What's new

What ever happened to home-court advantage?

nickyjam21

Was it just me, or were the officials terrible tonight? I can think of many plays where the refs completely missed;
-Ak getting hacked across the arm which led to a Ray Allen wide open 3.
-Paul Millsap getting Pierce in the air and then not getting the whistle (didn't hurt that bad because my boy Favors followed with a sweet dunk.)
-KG getting cleanly swatted by both Al and DFave and falls to the floor so they blow the whistle
-Paul Pierce throwing his head back, twice, when there was NO contact and got the call both times
-and last but not least, every single screen KG set tonight was completely illegal, yet not a single one of them was called?

I hate complaining about referees, I really do. It seems like such a copout. But tonight was too much for me. It completely changed the game that the Jazz could very well have won with a more evenly called matchup.

Another tough loss for the Jazz, but until they get players that can knock down some open shots, they will continue to struggle. Every single night they get 0 production for their 2 guard position, which allows teams to just pack the paint which takes away easy baskets. Devin Harris is solid, and Derrick Favors is a complete stud. A win tonight could have really ignited this team, but those effing refs were so reactionary to the all-stars in green, it was a real up-hill battle. With good young talent, we can only hope that our time will come...

The NBA refs are incompetent. I saw all those referenced misses you identified and was thinking the same thing. I like the one where Millsap got hit Kristad or whatever his name is and went flying all the way to the Jazz bench and they call it and another time when he got hacked by Garnett and then gets called for a touch foul at the other end. Garnett should've fouled out in the first half. He was holding guys on every screen. You aren't allowed to do that in NFL let alone the NBA.

The thing that bothers me the most is our opponents moving on their screens pushing our players out towards mid court, whenever we try to go over the screen... it happens constantly.

That must the be the call the refs miss the most, the moving screen. But with Garnett it was more blatant, he was just holding guys. Another time, I can't remember who it was, but big baby set a moving screen that knocked one of our guys to the floor and they didn't call anything.

Even my lady who knows nothing about basketball says to me, "that doesn't look very fair. Why is that guy holding that other guy?" She was referring to garnett and his screens.

Joey Crawford ladies and gentleman!

ofyias.jpg

2uza5js.gif

I wanted to see what you'd do. And you didn't disappoint.

basketball crowds are pathetic when it comes to reacting to things that happen on the court. it seems like you only express your opinion on the internet after the game when it's too late. in football(amer. soccer) the crowd would let the ref hear it the whole game.

this homecourt advantage stuff is really overused in nba basketball even if you are looking at the jazz. wrong call? -> short murmur. during runs, at the end of the first and fourth quarter you stand up and clap and that's it. sometimes you chant defense for up to 5 possesions a game. you should motivate them espacially during slumps or when they play bad defense(rondo's layup run).

There were a lot of no-calls that were constantly giving the Celtics the advantage. This was not a game that crew of officials orthe NBA should be proud of... They flat stunk it up, play after play. A few missed calls I can understand, but from start to finish this was one of the worst officiated games I've seen for an NBA game.

All Star Advantage > Home Court Advantage. Also Joey Crawford has been horrible for 20 years, what makes anyone expect anything different?

Crawford isn't horrible by today's NBA ref standards he just isn't influenced by home crowds and the more they get on him it seems the more the road team seems to benefit.
I forgot about Pierce's first half "Face Flops" thanks for reminding me and pissing me off all over again. I'm positive the Jazz couldn't get away with it as they don't have the stars the Celt's have but I would've loved to see the Jazz get more physical and start knocking them on their *** or set there own screens a bit harder and moving if necessary. I'm sure they'd call a moving screen against the Jazz then coach Ty could say oh good you do recognize and know what one is, how about you call them for it.

what garnet is doing is totally legal its called a sticky screen

No, that's what you call your computer monitor ...ah, nevermind. It's too easy.

---

The line of the night was Harpring talking about a call on Hayward on Ray Allen in the first half I think. "That's the right call by the ref. Ray's an established veteran and all-star in this league and Hayward's the rookie."

WTF does that have to do with anything concerning the call...a foul's a foul no matter who does it to who. I wish I could mute those two pukes and just listen to random crowd noise instead.

The thing that bothers me the most is our opponents moving on their screens pushing our players out towards mid court, whenever we try to go over the screen... it happens constantly.

Minute 1:49 on the highlight reel @ nba.com/jazz. Garnett pushes and holds AK, and the ref is staring right at it with unimpeded view.

The AK foul was an easy call as well.

The rest listed are fan hype.

When Millsap fell to the floor it could have easily been offensive. He turned blindly and dangerously into Krstic, and made a nice shot. Good no call.
The other Millsap "foul" where Favors followed it up with a dunk wasn't a foul anymore than the ones Paul Pierce lobbied for and didn't get. You can see this play as well on the Jazz homepage.

Paul Pierce should have been ejected for playing up too much on obvious non-fouls. That **** is driving fans away from the NBA, and they'll either learn their lesson or lose money. Throw 'em out.