What's new

What Booker's career night means and why we should bring him back.

Jamezz

Tonight was huge for the 'Book'. Favors is out? No problem, Booker comes out and says hi. Tonight may not come through as a regular perennial All-star player putting up some great numbers (36 pts. 9 rebs) on any given night, but it indicates how good the chemistry is with this team. Don't overlook this outstanding performance. This isn't the result of just 'getting lucky' one game, this is the result of a season of hard work, commitment and embracing the system that Quin wants to implement, a system where hard work and professionalism will pay dividends. To me it's a no brainer, bring the m****in' stud BACK.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Booker accepted being paid a bit less if it helped the Jazz get into a competitive playoff spot. Booker has become a 'Jazz man' in one season and I felt an urge to post this appreciation thread in his honor.

Tonight was huge for the 'Book'. Favors is out? No problem, Booker comes out and says hi. Tonight may not come through as a regular perennial All-star player putting up some great numbers (36 pts. 9 rebs) on any given night, but it indicates how good the chemistry is with this team. Don't overlook this outstanding performance. This isn't the result of just 'getting lucky' one game, this is the result of a season of hard work, commitment and embracing the system that Quin wants to implement, a system where hard work and professionalism will pay dividends. To me it's a no brainer, bring the m****in' stud BACK.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Booker accepted being paid a bit less if it helped the Jazz get into a competitive playoff spot. Booker has become a 'Jazz man' in one season and I felt an urge to post this appreciation thread in his honor.

I definitely appreciate the man for his effort and attitude and I am glad that he got his results maybe more than he projected for all this. Hopefully his effort and attitude stays when he gets signed and it will be confirmed that he is a most wanted franchise player for the Jazz and their team chemistry.

I agree completely. He is definitely a Jazz man and fit a lot of our needs this season. High energy guy off the bench, intense, team player, tough as nails, good rebounder. Certainly worth picking up the option. If the brass can't see what he brings to the team, someone else definitely will.

I think Booker was the first FA signed. It's certainly paid off; we SO needed his energy and competitiveness, which I'm sure has to rub off on his teammates.
Quin Snyder has done a MASTERFUL job of restructuring this roster since he took over. Besides drafting Exum and Hood, he's added Booker, Cooley, Cotton, Ingles, Jerrett, Johnson, and Millsap. Thats NINE new players from last season. Except for Cooley and Jerrett, they have all already proved to be good signings. Living in the East, I'm also a Milwaukee Bucks fan. Was totally surprised they turned Chris Johnson loose after playing well on a pair of 10-day contracts. Snyder wisely pounced...

Always in the most manly affectionate way possible. At the very least, we need to pick up his option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cdWNzrwqT0

Booker isn't gonna give the jazz a discount. A grand total of zero players will be giving teams a discount.

I've been on record for wanting Booker to come back next year in every scenario except the one where we get a near-max level free agent to come here and need the cap space. The latter scenario is unlikely.

///The fifth-year forward scored a career-high 36 points -- the most by any Jazzman this season -- as Utah bested the Portland Trail Blazers 111-105 on Saturday night at the former Rose Garden.///

SLTrib

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Why is anyone questioning if he'll be back next season? He's only slotted to make $4.7 million on a team option which they will pick up. He's UFA in 2016 where he might be in for a larger payday as his one big long-term contract he can bank for his career.

The only way Booker isn't in a Jazz uniform next season is if there is some deal on the table to make us significantly better next year that we almost have to take.

Why is anyone questioning if he'll be back next season? He's only slotted to make $4.7 million on a team option which they will pick up. He's UFA in 2016 where he might be in for a larger payday as his one big long-term contract he can bank for his career.

Because his contract is structured to be traded.

I think Booker was the first FA signed. It's certainly paid off; we SO needed his energy and competitiveness, which I'm sure has to rub off on his teammates.
Quin Snyder has done a MASTERFUL job of restructuring this roster since he took over. Besides drafting Exum and Hood, he's added Booker, Cooley, Cotton, Ingles, Jerrett, Johnson, and Millsap. Thats NINE new players from last season. Except for Cooley and Jerrett, they have all already proved to be good signings. Living in the East, I'm also a Milwaukee Bucks fan. Was totally surprised they turned Chris Johnson loose after playing well on a pair of 10-day contracts. Snyder wisely pounced...

You know that was Lindsey, right?

Booker isn't gonna give the jazz a discount. A grand total of zero players will be giving teams a discount.

I've been on record for wanting Booker to come back next year in every scenario except the one where we get a near-max level free agent to come here and need the cap space. The latter scenario is unlikely.
Wrong. There are many examples of players who give teams a discount, especially when they are chasing championships.

Wrong. There are many examples of players who give teams a discount, especially when they are chasing championships.

We're already in a championship window? Can you provide a link to players who are taking less RIGHT NOW with the cap about to explode? Thanks.

He's very Millsap/Matthews/Carroll-esque. The Jazz gotta stop letting these guys go. Yes, please keep Booker.

Or trade for one and the other team wants Booker because they can just waive him and save the $. But either scenario IS unlikely. Booker and Gobert are the spiritual leaders of the Jazz; they give the team it's nastiness. Unfortunately, he becomes a FA in the summer of insanity. I could see a contender with cap space throwing $10M/per at him if they need a backup big. Could Utah keep him for around $8M/per?

We're already in a championship window? Can you provide a link to players who are taking less RIGHT NOW with the cap about to explode? Thanks.
I never said that anyone was going to give the Jazz a discount, though it could be argued that Favors already is.

This outing by Booker certainly makes Favors expandable now if a good deal comes in. Because it almost never happens in the NBA that fringe role players have career nights and stuff.

What this means is he will be easier to trade. What it means is that his non-guaranteed contract most likely gets picked up by Utah or whoever trades for him. It means he guaranteed himself another 5 million.

Which is a really big deal, and is awesome for Booker.