What's new

What do you think of Kuminga?

sip

2024 Prediction Contest Winner
I had big expectations for him coming into this season but he has been a huge disappointment so far and only getting garbage minutes while the warriors have really struggled so far. From a physical standpoint he is a freak but he has a ways to go from a skill standpoint. For a team like the warriors that is in win now mode we have some pieces that could really solidify that roster. How would you guys feel about a trade built around Kelly O and Vandy for Kuminga and Wiseman. I know we all love Vandy but I think Kuminga has the potential to be a rich mans Vandy. Who knows if the warriors would even consider this but I think Kelly and Vandy would help fill the weaknesses that they have. Do you think it would be worth the risk of moving a somewhat proven young player in Vandy for an unproven guy with higher upside?

I had big expectations for him coming into this season but he has been a huge disappointment so far and only getting garbage minutes while the warriors have really struggled so far. From a physical standpoint he is a freak but he has a ways to go from a skill standpoint. For a team like the warriors that is in win now mode we have some pieces that could really solidify that roster. How would you guys feel about a trade built around Kelly O and Vandy for Kuminga and Wiseman. I know we all love Vandy but I think Kuminga has the potential to be a rich mans Vandy. Who knows if the warriors would even consider this but I think Kelly and Vandy would help fill the weaknesses that they have. Do you think it would be worth the risk of moving a somewhat proven young player in Vandy for an unproven guy with higher upside?
I don’t know what Kumingas player type is… so it’s really hard for me… there are things to like but I’d want a skill that helps tie it all together. I also think there are some character concerns around him… maybe that’s a bad way to put it… like maybe he’s not the hardest worker or easiest guy to deal with.

I don’t think you could get both guys… and I wouldn’t really want to pay the price I think it’d take. I don’t think it’s the worst trade idea so don’t take it the wrong way… I think they could likely do better if they wanted to move them.

The Warriors rotation is a little cluttered right now with the majority of their team back while they're also trying to get young guys involved. I'd put the odds they make a deal like that at almost 0% they didn't want to part with those guys in a potential KD trade. Keeping Wiseman/Kuminga/Poole/Moody gives them guys to build around in the post Curry era.

I would consider it. Two young prospects for one young prospect and an old *** annoying flopper?
Vanderbilt is my favorite player on the jazz though so I would definitely be sad.

Low offensive IQ and pretty much if he had the green light : chucker.But he is on a former contender who thinks they still are one, with no time for development , besides throw him in the fire as small ball energy big ,or wing defender ,that can score in transition and make plays defensively. But his impact is only based on athleticism not IQ.
Wiseman is far more interesting for me, but GSW is not taking that package for two former lottery picks that as sad as it may seem might be the only thing that sells seats for them in a couple seasons.

i'd take a chance on kuminga. he was embarrassingly bad in summer league and the dubs want nothing to do with him early in the season, but as of late last season the dude was virtually untouchable.

Kuminga was drafted as a raw guy that would be an immediate plus defender while his shot received a modest facelift. The problem he's facing is that the level of athleticism and craftiness in the NBA dwarfs what he saw in the G League and he's still playing as a very green rookie.

At only 20 years old, I don't think it's time to sound the alarm yet, but his offensive game hasn't developed well so far and he needs a lot of work (not what a GSW teams needs right now). He's cheap enough to keep around, but my guess is they'd offload him for rotation guys that would make them better right now.

Wiseman just doesn't look good. He's shown no shot, lackadaisical defense which should be his calling card and a bit of a flippant attitude. He's missed so much time that it feels like he's still a rookie learning, but I wouldn't want him on my team.