What's new

What Do Jazz Fans Feel Their Chances Are Against The Nets?

As a Knick fan I am honest about my team. I know we are the fourth best team in the league and that there are only three teams in the league that are better than us - the Nets, the Lakers (when healthy), and the Clippers. I know that if we met either of them in a seven game series, we would most likely lose the series in game seven (and it would take an overtime game 7 to do it).

Now suppose Rudy strikes again and spreads covid throughout the NBA West. Fourteen west teams have to put an end to their season, but the Jazz are immune because Rudy, along with being a super spreader, is also a super shield -- his team is immune. So with only one team available in the West, the Jazz get gifted an opportunity by Adam Silver to play in the Finals this year. Where they will meet the Nets.

But how do you Jazz fans feel about facing the Nets in a seven game series? Let's say the Nets do have Kyrie/Durant/Harden healthy, plus Blake Griffin, LaMarcus Aldridge, Joe Harris, DeAndre Jordan, and Jeff Green. Do you honestly think in The Finals you could beat that team?
We would lose and it woudn’t even be close. 4-0 or 4-1 at best

I don't think anyone is beating them when they are 100% healthy... I also think they are likely to end up not being 100% all the way through the playoffs. If KD and Harden are healthy and most of the role players are healthy I think we'd still likely lose. KD is a game changer on both ends of the floor in the playoffs. So versatile and deadly. Harden playing normalized basketball will help him in the playoffs. I thought he would struggle to be normal again but he hasn't.

Sucks because they really have no die hard fans, are pretty unlikeable dudes, and most of their guys are transplants... there is something to organic homegrown teams that I really like.

I don't think anyone is beating them when they are 100% healthy... I also think they are likely to end up not being 100% all the way through the playoffs. If KD and Harden are healthy and most of the role players are healthy I think we'd still likely lose. KD is a game changer on both ends of the floor in the playoffs. So versatile and deadly. Harden playing normalized basketball will help him in the playoffs. I thought he would struggle to be normal again but he hasn't.

Sucks because they really have no die hard fans, are pretty unlikeable dudes, and most of their guys are transplants... there is something to organic homegrown teams that I really like.

Funny, cause I feel the same way about the Jazz when they are at 100%.

1. The Nets do have some hard core fans. Not many, but they do exist. The Nets do have a pretty deep history, you know. Remember a guy named Dr. J? Then the Jason Kidd Finals years. Clearly they will never be thee team in the city, but they do have a passionate fan base -- Jay Z is their Spike Lee, Drake, Jack.

2. Kyrie is odd, but not disliked. Harden plays every game, is said to be one of the best teammates in the league (he throws the best parties), he is not disliked. Durant? Yeah, once beloved, now an enemy.

3. Homegrown teams? I have to say, there was a swelling of fan interest in the Nets prior to the Big Three getting here. It was all due to a "homegrown" team of unknowns performing very well. Dinwiddie, Lavert, Joe Harris, Jared Allen, coach Kenny Atkinson... The Nets were the little engine that could. Fans took to that.

1. The Nets do have some hard core fans. Not many, but they do exist. The Nets do have a pretty deep history, you know. Remember a guy named Dr. J? Then the Jason Kidd Finals years. Clearly they will never be thee team in the city, but they do have a passionate fan base -- Jay Z is their Spike Lee, Drake, Jack.

2. Kyrie is odd, but not disliked. Harden plays every game, is said to be one of the best teammates in the league (he throws the best parties), he is not disliked. Durant? Yeah, once beloved, now an enemy.

3. Homegrown teams? I have to say, there was a swelling of fan interest in the Nets prior to the Big Three getting here. It was all due to a "homegrown" team of unknowns performing very well. Dinwiddie, Lavert, Joe Harris, Jared Allen, coach Kenny Atkinson... The Nets were the little engine that could. Fans took to that.
Yeah... but that was the NJ Nets... not sure those fans kept following the team after the move.

Kyrie and KD are popular but not particularly well liked by the general NBA public. These guys are aloof, prickly, and moody. Harden is so tough to watch sometimes and he's one of my least favorites overall. I don't know anyone that really enjoys Harden and is a fan.

Point 3 is hard nowadays. Its the fact that Joe is there only really active homegrown guy. The NBA is getting a little nomadic and this particular variation of a super team feels very synthetic.