What's new

What did you guys think of Mike Smith filling in for Thurl last night?

I think Boler has been pretty good this year calling play-by-play. Fewer slipups than the past few years. That said, I often have the game on, but on mute.

I lived in LA for a while and I enjoyed Smith commentary covering the Clippers. I wondered what happened to him. What charges was he accused of?

Basically this. Holly is a pro but not meant for a three person type of role. Smith and Thurl might be a bit dry. It’d be nice if there was someone with some humor that wouldn’t be confused at what is happening during the game.

I was on the national feed last night and end up in the visitor feed a lot. Just lol when Boler doesn’t understand the rules or says weird stuff at this point.
Can't remember who or when it was (but was fairly recent), but Boler called a player by a name of someone who was an entirely different race and size and wasn't even in the game. I think he is just kind of dyslexic.

He is a little boring. But he was a nice change of pace with some good details about schemes and insight into what the team was doing. I usually prefer to listen to the other teams announcers though. Either they are better or provide decent information about the other team I don't know or a different perspective about the Jazz.

According to prosecutors, Smith — a former BYU star — persuaded his friend, a retired school teacher with an inoperable brain tumor, to put up his paid-off Dana Point home in January 2008 as collateral for a $735,000 loan, so Smith and Furst could develop land in Dana Point. Prosecutors said the pair lied and said the loan was safe and would be 100 percent guaranteed.

Lmfao damn dude is dirty

According to prosecutors, Smith — a former BYU star — persuaded his friend, a retired school teacher with an inoperable brain tumor, to put up his paid-off Dana Point home in January 2008 as collateral for a $735,000 loan, so Smith and Furst could develop land in Dana Point. Prosecutors said the pair lied and said the loan was safe and would be 100 percent guaranteed.

Lmfao damn dude is dirty
Money-grubbing Mormon.

Unfortunately the Mike Smith accusation is pretty normal business in the land development world. Its high risk high reward and don't let anyone ever fool you with a "guarantee".

Lmfao damn dude is dirty

He comes off as just the type of dude to do something like that.

"The case marks the second time that Smith, a former Clippers player who was a first-round draft choice of the Boston Celtics, has found himself in hot water in recent months. In November, he was suspended for one game by Fox Sports Prime Ticket network for inappropriate comments about Iranian-born Memphis Grizzlies center Hamed Haddadi."