine are not a fundamental part of most sports fans’ playbooks, [fans] believe prayer has the power to influence who goes home the victor. About 3 in 10 U.S. adults say they believe it can play a role in determining who wins a sporting event, and a similar percentage say God plays a role, according to a new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research."

This is why the Jazz haven't won a championship. Our small base doesn't pray enough. /sarcasm

That is a larger percentage of the population than I would have expected to believe their God plays favorites.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

Now that I think about it, back in my religious days I probably sent up a prayer or two, not that he would make my team win, but that they would play their best.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

I regularly put the names of the FO on the temple prayer roll, which is one reason I get so angry when they do things so dumb. They show so little gratitude for my humble supports.

This was probably 14-15 years ago, but I recall that in fantasy football one year, I was down 20+ points in the fourth quarter of a Monday night game of the first round of my playoffs. It was the Carolina Panthers versus Tampa Bay buccaneers I had DeAngelo Williams playing it was in the fourth quarter and I recall yelling please God, then Williams proceeded to get two 50+ yard touchdown runs I ended up winning that playoff game and winning my fantasy football league after that. Thanks big guy:cool:

Perhaps the fact that I don’t pray is the reason we haven’t won a title. Sorry guys, I let you all down now **** off.