What's new

What Became of Player Development?

That’s ridiculous. I’m pretty sure Alex has never been in charge of setting the lineup. I’m sure Quin communicated all that stuff to him.
Wow, I didn't realize that the Mighty Quin was also the Amazing Kreskin!!! I mean to have anticipated the entire game like that down to how many minutes each player was going to get and when. But the real head scratcher to me is that Quin would dictate a minutes allocation so at odds with what he himself had been doing (including decimated rosters). According to you then it must be a case of "Do as I say not as I do I" then I suppose. o_O

Wow, I didn't realize that the Mighty Quin was also the Amazing Kreskin!!! I mean to have anticipated the entire game like that down to how many minutes each player was going to get and when. But the real head scratcher to me is that Quin would dictate a minutes allocation so at odds with what he himself had been doing (including decimated rosters). According to you then it must be a case of "Do as I say not as I do I" then I suppose. o_O
What was at odds with what Quin usually does?

It seems to me that the Jazz coaching staff develops a game plan and substitution pattern before the game. They very rarely make in game adjustments.

I really don’t get it. I hear it’s easier for players to know what to expect going into the game. As a fan fonte game who has never played at a high level, that doesn’t make much sense to me. I prefer to see coaches ride with the guy who is hot. But Quin (and Sloan before him) continually stick with game plans and it drives me crazy. (Well… it did drive me crazy. I finally surrendered and realize they know more than I do.)

You are an idiot if that’s what you think I’m saying.

What was at odds with what Quin usually does?

It seems to me that the Jazz coaching staff develops a game plan and substitution pattern before the game. They very rarely make in game adjustments.

I really don’t get it. I hear it’s easier for players to know what to expect going into the game. As a fan fonte game who has never played at a high level, that doesn’t make much sense to me. I prefer to see coaches ride with the guy who is hot. But Quin (and Sloan before him) continually stick with game plans and it drives me crazy. (Well… it did drive me crazy. I finally surrendered and realize they know more than I do.)
Oh you're right, Dok had been playing every game before with Snyder, I guess I just hadn't noticed lol!

Oh you're right, Dok had been playing every game before with Snyder, I guess I just hadn't noticed lol!
You don’t think Snyder was involved in this decision? He had COVID, he wasn’t in a coma. Multiple media reports, and I think even Jensen himself, talked about pregame Zoom calls with Quin.

You don’t think Snyder was involved in this decision? He had COVID, he wasn’t in a coma. Multiple media reports, and I think even Jensen himself, talked about pregame Zoom calls with Quin.
If you read my post and are not brain dead, maybe you'll realize what I said had nothing to do with lineups!